Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 15:04   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Anyone tried to reassign a tag from one car to another (say after an exchange)? What is the process?
Just get a new tag. I had to do it when I had to replace the front windshield. They deactivated the old tag and sent me a new tag within 2 days.

The chip breaks when you remove the tag from one car.

This is how it looks in my Equitas Fastag account after the above process:
Attached Images

Old 21st November 2017, 15:25   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Apply cello tape on the chip side and stick it to windshield via cellotape on the non chip side, so that it can be removed when needed,

Last edited by mjumrani : 21st November 2017 at 15:25. Reason: Typo.
Old 21st November 2017, 15:34   #1878

Hi People,

Just wanted to highlight the sheer confusion in the Fast tag procurement process.

1st Nov 2017
-->Applied for HDFC fast tag through their online portal.
-->Immediately got a mail stating that I have to sign the completed form and mail it to an address, Opened this form and surpised to see that none of my details entered online are present.
Details like Account number, Pan Card number, DOB, Address, Customer ID of a different customer were present in this form.
-->No amount deducted from account nor was asked to pay anything.
-->Decided not to go forward with these kind of security issues from HDFC, this is the state during procurement imagine the state later on.

-->Applied for ICICI Bank Fast Tag immediately through their online portal, paid INR 400/-.

2nd Nov 2017
-->ICICI bank fast tag activated with account number allocated and tag id assigned to the vehicle.
-->INR 100 automatically added to the fast tag account as initial amount.

7th Nov 2017
-->FastTag received through courier and Fast Tag installed on the windshied.

16th Nov 2017
--> I get a mail from HDFC team stating that the Fast tag has been activated and login procedure document has been attached in the mail.
--> I get a call from the HDFC fast tag team stating that they will mail the FastTag to the specified address. They also state that they have got the amount INR300/- that I paid, Not sure from where have they deducted this amount or for that matter from whose account.
--> I repeteadly tell them that they need not send this fast tag as I have already have a Fast tag from a different vendor.
--> They say someone from the Fast tag management team will speak to me, no calls further.

Can any one advice on the below questions

(1)Can a single vehicle have 2 fast tags allocated to it?
(2)Is it not a security breach when they have sent all confidential details of a different customer to me in the initial document?
(3)Why are they stating that I have paid the amount when I havent paid a dime?
(4)What to do in these kind of cases, they themselves are confused.
Please advise.

Looking at all of this seems like ICICI bank has better system in place to handle the fast tag procurement process. HDFC is nothing but confusion.
Old 21st November 2017, 15:35   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you knew about this. Almost impossible to remove the tag from the windscreen without damaging the tag itself. go through the images in the post below and fix the tag so that it can be easily peeled off in case of replacement of windscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So, I peeled off the sticker covering the adhesive side and pasted transparent tape, completely covering that side and cut the tape exactly on the borders as per the shape of the Tag.

On the other side of the Tag, I pasted another strip of tape leaving 1 cm on either sides and then pasted this right inside the windscreen - Between IRVM and Driver Side A Pillar on top.
Old 21st November 2017, 16:22   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just get a new tag. I had to do it when I had to replace the front windshield. They deactivated the old tag and sent me a new tag within 2 days.
In your case it was a replacement tag for the same vehicle, right? I am selling my car and buying another. Anyway, planning to use this opportunity to switch to HDFC Bank from ICICI.
Old 21st November 2017, 16:36   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I thought you knew about this. Almost impossible to remove the tag from the windscreen without damaging the tag itself.
Thanks. The windshield replacement was an unexpected expense and didn't foresee it and directly stuck to the previous windshield.

That said, the entire order to delivery process was so quick (1-2 days), I didn't put a second thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In your case it was a replacement tag for the same vehicle, right? I am selling my car and buying another. Anyway, planning to use this opportunity to switch to HDFC Bank from ICICI.
Yes, my case was for the same vehicle.
Old 21st November 2017, 21:06   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Update:
Received an SMS from paytm saying that my fastag is activated.

I assumed that paytm fixed the wrong fast tag issue and mapped it to my paytm account.

Upon checking the paytm app and looking under my fast tag details I see two tags with completely different barcodes than the one I have.
Called up support to clarify my barcode and now they say that the barcode information is not visible to support team. (previous support guy said my barcode matches my vehicle number )

As usual they promised me a resolution in 24 to 48 hours.

I think the solution to this issue is to sell my car and move on instead of waiting for paytm to fix the issue.

3.5 months for a fastag is a joke. So much for digital India.
Old 21st November 2017, 23:31   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srihari154 View Post

-->Applied for ICICI Bank Fast Tag immediately through their online portal, paid INR 400/-.
Can you share exact link to this portal , I wasn't aware that ICICI has an online system.
Old 22nd November 2017, 00:26   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Can you share exact link to this portal , I wasn't aware that ICICI has an online system.
https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...tag/index.page
Scroll down and you should be able to see Apply now.

I ordered the tag last week , pretty good experience. it was activated as soon as i made the payment and a cust ID was given ,received the card after 2 days, yet to stick it to the windshield.
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:08   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Update:
Upon checking the paytm app and looking under my fast tag details I see two tags with completely different barcodes than the one I have.
Called up support to clarify my barcode and now they say that the barcode information is not visible to support team. (previous support guy said my barcode matches my vehicle number )
3.5 months for a fastag is a joke. So much for digital India.
This is just a suggestion for Bhpians facing repeated issues with Paytm Fastag. Trying reaching out to https://twitter.com/vijayshekhar directly with the issues and describe how his team has not been able to help over weeks/months. Might just work. Good luck.
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:40   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Apply cello tape on the chip side and stick it to windshield via cellotape on the non chip side, so that it can be removed when needed,
Yes I have done the same thing. This method will be useful when one need to change the front windshield. If we want to change the car itself, there is no other way than getting the new tag(Since FasTag is vehicle specific).
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:00   #1887
BHPian

I wonder why NHAI does not issue single pre-paid card/ticket for entire journeys.

For e.g. a single ticket for a journey from Bengaluru to Chennai. There are 6 toll booths in this route one-way. A scan code printed on the ticket or downloaded to phone, should just be scanned at the various toll booths, so that the contractors can calculate the revenue share. This will save enormous time at the each toll booth. And it will be great benefit for occasional travellers, as no hassle of buying Fastag. Also will boost Digital payments.

The ticket can be allowed to buy at the first toll booth or online.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 22nd November 2017 at 09:03. Reason: Clarity, spell corrections
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:08   #1888
BHPian

Quote:

This is how it looks in my Equitas Fastag account after the above process:
I had a horrid experience with Equitas for the same scenario, it took them two weeks to get it sorted, I have still not received the refund though, mine was also reflecting as closing request given, but they were not issuing new card, as the closing request was to be approved by some bank manager, who took an eternity, seems they have changed that requirement now.
Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:40   #1889
BHPian

Has any one been getting refunds in recent past. I have procured my tag on 15th July. Used in between 12th august and 14th august. Again on 19th October and 21st October. I have never got the 10% cash back that was promised some time back. Has this scheme been stopped ?
thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 16:44   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Has any one been getting refunds in recent past.

I have never got the 10% cash back that was promised some time back.
Yes. I have got the cashback for August 2017. I use ICICI FasTag.

"Dear Customer, Total Cashback of Rs. 87.37 has been credited on eligible Tag Accounts under your Cust Id No. xxxxxxxx on 15/11/2017 towards the toll usage for the period 01st - 31st Aug, 2017."

Cashback is 7.5% for 2017-18. 10% was for 2016-17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks