Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 17:07   #2521
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I sold my vehicle since I relocated. Should anything be done with the tag? I remember seeing a discussion regarding this, but can't locate this now.
Call up your Tag issuer and request for deactivation/closure of the Tag account.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:51   #2522
Distinguished - BHPian

A good practice will be to remove the tag before giving the vehicle to the buyer.
The tag will be damaged and not reusable (at least the ICICI bank FASTAG). This ensures that at least till the tag is deactivated, it can't be used by someone else.
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:37   #2523
BHPian

I have been using IDFC Fastag since the last year and a half and have been really happy with their service. The tag was procured and activated from the Hosakote (Lanco) toll plaza in Bangalore. I am planning to sell the vehicle now and hence deactivate the tag. Called up the customer service number and they asked me to follow these steps:
  1. Take the tag off the vehicle and take a picture
  2. Drop an email to 'etollservices@idfcbank.com' with scanned copies of the following documents - Fastag pic (as described in #1); RC; Aadhaar/PAN copy; cancelled cheque (for refund)
  3. Documents would be validated and refund would be credited to the bank a/c

Now, I don't want to take the tag off since it might peel off the sun-film. Is it okay if I let the new user use the same tag and I can ask him to pay me the balance amount? (FYI - the new owner is a colleague)
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:09   #2524
BHPian

Please avoid this as it will be a KYC violation.
Old 24th April 2018, 18:29   #2525
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS a while back, wonder why they have upgrades so frequently.

However, from what I understand, toll payments will not be blocked. It's only the recharge which will have issues .

Quote:
Dear Customer, ICICI Bank FASTag system will undergo up-gradation on April 25, 2018 starting from 21:00 hours till 7:00 AM next day. During this time, portal access shall be disabled & recharge functionality will remain inoperative. Please recharge & maintain sufficient balance in TAG accounts to avoid low balance blacklist issues. Transactions during downtime will be processed in bulk on resumption of service. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused
Old 25th April 2018, 11:02   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Applied for my FASTag through ICICI. Account is now active and able to login to my FASTag account.

Should receive it in 8 business days as per site.
Received it day before and impressed by the frequent updates and fast shipping. Registered online and have a balance of Rs. 200

Yet to stick it on the windshield below the IRVM. Testing to be done by next week. Will post feedback.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:27   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Please avoid this as it will be a KYC violation.
Makes sense. I've taken the tag off and following the regular process have dropped an email with the details. Let's see when I receive the refund.
Old 26th April 2018, 14:26   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Makes sense. I've taken the tag off and following the regular process have dropped an email with the details. Let's see when I receive the refund.
Thanks buddy, do let me know in case you need any support at IDFC. Thanks again for following the process.
Old 26th April 2018, 16:52   #2529
Senior - BHPian

I was in Mumbai 2 days ago to collect a friends F-Pace. When we reached Kolhapur, I realised that there was no Fastag on the car. I thought it was mandatory for new cars to be delivered with a Fastag. Should the matter be taken up with the dealer or should he just order a Fastag and fix it?
Old 26th April 2018, 16:58   #2530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Should the matter be taken up with the dealer or should he just order a Fastag and fix it?
Take it up with the dealer if you have paid for it (it's now mandatory and dealers add this charge). If not, it's better to take it yourself. Much easier than what they provide as most dealers don't pass the account/fastag details to the customer (that's what happens here).
Old 26th April 2018, 17:26   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Take it up with the dealer if you have paid for it (it's now mandatory and dealers add this charge). If not, it's better to take it yourself. Much easier than what they provide as most dealers don't pass the account/fastag details to the customer (that's what happens here).
I don't know if the cost was included or not. Anyways we are not so concerned about that. My main concern was that since it is mandatory for the dealer to fix it now, will there be any issues if we do it ourselves. For cars purchased before it became mandatory, it's no issue to fix yourself.
Old 26th April 2018, 17:53   #2532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I don't know if the cost was included or not. Anyways we are not so concerned about that. My main concern was that since it is mandatory for the dealer to fix it now, will there be any issues if we do it ourselves. For cars purchased before it became mandatory, it's no issue to fix yourself.
There wont be any issue if you do it yourself. You can call up the dealer and see if they have processed the tag. If so, get the tag and account details.
Old 26th April 2018, 18:18   #2533
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel it is best if dealer doesn't charge you and don't fix Fastag on your new car. This gives you flexibility in selecting your bank and also easiness in dealing with login procedures.

That said, yes it is mandatory for dealer to fix tags.
Old 26th April 2018, 21:27   #2534
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
That said, yes it is mandatory for dealer to fix tags.
Yes, but most dealers do not bother to help the customer complete the process.
A friend bought a car and the dealership pasted an icici fastag on the windshield and told him he can register online. Now, after 2 months he is still following up with the dealership to get the customer Id! The registration screen on the portal asks for customer Id and associated mobile number (he is not getting any response from them).
Old 27th April 2018, 11:03   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Yes, but most dealers do not bother to help the customer complete the process.
A friend bought a car and the dealership pasted an icici fastag on the windshield and told him he can register online. Now, after 2 months he is still following up with the dealership to get the customer Id! The registration screen on the portal asks for customer Id and associated mobile number (he is not getting any response from them).

I bought my new Toyota Fortuner in January 2018, was delivered with the fastag. However, the user name & details sms was received only at the end of March 2018, so yes, as with most of the government implemented schemes, its is SLOW.

Most Viewed