Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:47   #2341
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
FASTag installation document : Maruti Suzuki
Note : Check the detailed PDF document!
As per the document, for all Maruti vehicles (Type 1 & Type 2 based on windshield ceramic pattern), the tag is to be pasted towards the co-driver side.

Any first hand experiences after following this installation recommendation ? Has anyone faced problems with the tag not being detected due to the position of the tag ?
(asking since toll booths and tag sensors are located towards the driver's side and many vehicles especially trucks and mini goods carriers have tags pasted on right side towards the driver).

*On the Wagon R (type 2 windshield that has the V-shaped ceramic line) can we paste it to towards the driver side instead of the co-driver side (Lateral symmetrical position) ?

Last edited by NPV : 22nd February 2018 at 19:05.
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:46   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As per the document, for all Maruti vehicles (Type 1 & Type 2 based on windshield ceramic pattern), the tag is to be pasted towards the co-driver side.

Any first hand experiences after following this installation recommendation ?
In my Baleno, I have stuck the tag on the co-driver side as per MS recommendation. It has worked all the time till date.
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:04   #2343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any first hand experiences after following this installation recommendation ? Has anyone faced problems with the tag not being detected due to the position of the tag ?
My first tag was fixed on the left side corner and it worked perfectly fine.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:37   #2344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
*On the Wagon R (type 2 windshield that has the V-shaped ceramic line) can we paste it to towards the driver side instead of the co-driver side (Lateral symmetrical position) ?
To be honest, you could just paste it after laminating it with transparent tape and try it on any side. If it failed to work on left hand side, you can always re-position that to the right hand side.

I am just assuming that having it on the left should not cause any issues except cases where they will use hand-held devices where the tag will be out of reach if someone is sitting inside the booth and trying to scan.

Having seen the trucks and buses paste these tags exactly on the center of the entire width of the windscreen (but more precisely at a lower position than the top most part), for a car like WagonR that has a narrow footprint, this is still will work when on the left hand side.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:41   #2345
Senior - BHPian

I have pasted the tag at the center of the windshield (just below the IRVM arm) and it is working fine. Tag is getting detected at all tolls. My friend has pasted it at the bottom right of the windshield and it was being detected too.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:55   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Equitas FASTag KYC

KYC compliance:

I was getting below SMS last month. As I had submitted PAN & Aadhar card photocopy just after getting a tag in Dec'17, I ignored those messages.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas01.jpeg

Surprisingly, I got below message few days back & had to call up their call center.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas02.jpeg

Call center person couldn't help much & couldn't find a trace of documents I had submitted at their branch in Pune. He promised me he would take help of his senior person & call me back after an hour. In meanwhile, I thought of logging in their web portal (rather than habitual phone app). It popped up for adding PAN card after logging in, I uploaded PAN card image. I checked on Aadhar linking & after adding number, system showed it's already linked.
Within a hour, got a SMS that update request has been processed.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas03.jpeg

So much for this KYC and wasted efforts of submission of physical documents at bank branch. BTW, again experienced that Equitas toll free number 1800-419-1996 doesn't work before 9am.

Last edited by sukiwa : 23rd February 2018 at 10:59.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:28   #2347
Team-BHP Support

Hi All,

The dealers have provided a PayTM fastag as part of the purchase of my new 330i GT. Before the delivery of the car, I had got a call from the BMW dealer asking for a OTP that was sent to my cell phone. He said once they enter this OTP in the system, the tag will be registered to my PayTM account.

But after this OTP message, I did not get any confirmation message that the tag is linked to my PayTM account. Even in my PayTM app, I am not able to see any mention of a fastag anywhere.

Is there anything else I should do to see the tag linked to my PayTM account in my PayTM app?

Thanks in advance for the inputs.
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:36   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Used FasTag extensively during the last 10 days and it has been a smooth and hassle free process.
Thank you for the review. Can you comment on your experience of pasting Fastag on a plastic film? Did this cause any issues at all? Could you also explain the process of pasting with a bit of detail? Did you simply take off the sticker and pasted the tag on a plastic film? After that, how did you paste that film on the windscreen?
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:38   #2349
BHPian

Re: Equitas FASTag KYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

So much for this KYC and wasted efforts of submission of physical documents at bank branch. BTW, again experienced that Equitas toll free number 1800-419-1996 doesn't work before 9am.
I have closed my account with equitas and yet I am getting messages and calls on a daily basis asking me to give Aadhar .
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:30   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Thank you for the review. Can you comment on your experience of pasting Fastag on a plastic film? Did this cause any issues at all? Could you also explain the process of pasting with a bit of detail? Did you simply take off the sticker and pasted the tag on a plastic film? After that, how did you paste that film on the windscreen?
The front side (chip end) has the glue and which should go towards the windshield from the cabin. Chose a location where there is no sunfilm or other stickers closeby.

I got it from ICICI Bang and they gave it in thin plastic cover which I did not bother to remove and just placed it the slit of overhead upholstery and windshield and stuck it with a 3M VHB tape and its holding. This is exactly on the inner side of windshield that is right above the driver side (most of the time the handheld scanner and scanner on pole is driver side in the route that I drive so, it get captured without any issue.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 17:01   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Can you comment on your experience of pasting Fastag on a plastic film? Did this cause any issues at all? Could you also explain the process of pasting with a bit of detail? Did you simply take off the sticker and pasted the tag on a plastic film? After that, how did you paste that film on the windscreen?
There has been no issues with using a plastic film.

In hindsight, I may have stuck the Fastag directly to the windshield without the plastic film for two reasons 1) its quite cheap to replace and 2) there is no need to move it once it is stuck.

I simply took off the sticker and pasted the tag on a clear plastic film.
Cut the extra film around the edges of the tag, stuck cello tape around the four edges of the tag and stuck the same to the windshield near the IRVM.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 23rd February 2018 at 17:03.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 17:24   #2352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can also refer to this (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!) post of mine where I have posted details with pictures on how I have fixed it with a transparent tape on the adhesive side and made it portable in a way that if I replace my windscreen ever, I can just pull it off and paste it again, without damaging the tag.

And this has been working flawlessly ever since.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 13:15   #2353
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Waggy® Fastag update:
Since the backing sheet on the Fastag's adhesive side was a transparent one (see front/outside view of the tag below), it was easy to experiment with the placement of the tag on the windshield by using cellophane tape.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1.jpg

Followed the recommended placement mentioned in the Maruti PDF (link (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!))
Since the Wagon R has the Type 2 Ceramic pattern, recommended measurements were 83mm from top and 25mm from edge of IRVM. Unlike, the older tags newer ones are bigger in height, so decided to go with 80mm x 25mm
Made a small paper template of this size. Stuck the tag on the inside using cellophane tape on the periphery of the tag.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-2.jpg

Was a bit apprehensive about this location
1. since it seemed to be far away from right edge of windshield (driver's side), unlike in my Dzire where it is placed right in the middle (in front of IRVM)
2. it was close to the factory fitted RFID tag

Some members mentioned it works fine if placed on the co-driver's side as recommended by Maruti. But I also remember some folks mentioning the factory fitted RFID may prevent the Fastag from being recognized (posts from early Fastag days).
Anyways, needed to verify if the tag works when placed this way and what better way than to actually drive to a toll plaza ?

A morning drive to Hosur and back gave us the opportunity to do just that and the tag worked all 4 times without a hitch

Onward:
1. BETL down ramp - Used the 2nd lane from left with Fastag signage
2. Attibele - Used the 2nd lane from left with Fastag signage

Return:
3. Attibele - Used one of middle lanes since all lanes are Fastag enabled
4. BETL up ramp - Used one of the designated Fastag lanes (other was closed)

Signage at Attibele, glad that all lanes are Fastag enabled now!
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-3.jpg

Picture of Waggy® with the Fastag - here (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)

Last edited by NPV : 25th February 2018 at 13:26.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 09:47   #2354
BHPian

Sharing a recent experience:
About 2 weeks back I was going towards Nandi Hills. I had a vague recollection about issues reported in this thread related to FasTag at the Airport/ Devanahalli toll booths. I chose to play it safe and decided to pay by cash. I took the second lane from the left at the Devanahalli toll booth (which was far away from the FasTag lane). About a few minutes after paying (Rs. 120 for the return journey), I got a message that Rs. 85 (one way fare) was debited from my FasTag account. So much for wanting to avoid issues!

On my return journey I went through the cash lane again but no debit was made to my FasTag account.

I logged a dispute on the ICICI Bank FasTag site uploading a copy of the cash paid toll receipt. It got resolved and I got the refund yesterday. Quite satisfied with the dispute resolution process.

In an earlier experience (at either the Walajapet or Pallikonda or Vaniyambdi toll - not able to recollect exactly where), I could see on the operator screen that my FasTag was detected and charged. The light had changed green too. I could avoid the cash payment and go through. I was not as observant this time.

So watch out at this toll booth and keep receipts handy to help with dispute resolution.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:58   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
In an earlier experience (at either the Walajapet or Pallikonda or Vaniyambdi toll - not able to recollect exactly where), I could see on the operator screen that my FasTag was detected and charged. The light had changed green too.
Yes. I concur this. I too faced this especially in Chennai-Bangalore and Chennai-Kanyakumari stretch. The application that these toll collectors have has FASTag as a tabbed application. That means, it hides behind the regular application that they use for billing.

They do not check or do not see it flashing when it detects FASTag. No use blaming these folks since they are not that tech savvy, but FASTag folks need to make alert mechanism better.

Couple of times I asked the guy/gal to check the FASTag screen. They did and immediately boom stick opened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks