Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 17:58   #1951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I received my Fastag yesterday from Paytm. The entire process was smooth although it took time. Someone looking for a quick delivery, look elsewhere. I have a drive to Bangalore later this month and shall update my experience here.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_1.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171210_084956.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 18:37   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I purchased on Paytm yesterday on Dec 5th morning ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Maybe you got lucky since it's midweek. I purchased on a Friday so they might have got lazy due to the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You have to wait now, they will update again by sms/email and on paytm order page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Fastag ... from Paytm. The entire process was smooth although it took time. Someone looking for a quick delivery, look elsewhere. ...
I got the PayTM FastTag delivered today morning in 5 days flat! (Dec5th-10th)
Lightning fast delivery from PayTM (Noida to B'lore) I must say

Didn't stick it directly to the windshield, stuck the FastTag to a clear plastic film and then used cello tape around the tag to stick to the windshield (at the right side of the IRVM windshield mount point)

Keeping fingers crossed on whether this setup will work effectively. I'll test the same at the earliest opportunity and revert.
Overall PayTM FastTag ordering and delivery process has been awesome, hope the usage process will be just as smooth.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th December 2017 at 18:41.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 21:23   #1953
BHPian

Guys, govt has mandated the fast tag with new cars starting from 1st December. I am about to recieve my new Honda Jazz V CVT next week. The dealer has charged me Rs800 for the same. Now the question is how does it all work ? Is it seperate from other FASTag company offerings ? Has anyone bought a new car this month to know more about this feature?
Old 11th December 2017, 08:14   #1954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
The dealer has charged me Rs800 for the same.
The tag costs 500-600 including shipping and 100 INR balance. If the dealership has charged you 800 for this, it is again a wonderful way of making some quick bucks in the name of "FASTag".

Quote:
Now the question is how does it all work ? Is it seperate from other FASTag company offerings ? Has anyone bought a new car this month to know more about this feature?
It is not. It is the same FASTag that we all have procured earlier that the dealer is now giving you at the time of delivery due to the recent mandate.

You need to check with the dealer for the following:
  • Which Bank does the tag belong to?
  • What are the credentials - Customer ID, Log in, Password etc
  • What is the balance in the car (I am sure it wont be more than 100)
  • Is your number given as the contact for receiving SMS alerts for every transaction with this tag?

Once you have all this information, you will continue to use the tag as we all here do. Periodic need based wallet recharge and use it on the highways.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 12:17   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, I have an ICICI bank issued FASTag in my car and is working as expected. I am planning to sell my car in the coming days and would like to know if there is any option to transfer the balance from tag account to FASTag CUG account. If I apply for tag deactivation, will the money be transformed to CUG account?
Yes, do it online to another account. Ideally, get it cancelled and get back the deposit, then make a fresh order on Paytm.
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 21:29   #1956
BHPian

I had got my Paytm fastag last month and was finally able to use it yesterday on a day trip to Vellore and back. I had around 2900rs in my Paytm wallet.

Towards (starting from BETL toll at 0623hrs) and almost all the way back it worked fine. Only, on the return journey ,at the BETL toll (2045hrs) I had an issue. I was waved forward to the reader where, an instant later he showed me on the display there that my fastag account is suspended. He told it was because I do not have balance in my account. I was not buying that and started arguing that I have balance and all. Since the traffic behind me started honking,I paid the single fare by cash and moved on angry and confused.

When I got home, I saw that at 1930 hours I had a SMS from Paytm asking me to maintain the minimum balance. I also reviewed my dash cam footage and saw that when it was my car's turn the screen had indeed changed to 'suspended'. I had asked him to use the handheld scanner,but he did it from the side of windscreen as a cursory measure and no results. Looking at the footage, I now realise it was a light based scanner,and there was no way he could have scanned it from the side. Also the toll reciept does not have my car's number on it. Aargh!

My Hindi is not good, and the surprise made it worse.see from 36secs.

I wrote to Paytm about this and they replied today saying that my account is active and as per NHAI records all toll has been deducted properly. I have sent them a reply asking why I got a message like that from paytm about paucity of funds and also about the time at which (as they claim) the BETL toll deduction happened. BTW the return BETL toll is not reflecting in my account.

It's not about the extra 20rs that I had to pay,but just the helplessness that I faced. What if this happens again and again and that too in more crowded situations?

Also is the handheld scanner a light based bar code reader or an actual RFID reader?

About the deduction, I will wait for Paytm reply and update here.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:38   #1957
BHPian

I ordered on PayTm and got my Fastag delivered in 10days flat.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.png

It was a smooth process as such.

However, they have also sent me some application form along with the fastag. It requires me to add details such as 'Wallet No.', 'Vehicle Reg No.', 'Vehicle Type' and other KYC details such as 'PAN' & 'Aadhar'. Don't know what to do with the form. I have already uploaded my copy of my RC and also provided my Aadhar details as part of KYC process on PayTm App.

Can someone please advice?
Old 11th December 2017, 22:17   #1958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post

However, they have also sent me some application form along with the fastag. It requires me to add details such as 'Wallet No.', 'Vehicle Reg No.', 'Vehicle Type' and other KYC details such as 'PAN' & 'Aadhar'. Don't know what to do with the form. I have already uploaded my copy of my RC and also provided my Aadhar details as part of KYC process on PayTm App.

Can someone please advice?
I got this form too. But I did not know what to do with it. Hence I kept it somewhere and now I dont have its whereabouts. But my tag is working fine. Hence, as long as your tag is listed as Active and works, I dont think the form is to be filled or returned. Just keep it with you in case some random day they look back at the accounts and realise that they have issued tags without even a registration form, they might get behind all of us to fill it. At the moment its of no use.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 22:35   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I got this form too. But I did not know what to do with it. Hence I kept it somewhere and now I dont have its whereabouts. But my tag is working fine. Hence, as long as your tag is listed as Active and works, I dont think the form is to be filled or returned. Just keep it with you in case some random day they look back at the accounts and realise that they have issued tags without even a registration form, they might get behind all of us to fill it. At the moment its of no use.
If that's the case, lemme quickly file it up. May be someday, someone will wake up asking for all these documents. Wonderful systems we have
Old 12th December 2017, 09:27   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I had got my Paytm fastag last month and was finally able to use it yesterday on a day trip to Vellore and back. I had around 2900rs in my Paytm wallet.

Towards (starting from BETL toll at 0623hrs) and almost all the way back it worked fine. Only, on the return journey ,at the BETL toll (2045hrs) I had an issue. I was waved forward to the reader where, an instant later he showed me on the display there that my fastag account is suspended. He told it was because I do not have balance in my account. I was not buying that and started arguing that I have balance and all. Since the traffic behind me started honking,I paid the single fare by cash and moved on angry and confused.

When I got home, I saw that at 1930 hours I had a SMS from Paytm asking me to maintain the minimum balance. I also reviewed my dash cam footage and saw that when it was my car's turn the screen had indeed changed to 'suspended'. I had asked him to use the handheld scanner,but he did it from the side of windscreen as a cursory measure and no results. Looking at the footage, I now realise it was a light based scanner,and there was no way he could have scanned it from the side. Also the toll reciept does not have my car's number on it. Aargh!
https://Youtu.be/KyVlnPH3NzE
My Hindi is not good, and the surprise made it worse.see from 36secs.

I wrote to Paytm about this and they replied today saying that my account is active and as per NHAI records all toll has been deducted properly. I have sent them a reply asking why I got a message like that from paytm about paucity of funds and also about the time at which (as they claim) the BETL toll deduction happened. BTW the return BETL toll is not reflecting in my account.

It's not about the extra 20rs that I had to pay,but just the helplessness that I faced. What if this happens again and again and that too in more crowded situations?

Also is the handheld scanner a light based bar code reader or an actual RFID reader?

About the deduction, I will wait for Paytm reply and update here.
Are you using the tag from BETL (monthly or usage based) or have it somewhere inside the car? Sometimes the scanner reads that first and shows suspended message if that one is not active.
Old 12th December 2017, 09:35   #1961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Are you using the tag from BETL (monthly or usage based) or have it somewhere inside the car? Sometimes the scanner reads that first and shows suspended message if that one is not active.
I was thinking the ssme as this has happened with me where I had BETL and FASTag RFID while the former had no balance, it still didn't automatically open the barrier.

The staff present there said I had 2 devices that's causing this. After removing BETL tag, all worked fine and now I use just FASTag.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 09:50   #1962
BHPian

Guys, I had applied for the fast tag online from icici bank on November 29th. The same day I got a sms saying that I have been allotted an account number. But it is almost 12th of December now and I have not received the fast tag. Does it take this long?
Old 12th December 2017, 12:32   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I was thinking the ssme as this has happened with me where I had BETL and FASTag RFID while the former had no balance, it still didn't automatically open the barrier.

The staff present there said I had 2 devices that's causing this. After removing BETL tag, all worked fine and now I use just FASTag.
I also had the same issue and now moved to completely FasTag.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 12:43   #1964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I also had the same issue and now moved to completely FasTag.
More than just the issue at BETL, the Hirisave and Shantigrama toll booths on Hassan route was always an issue when I have had both these Tags. It always failed to recognize or scan and they many times asked me what is the other RFID and had even asked me to remove that while I thought it was their bad infra/scanners that were failing.

So ever since I removed BETL tag, I have faced no issues at BETL Toll booths or these 2 booths on Hassan road managed by L&T.
Old 12th December 2017, 13:04   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
More than just the issue at BETL, the Hirisave and Shantigrama toll booths on Hassan route was always an issue when I have had both these Tags. It always failed to recognize or scan and they many times asked me what is the other RFID and had even asked me to remove that while I thought it was their bad infra/scanners that were failing.

So ever since I removed BETL tag, I have faced no issues at BETL Toll booths or these 2 booths on Hassan road managed by L&T.
I have faced issue with the BETPL tag at the Attibele Toll Plaza, which is again managed by BETPL. I did not have such an issue with any other toll booths but I never went the Hassan route.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed