Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 21:19   #2311
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Have manufacturer's started fixing Fastags to new vehicles?
Fastag has been made mandatory (since Dec 2017 I think) at the time of purchase, so the dealers procure the tag and include the expense in final on road pricing.
Manufacturers continue to provide a factory fitted RFID with every new car, but somehow this is yet to be successfully integrated with Fastag. If this is done, there is no need to procure an additional RFID tag from the fastag providers like ICICI, paytm, etc
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 21:54   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Fastag has been made mandatory (since Dec 2017 I think) at the time of purchase, so the dealers procure the tag and include the expense in final on road pricing.
Manufacturers continue to provide a factory fitted RFID with every new car, but somehow this is yet to be successfully integrated with Fastag. If this is done, there is no need to procure an additional RFID tag from the fastag providers like ICICI, paytm, etc
+1
Unfortunately the manufacturer's RFID tags are not integrated in Bank's FASTag system and that is forcing customer's to pay additional cost at the time of vehicle purchase. The current direction is vehicles cannot be registered in RTOs to get license plate number, unless there is a FASTag associated with the VIN number of new car. Dealers are mandated to deliver the car only with a FASTag to promote online toll payment system.

In my case, the default FASTag that came at the time of car delivery was HDFC FASTag, but i had really tough time and the experience was very bad. The online account suddenly stopped working and no one can address from customer care. I tried to follow up but ended up wit futile effort and hence went back to reliable ICICI FASTag that worked very well.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:18   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I read about this but was not sure if it was implemented. I was also expecting manufacturers to start their own Fastags (eg. Maruti Fastag or Hyundai Fastag). I din't expect them to use the existing Fastags.
Now what happens if a customer gets a Fastag he doesn't like? Can he just cancel it and replace it with another one? Does RTO need to be notified of the change?

Quote:
I don't know what's so difficult for the manufacturers to implement this. Even your petro should be included in this.
Old 7th February 2018, 22:28   #2314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A couple of days ago I saw a brand new car (I think it was my neighbour's Wagon R) and it had a Fastag on the Windshield. Have manufacturer's started fixing Fastags to new vehicles?
I think you missed this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-2017-a.html
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:55   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read about this but was not sure if it was implemented.
I did read it in the below thread. I was surprised it was already implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I already got a Fastag on 1 car and will soon put it on the 2nd car. You never know when they will make it mandatory for all cars. When that happens there's going to be a mad rush and prices may also increase.
Old 8th February 2018, 11:33   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hello All,

Just wanted to update everyone after my detailed update on Paytm Fastag procurement. Now I sold my car and initiated process for closing the Tag and refund of deposit. To say the least, the Paytm customer service is pathetic. I had raised the ticket on Dec 14th and till now, nothing has happened. I have been calling them every 7 days, including today but don't feel it will get done anytime soon. They are not even showing the confidence.

However the positive part of Paytm is that there was an option to Disable Tag from Paytm App. That helped to atleast save my wallet But now without previous one being closed, I cant take the new one. I am stuck.

So FYI, Paytm Fastag closure process and customer support is a big fail.

I am in similar situation; requested ICICI to close my tag a month back, but no action yet even after 4 reminders.

Emailed NHAI requesting their help.

ICICIbank.com website has a complaints section, but fastag is not metioned in it
Old 8th February 2018, 11:48   #2317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I am in similar situation; requested ICICI to close my tag a month back, but no action yet even after 4 reminders.
I guess Hyd_traveller had done the same.

There was a post about closure of tag few pages back.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:20   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hello All,

Just wanted to update everyone after my detailed update on Paytm Fastag procurement. Now I sold my car and initiated process for closing the Tag and refund of deposit. To say the least, the Paytm customer service is pathetic. I had raised the ticket on Dec 14th and till now, nothing has happened. I have been calling them every 7 days, including today but don't feel it will get done anytime soon. They are not even showing the confidence.

However the positive part of Paytm is that there was an option to Disable Tag from Paytm App. That helped to atleast save my wallet But now without previous one being closed, I cant take the new one. I am stuck.

So FYI, Paytm Fastag closure process and customer support is a big fail.
UPDATE: Almost getting close to 2 months now and I haven't received my refund from Paytm. It still shows in my Paytm App with a 'Closed' status. To get the 'Closed' status itself took infinite calls to customer care, paytm tweet and more. Their last response was that once the Tag is changed to 'Closed' status, it will take around 20 days further for refund to be processed. I am not sure if this is 'automatic' after seeing so far pathetic customer support from Paytm. So looks like I again need to call them and run behind.

Such a big brand now, should be ashamed with the kind of support they give. Main problem is that useless and not so knowledgeable guys are answering the calls. Only time when somebody sensible called me was when I tweeted and he was the one who actually changed the status to Closed i.e around 5 weeks or so from the time i raised closure request.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 13:10   #2319
BHPian

Quote:

Emailed NHAI requesting their help.

ICICIbank.com website has a complaints section, but fastag is not metioned in it
You need to fill a closure form, crossed cheque, address proof and PAN card (scanned copy is fine) and mail them, below is the email address of the lady who helped me close my Fortuner's tag. The email ID does not accept attachment if its more than 3MB. It takes 21 days after closing the tag to get the refund. I have no clue why the closing procedure is so tedious when they already have all my details.

Quote:
mamatha.i@ext.icicibank.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ICICI FASTag - Closure Form - New.pdf (430.1 KB, 8160 views)
mjumrani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 17:12   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
You need to fill a closure form, crossed cheque, address proof and PAN card (scanned copy is fine) and mail them, below is the email address of the lady who helped me close my Fortuner's tag. The email ID does not accept attachment if its more than 3MB. It takes 21 days after closing the tag to get the refund. I have no clue why the closing procedure is so tedious when they already have all my details.
Thank you. I got a call from them today, possible after my escalation yesterday. But the lady who called do not have permissions to send emails outside ICICI, so I was searching for the closure form; glad you shared it.

I too really don't understand why we need to provide documentation to close an account as well
Old 8th February 2018, 23:35   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Pay as you use toll pilot project launched.

To be integrated with Fastag, as per NHAI FB page. Not sure about technical aspects of the same. Something to watch out for -

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fb_img_1518112967998.jpg

News link

Last edited by mpksuhas : 8th February 2018 at 23:43. Reason: Updating news link
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:56   #2322
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS from ICICI -

Quote:
Dear Customer, visit the ICICI Bank FASTag stall at Auto Expo, Hall No. 1, Noida & explore the world of electronic toll collection! Buy a FASTag & get a voucher worth Rs. 250. Offer from Fri-09 to Wed-14-2018. T&C apply.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:44   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Finally my tag is deactivated today. Hope I will get the refund in 10 days as promised.

Contact number of the ICICI Bommanahalli branch: 080 66303011

One correction for the list of documents - Its cancelled cheque, not crossed cheque.

I gave a copy of Aadhaar instead of PAN and address proof.

Do not email the id mentioned, those people keep changing.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 15:05   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
One correction for the list of documents - Its cancelled cheque, not crossed cheque.
Thanks for pointing out the mistake , noticed it just now.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 23:34   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have a second public grievance case opened for this as they claimed that ETC/FASTag was never stopped. I also replied the email where NHAI officials were included along with the toll plaza operator, requesting NHAI to conduct an on the spot assessment
Finally NHAI admitted that FASTag/ETC was not working at Bankapur toll plaza (NH-48) during September - November 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-bkp.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks