Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 13:33   #2071
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have FASTag from Equitas. Procuring was simple. Now, this conversion to full KYC is proving tricky. None of the branches in Trichy, Tamilnadu are aware of the procedure.

I received a sms saying I need to submit photocopy documents for ID and address. I went to their retail branch. They guided me to Vehicle Finance branch, which according to them handles FASTag in our town. Visited that branch yesterday with my Aadhar. They scanned and uploaded the document in my profile page where ever it was required. Then I received a message from bank saying my FASTag conversion is in process. But suddenly today, I received another message saying that my application has been rejected. I called up the branch, and they are not aware of any reason why it is rejected. I called their toll free number 1800 419 1996, and no one picks up. Interesting situation. Let me see how this goes.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-equitas-sms-20171228-1.27.57-pm.jpeg
Old 28th December 2017, 13:36   #2072
Senior - BHPian

I am getting repeated reminders to add Aadhaar number into the Equitas account? Are other service providers also asking for the same?
Old 28th December 2017, 13:39   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I am getting repeated reminders to add Aadhaar number into the Equitas account? Are other service providers also asking for the same?
Nothing from ICICI side. My FasTag is from them.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 14:36   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan View Post
If your limit is within 1Lac, then there is no further need to submit the documents again. Also please try to login to their portal. Most probably you would be informed that your password has expired. This is the latest development. Apparently one has to click on forgot password and follow the steps to create a new password.

Aadhaar link comes automatically after one logs into their portal.

As so many organizations are asking for Aadhaar these days (banks to opinion portals), I wonder if we would be having "Aadhaar Dwitiye" in '19 with more uniqueness
Old 29th December 2017, 12:13   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Shipped to your address - no need to visit branch.
Thank you. Got the Tag delivered to home in 4 working days! Processing was pretty fast! Though the ICICI website says 20 days they did it in 4 working days. Quite impressed, so far!
Old 29th December 2017, 14:22   #2076
BHPian

Hello,

Can someone help me with the Two way toll amount at Devanahalli?

I paid Rs 125/- as cash for a return journey. During the return journey, my fastag was debited by Rs 85/-
Old 29th December 2017, 14:54   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello,

I paid Rs 125/- as cash for a return journey. During the return journey, my fastag was debited by Rs 85/-
The devanahalli toll (airport) fastag has been cranky for a long time now. From no deductions on a number of occasions to partial deductions now. Has been reported on this thread in the earlier pages. The cost IIRC is 130.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:01   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejavuTrip View Post
The devanahalli toll (airport) fastag has been cranky for a long time now. From no deductions on a number of occasions to partial deductions now. Has been reported on this thread in the earlier pages. The cost IIRC is 130.
It is 85 one-way, 125 return.

My best guess is that the Devanahalli toll booth's configuration is not a supported one for the backend software of Fastag; eg: it has different rates for the same class of vehicle depending on the lane you use (when coming from KIAL the single rate for cars is Rs. 125; when coming from Hyderabad it is Rs. 85). So to avoid trouble it charges the lower of these for cars on all lanes.

It has other complications; like what toll to charge people coming from Hyderabad entering KIAL and exiting towards Bangalore (and vice versa).
Old 29th December 2017, 19:14   #2079
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday and today KIAL exit toll has been promptly charging the correct rate of Rs. 125 from my ICICIB tag. Looks like the free or subsidized run for me at least is over :-)

Have another trip tomorrow; will report back by late night.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:29   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
[b]
Hi all, let me put an end to all confusions for Paytm Fastag hereby defining the processes once again
Hello All,

Just wanted to update everyone after my detailed update on Paytm Fastag procurement. Now I sold my car and initiated process for closing the Tag and refund of deposit. To say the least, the Paytm customer service is pathetic. I had raised the ticket on Dec 14th and till now, nothing has happened. I have been calling them every 7 days, including today but don't feel it will get done anytime soon. They are not even showing the confidence.

However the positive part of Paytm is that there was an option to Disable Tag from Paytm App. That helped to atleast save my wallet But now without previous one being closed, I cant take the new one. I am stuck.

So FYI, Paytm Fastag closure process and customer support is a big fail.

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 08:19. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 29th December 2017, 19:53   #2081
tud
BHPian

Quote:

However the positive part of Paytm is that there was an option to Disable Tag from Paytm App. That helped to atleast save my wallet But now without previous one being closed, I cant take the new one. I am stuck.

So FYI, Paytm Fastag closure process and customer support is a big fail.
Irrespective of you closing a tag or not, you should be able to buy a new tag as long as you provide a different registration number and RC copy. Consider this scenario of having two or more cars at home - it makes sense to have all of them linked to the same wallet if its going to be the same person using it all the time.

Nice to hear about this disable tag feature - very useful when the family is using it especially if they are comfortable with cash.
Old 29th December 2017, 19:58   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Irrespective of you closing a tag or not, you should be able to buy a new tag as long as you provide a different registration number and RC copy. Consider this scenario of having two or more cars at home - it makes sense to have all of them linked to the same wallet if its going to be the same person using it all the time.

Nice to hear about this disable tag feature - very useful when the family is using it especially if they are comfortable with cash.
Thanks for the info about multiple cars linked to same paytm account. Do you know someone who has done it?

However if what you said is true, again it is utter failure at Paytm side. They are supposed to give me that option isn't it?
Old 29th December 2017, 20:03   #2083
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info about multiple cars linked to same paytm account. Do you know someone who has done it?

However if what you said is true, again it is utter failure at Paytm side. They are supposed to give me that option isn't it?
I remember reading this thread about a BHPian having multiple tags under a single log in account. It was not paytm though - but through a bank. Paytm should be no different. Did you try ordering another fastag though their mall website? It will give you a clear picture.

I'm actually keen on procuring a paytm fastag rather than a bank issued one - because it is one password less to remember. But if paytm is going to ask my Aadhaar or pan details in the name of KYC, I'll stay away. I'm not going to trust Alibaba with my personal info.
Old 29th December 2017, 20:29   #2084
BHPian

I have 6 fastag's in same account, this is with ICICI.
Old 30th December 2017, 08:13   #2085
Distinguished - BHPian

Received cashback for month of November against my ICICI tag today.

Most Viewed