Old 2nd April 2018, 20:26   #2476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post

Which bank are you talking about ?
It's Paytm Fastag. Not from any bank.
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:00   #2477
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
It's Paytm Fastag. Not from any bank.
My bad. I did not read attentively. My PayTM needed KYC after recent Android update.
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:49   #2478
BHPian

Hi All- I had ordered the FASTAG through ICICI bank Fast Tag in online and the same was delivered flat in 10 days through courier.

I had subsequently installed the same in the car and used it last week in the tolls in Chennai- Trichy highway and it worked like a breeze. In most of the tolls, the fastag lanes was blocked and manned by a security gaurd. Only after identifying the tag in the car, the security allowed us to pass through that lane and this is definitely a welcome step!!

The moment car passes through the toll, a SMS is being sent on the amount deducted and the balance available.

For recharge, I tried using the UPI and it was pretty simple and straight forward.

Overall Fastag is pretty effective in saving time by not standing in long queues and looking for change for payment. The account creation online and usage is hassle free!

Recommend all users to apply from any bank which is convenient for them and use the benefits!

Regards
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:59   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
One query on Paytm Fastag. If we do not complete the KYC requirement, still can we use this? I hope KYC requirement is to facilitate higher transaction limits.
According to PayTM, 'mini KYC' is needed to add money to wallet or to receive cashbacks. For that, any one government issued ID is needed as mentioned here.

I did not provide them any ID, but since my account is attached to Fastag, they must have considered the IDs I provided them during Fastag account opening.

Due to this, I can add money to my wallet and my Fastag also worked during my highway trip two days back.
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:53   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

I did not provide them any ID, but since my account is attached to Fastag, they must have considered the IDs I provided them during Fastag account opening.
I had provided my Aadhaar when I applied for the Fastag. I added some money into the wallet. Yet to use the Fastag in tolls.
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:59   #2481
Distinguished - BHPian

As mentioned few posts back, I had reported the issue of slow Fastag lane to NHAI. Infact, send a spam mail to all the ID's I was able to get online. Right from surface transport minister to ETC nodal ID.

Got a reply today, quoting the same below. Wonder what they mention by the part I have mentioned in bold.

Quote:

Dear Mr. Suhas,

Kindly refer to your Grievance (Registration Number: MORTH/P/2018/00139) regarding difficulty in FASTag lane at Toll Plazas.

Thanks for your email to notify us the difficulties you have experienced at the Toll Plazas. The same are regretted please.

Your Complaint are well received at our end. We have asked for the reason for the same to Toll operator and concerned office.Apart from this, NHAI is conducting trial POC for other modes of faster cashless transaction to reduce congestion at Toll Plaza.

Thank you for your understanding. For any other question or request for assistance, you can contact us directly on this Email Id.

​​Regards,
ETC Team
IHMCL | 2nd Floor | MTNL Building | Sector-19
Dwarka | New Delhi-110075

Attaching screenshot of the issue too, just in case someone wants Email ID's of contact persons.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg

Last edited by mpksuhas : 3rd April 2018 at 23:00.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 18:24   #2482
Senior - BHPian

It seems, cashback for toll payments using FASTag has been reduced from 7.5% to 5%. I got the below SMS from Paytm:
Attached Images

Last edited by airbus : 4th April 2018 at 18:26.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 22:18   #2483
BHPian

Is it illegal to hold two fastag per vehicle? My Axis bank tag is deactivated pending KYC which is taking unusually long period despite follow ups, I have couple of trips coming up, so thinking of signing up for Paytm one. Pls advise.
Old 7th April 2018, 00:11   #2484
BHPian

My fastag experience from Equitas was very good. Had created an account online and uploaded the relevant documents. The tag was delivered in 3 days flat. I will rate the service from Equitas a 9/10.

The tag was delivered in active condition. There is an android app for equitas fastag. It is functional but can be better. I hope it improves with subsequent updates. I tested the tag on my recent drive from Thrissur to Bangalore. It worked well in all the toll plazas except for the dreaded Coimbatore bypass . Two toll plazas had people who used a handheld scanner to scan the tag. But the process took hardly 10 seconds. As the traffic started increasing , getting out of a fastag lane was as slow as a manual lane. This was observed at Krishnagiri as well as Attibele toll gates. The Attibele toll gate has hybrid terminals on all lanes. So it makes sense to take the lane with least vehichles rather than waiting in the dedicated fastag lane.

Over the entire 500kms , cash was paid only at the CBE bypass. I have saved an estimated 30-45mins over the entire drive. The system as a whole is pretty good. A bit of tweaking in the implementation and maintenance will bring great relief to the frequent highway going crowd.

Also noted that the fastag system has got a wider user base in lorries than passenger cars. May be wrong though.
mithunkb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 13:00   #2485
BHPian

Update on my Paytm Fastag refund -

After 105 days, tons of tweets and emails including the last one to nitin gadkari ji, i finally received the refund but quite funny!

Around 3 week back since my first tweet which covered a few news channels, vijay shekar etc, some one called from paytm and gave his personal number promising me that refund will happen soon. He honestly said that the reason for delay is that refund system is not in place lol. But he was clear on that saying there is no integration between paytm and paytm mall and fastag for this refund to happen but they are working on it. Then after a wait for further 2 weeks i again tweeted with this info without citing his name again to Gadkari ji as well. And next day this paytm guy sent me the refund amount from his personal paytm account!!! And in my paytm app it still says fastag closure pending. Limits of unprofessionalism. Big shame on Vijay Shekar for running such an unprofessional sysyem despite so much success.
Old 8th April 2018, 14:31   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is it illegal to hold two fastag per vehicle.
Nothing illegal, go with the bank you find suitable.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 16:20   #2487
Distinguished - BHPian

Received below message from ICICI -

Quote:
Dear Customer, ICICI Bank Toll Plaza systems will be upgraded between 2 A.M. till 11 A.M. on 10th April'18. During this time, transactions will not be processed and recharges done will not reflect at plazas. Hence you are requested to recharge one hour before the downtime. Transactions that have taken place during downtime will be posted later and will be processed in bulk. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 16:55   #2488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is it illegal to hold two fastag per vehicle? My Axis bank tag is deactivated pending KYC which is taking unusually long period despite follow ups, I have couple of trips coming up, so thinking of signing up for Paytm one. Pls advise.
The fact that the status of the current tag is 'Deactivated' itself makes way for you to buy another tag from any other financial institute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Nothing illegal, go with the bank you find suitable.
However, the FAQs from various banks, like this one clearly says that you can't use 2 tags for one vehicle. This is mainly for operational issues but I do recollect reading here (or elsewhere) where someone was unable to purchase a Tag and link that to a vehicle which already had a tag due to this:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-2tags.jpg

This one is from PayTM Fastag FAQs.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 21:10   #2489
BHPian

I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything on this particular issue that I'm having.

So I'm going to re-register my vehicle from Mumbai to Karnataka. My registration number will change as well. Now, since the Fastag is linked to a single registration number, does anyone know what is the procedure to change it? Do I have to scrap the old one and get a new one?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2018, 21:26   #2490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
Now, since the Fastag is linked to a single registration number, does anyone know what is the procedure to change it?
You will need to buy another FASTag!
  • If you buy a Tag from the same financial institution as existing tag, all you do then is link this new Tag to your existing tag account and then move the money from the old tag to the new one - Either online by accessing your account or by calling the customer care
  • If you buy a tag from any other financial institution apart from the one you already have a tag from, you need to apply for a cancellation of the existing tag so the bank will de-activate that and refund you the balance amount

Irrespective of the route taken, it is sure that you will anyway have to de-activate the first tag associated with the old registration number.

This is what I know from an experience of a friend who picked tag via Equitas, moved to Mumbai, paid taxes and now applied for a Registration number change.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks