Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 13:41   #2356
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Instead of ordering online, is there any place in Bangalore where I can procure a Fastag off-the-shelf ( buy the sticker, paste on my car and start using it immediately)?
Old 26th February 2018, 14:06   #2357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Instead of ordering online, is there any place in Bangalore where I can procure a Fastag off-the-shelf ( buy the sticker, paste on my car and start using it immediately)?
If the urgency is such that you have 48 hours at your end before using it, order from Equitas bank and they indeed deliver in under 48 hours; at least that is what I have experienced myself when I ordered for a friend and few more friends and colleagues who did it later.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 14:08   #2358
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If the urgency is such that you have 48 hours at your end before using it, order from Equitas bank and they indeed deliver in under 48 hours; at least that is what I have experienced myself when I ordered for a friend and few more friends and colleagues who did it later.
+1 to that. I ordered last Wednesday from equitas and tag was delivered in Coimbatore the very next day. The experience with equitas has been hassle free.
h14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:28   #2359
BANNED

My experience with ICICI fastag has been pathetic to say the least. Applied online on 20.12.2017 and the transaction failed but the credit card was charged. On inquiring with credit card customer care, they said the merchant has claimed the amount and not refunded it. Now, following it up with icici fastag cutomer care for more than 2 months now, no solution in sight as there is no system defined there.
They asked for transaction id with credit card, i provided. They asked for credit card bill showing transaction, i provided that too. Everytime i call, the moron at the other end first need to be explained what happened, then he/she escalates and then i call again and then the same story repeats. There is no escalation matrix. So, if there is a dispute, icici fastag team is very unlikely to provide assistance. I would suggest, stay away from them.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_smartselect_20180226151600.png  

Old 26th February 2018, 16:25   #2360
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
So, if there is a dispute, icici fastag team is very unlikely to provide assistance. I would suggest, stay away from them.
Sorry for your sour experience with them. From my experience with ICICI they are very responsive to toll deduction related disputes if any. I got the ICICI tags from the branch, so cannot comment on the online application. But they do assist professionally for disputes if any raised via the portal.

For my new car I switched over to equitas just because the new tag buying process was faster!
Old 26th February 2018, 17:39   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BETL office if you stay closer to electronic city. You can walk in with all documents and collect the tag from them probably in an hour. IDFC bank is the fasttag merchant there.
Old 26th February 2018, 18:21   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Sorry for your sour experience with them. From my experience with ICICI they are very responsive to toll deduction related disputes if any. I got the ICICI tags from the branch, so cannot comment on the online application. But they do assist professionally for disputes if any raised via the portal.

For my new car I switched over to equitas just because the new tag buying process was faster!
+1 to it. ICICI is quite professional and responsive in resolving customer queries. BTW, for your new car, didn't the dealer bought the FASTag as part of registration process. Its mandated by RTO to have a fastag before registering the car to get a license plate number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
My experience with ICICI fastag has been pathetic to say the least. Applied online on 20.12.2017 and the transaction failed but the credit card was charged. On inquiring with credit card customer care, they said the merchant has claimed the amount and not refunded it. Now, following it up with icici fastag cutomer care for more than 2 months now, no solution in sight as there is no system defined there.
They asked for transaction id with credit card, i provided. They asked for credit card bill showing transaction, i provided that too. Everytime i call, the moron at the other end first need to be explained what happened, then he/she escalates and then i call again and then the same story repeats. There is no escalation matrix. So, if there is a dispute, icici fastag team is very unlikely to provide assistance. I would suggest, stay away from them.
Surprising. But i can tell you , compared to other vendors (for e.g. HDFC where no one picks up phone when you dial customer care number), ICICI is steps ahead. I agree in some cases, it may not be working for few people.

-Ravi
Old 26th February 2018, 23:33   #2363

Thanks for the valuable information. I Applied for the fasttag through the icici website. It says it may take upto 20 days. I will keep my fingers crossed to get it earlier, and will update my experience.
Saw the equitas link now
Old 27th February 2018, 11:54   #2364
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
BTW, for your new car, didn't the dealer bought the FASTag as part of registration process. Its mandated by RTO to have a fastag before registering the car to get a license plate number.
I got the car before the rule came into effect
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 12:30   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradorer View Post
Thanks for the valuable information. I Applied for the fasttag through the icici website. It says it may take upto 20 days. I will keep my fingers crossed to get it earlier, and will update my experience.
Saw the equitas link now
As you are in Bangalore, I suggest you call Mr. Nagesh (078922 06612). He is responsive person and can help you out to get the tag faster in reasonable time. Roughly 10 days.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:39   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
BETL office if you stay closer to electronic city. You can walk in with all documents and collect the tag from them probably in an hour. IDFC bank is the fasttag merchant there.
You can also stop by the Devanahalli airport toll plaza and pick up the fastag. It takes all of 15 minutes to have it registered and installed.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:43   #2367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
You can also stop by the Devanahalli airport toll plaza and pick up the fastag. It takes all of 15 minutes to have it registered and installed.
Is this still made available?

Last we have been hearing since quite a few months is that the person (Srinath) is no longer stocking Tags and that its not the place to get the tag and I did speak to him too few months before though.

If this is latest and if you have the contact name and details, please let us know.
Old 27th February 2018, 23:11   #2368
M35
BHPian

Dropped by the nearby toll plaza at Attapallam, near Palakkad, which runs a Fastag POS. Submitted copies of the following documents
  • Aadhar card
  • PAN card
  • DL
  • RC and
  • a Photo
The gentleman at desk filled in my details and completed a form online. Paid Rs.600 and collected the receipt which stated the customer ID. The tag was stuck on the windscreen and drove away. The total time spent at the POS = 15 minutes. The account was created and was active instantly with Rs.200 (from the fee paid) already in it.
On reaching home, logged in to my account with the given customer ID and DOB. Set up a new ID, and password. Topped it up with some amount online.
Hope it helps !
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 23:37   #2369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Dropped by the nearby toll plaza at Attapallam, near Palakkad, which runs a Fastag POS. Submitted copies of the following documents
  • Aadhar card
  • PAN card
  • DL
  • RC and
  • a Photo
The gentleman at desk filled in my details and completed a form online. Paid Rs.600 and collected the receipt which stated the customer ID. The tag was stuck on the windscreen and drove away. The total time spent at the POS = 15 minutes. The account was created and was active instantly with Rs.200 (from the fee paid) already in it.
On reaching home, logged in to my account with the given customer ID and DOB. Set up a new ID, and password. Topped it up with some amount online.
Hope it helps !
Which bank's tag did you receive?
Old 28th February 2018, 11:04   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Is this still made available?

Last we have been hearing since quite a few months is that the person (Srinath) is no longer stocking Tags and that its not the place to get the tag and I did speak to him too few months before though.

If this is latest and if you have the contact name and details, please let us know.
Sorry Parag, I am not sure of the current status. Last I saw the office operational was 8-9 months ago when I went there with a friend.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed