Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 06:38   #2461

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Ordered fast tag from Paytm, pretty simple process -
1. Fill in the car and owner details
2. Make 500 RS payment
3. You receive a link where you need to provide identity and RC proof (upload as attachments)
4. Fast tag is delivered home

Yet to experience tolls though, hope for a waitless ride.

Thanks,
Anirudha
Old 30th March 2018, 10:52   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudha.rao View Post
4. Fast tag is delivered home
Hi, when did you order your Fastag and while ordering, what was the delivery schedule. In my case, I ordered Fastag via Paytm Mall on 5th March. The order dispatch was on 20th March and 23 March was arrival. Unfortunately, on 24th, my order got auto cancelled.
Old 30th March 2018, 11:30   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Hi, when did you order your Fastag and while ordering, what was the delivery schedule. In my case, I ordered Fastag via Paytm Mall on 5th March. The order dispatch was on 20th March and 23 March was arrival. Unfortunately, on 24th, my order got auto cancelled.
Did you upload your RC details and Adhaar copy? Other than uploading on the link sent through SMS you have to mail these two to fastag.upload@paytm.com and to fastag@paytm.com
I had two unsuccessful attempts at PayTm. The first one was auto cancelled since I didn't send RC copy to the above mail ID. The second time I sent the RC copy to the above mail ID but after my receipt date passed and I called up CC only to be told that Adhaar copy also to be sent to these mail ID. I didn't send and let it auto cancel.
Old 30th March 2018, 14:34   #2464
Distinguished - BHPian

At least 15 vehicles in the Fastag lane and their scanner was finding it hard to scan the trucks successfully. This was at Pallikonda toll towards Chennai.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180329_064642875.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180329_064710082.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 15:17   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Today morning at Krishnagiri, a truck went in the fast tag lane. The reader did not read, truck fellow refused payment in cash, the toll fellow just kept waiting almost 15 minutes. Finally the truck fellow drove off after paying in cash. What about the three minute free stuff for all of us waiting in that lane?
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:10   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
The reader did not read, truck fellow refused payment in cash, the toll fellow just kept waiting.
Two days ago, at one of the tolls (can't recall exactly which) between Chennarayapatna and Nelamangala, the FastTag lane appeared empty except for the lone car that was near the booth. On closer observation, I found that the rest were stopped behind a barricade by a guard and were being let in one car at a time. Couldn't investigate further as I was in a bus, but this appeared to be a jugaad to escape the overenthusiastic tag reader that might have resulted in a confusion earlier.
Old 30th March 2018, 17:56   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Couldn't investigate further as I was in a bus, but this appeared to be a jugaad to escape the overenthusiastic tag reader that might have resulted in a confusion earlier.
No sir. There are people who are called "Freeloaders". The tailgaters who closely follow us "FastTaggers" and escape toll payment.

So much for automation and evil intentions still follow.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 23:16   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Two days ago, at one of the tolls (can't recall exactly which) between Chennarayapatna and Nelamangala, the FastTag lane appeared empty except for the lone car that was near the booth. On closer observation, I found that the rest were stopped behind a barricade by a guard and were being let in one car at a time. Couldn't investigate further as I was in a bus, but this appeared to be a jugaad to escape the overenthusiastic tag reader that might have resulted in a confusion earlier.
Did Bengaluru - Halekote (near Holenarasipura) trip (temple visit) today. FasTag lane at all toll booths between Nelamangala and Chennarayanapatna (both ways) were blocked with the barricade and a security guard was clearing this only for vehicles having FasTag. I was using FasTag for the first time today and felt happy to have the exclusive lane for my car today . Total time spent in 6 toll booths was less than 2 minutes today.

Hope FasTag option gets activated at the booth where we enter Tumkur road from NICE road.
murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 07:30   #2469

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
Anyway, as feared by me, I was charged for that failed attempt to cross via the Fastag lane. So I double-paid the toll. I kept ringing the customer support number for the HDFC Fastag and there's never anyone answering it. To add to my woes, on the 10th of January, I received a text message saying my Fastag account had been further debited Rs 175 for an 'adjustment'. There was no further explanation and it does not even show in the transaction history on their website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Tried the email - nobody responds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Same problem finally managed to call up their customer care( Perpetually busy,No Answer most of the time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Their customer care number is always busy as reported here by many others. They mention that they have sent out wallet ID and everything with the mailer but all they send is the tag and a piece of paper with instructions on how to paste the tag correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
During fist week of this month Feb, I tried applying online for HDFC FasTag. After uploading required docs, there is a window asking OTP sent to my mobile. But I have not received any OTP. Tried all chances and expired. After a while, again I tried step by step by uploading again my docs. Again stuck up at OTP which is not received. Called the customer care number 1800-.... for help but it says busy and hanged .
I have faced all these problems & more with HDFC Fastag.

OTP not received, customer ID/wallet ID details NOT sent along with fastag, welcome emailer NOT received (so no way to top-up your fastag balance), helpline is always busy, nobody responds to email queries....

Please do NOT go for HDFC Fastag
Old 1st April 2018, 10:17   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
At least 15 vehicles in the Fastag lane and their scanner was finding it hard to scan the trucks successfully. This was at Pallikonda toll towards Chennai.
Apart from the dedicated FASTag lane, the other lanes accept FASTag as well. The operators have handheld scanners and will let you through.

Usually the first 4-5 lanes from the median accept FASTag and I have used this multiple times.
Old 1st April 2018, 16:22   #2471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Apart from the dedicated FASTag lane, the other lanes accept FASTag as well. The operators have handheld scanners and will let you through.

Usually the first 4-5 lanes from the median accept FASTag and I have used this multiple times.
No, it was only this lane with Fastag. And they had one hand-held scanner which had some issues as well.

This toll has only 5 lanes, so I am not sure if you are referring to a different toll.
Old 1st April 2018, 16:26   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
No, it was only this lane with Fastag. And they had one hand-held scanner which had some issues as well.

This toll has only 5 lanes, so I am not sure if you are referring to a different toll.
I have checked this with all the tolls in the Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore stretch in January. It definitely worked then.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 19:19   #2473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I have checked this with all the tolls in the Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore stretch in January. It definitely worked then.
Ok. Maybe it didn't work when I passed because the security guys allowed few cars to skip the queue as the issue was with the trucks but still they asked us to pass via the same dedicated lane only.
Old 1st April 2018, 19:57   #2474
BHPian

One query on Paytm Fastag. If we do not complete the KYC requirement, still can we use this? I hope KYC requirement is to facilitate higher transaction limits.
Old 1st April 2018, 22:50   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
One query on Paytm Fastag. If we do not complete the KYC requirement, still can we use this? I hope KYC requirement is to facilitate higher transaction limits.
Yes. You can keep using it.

Which bank are you talking about ?

ICICI takes KYC before hand. Limit is Rs.20k for non-KYC folks, for KYC compliant it is RS.1,00,000. Not sure if it's applicable for non commercial vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks