Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 10:42   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
However, L&T Coimbatore bypass is not FasTag enabled.
One of these days I am going to file an RTI to find out how long this toll at L&T bye-pass is to be collected. They have been levying tolls at least for 18-19 years now!!
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 11:07   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Other than calling Imdad or the BETL offices, is there any way to check if the server is up and running?

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I don't think so - I might visit BETL Office tomorrow and will update here. If that helps.
ICICI Fastag login page, used for recharge and viewing transaction details is down as of now. So guess you will have to wait for somemore time.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 11:20   #378
BHPian

Huge traffic pile up yesterday night at Krishnagiri & Thoppur Toll on NH44 (Bangalore - Salem). And they opened the dedicated Fastag lane to all vehicles. Folks at the toll told that they are helpless due to the ongoing currency crisis. Looks like it is taking lot more time for each vehicle to pass through due to the rupee notes availability.

Didnt argue anything after hearing his explanation.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 14:31   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Considering the recent push for the digital world, you could check if there will be a waiver of the joining fees of Rs 200/-.

Or maybe those who could afford to wait for some more time, the new entrants in the FASTag programme may provide better service and offers
Hope they bring in Fastag Portability, so that switching operators does not mean procuring a new tag every time you change the operator.
From what I understand, Paytm has their own RFID tag!
Easiest would have been to tag the built in RFID tags on vehicles to different operators, than asking the operators to supply their own version of RFID tags.
Old 12th December 2016, 16:14   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Hope they bring in Fastag Portability, so that switching operators does not mean procuring a new tag every time you change the operator.
From what I understand, Paytm has their own RFID tag!
Easiest would have been to tag the built in RFID tags on vehicles to different operators, than asking the operators to supply their own version of RFID tags.
Ministry wants to have all new vehicles to be sold to have the tag installed before the sale itself. Hope they implement it early. If all goes well, there will be just 1 cash cum card lane while all others will be tag lanes. Excited to see this happening in India in my lifetime.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 22:44   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
The other option is to get a FasTag RFID and get peace of mind.
Is FasTag Smart Enough not to Double-Charge for a particular stretch at validation toll-plaza when toll has been already charged while entering that stretch?
Old 13th December 2016, 12:26   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag website is working today. So all those who are planning of visiting the branch can give it a try.

Also, I guess they have made some change in the weblink I guess. The bookmarked link was not working, however while navigating from main page login is working.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 12:36   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Is FasTag Smart Enough not to Double-Charge for a particular stretch at validation toll-plaza when toll has been already charged while entering that stretch?
Yes, it is smart. I can vouch for that. Rs. 65 is the day pass fare at BETL at Bangalore. A one time trip costs Rs. 45. So what happens is that when I make my first trip, Rs.45 gets deducted. When I make my return trip only Rs.20 gets deducted. In the subsequent trip nothing gets deducted (for that day, ending at 23:59 Hrs).
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 23:32   #384
BHPian

Has anybody in Bangalore tried applying for FASTTAG through the DEVANAHALLI or HOSKOTE toll plazas?I would like to know whether they are processing the application?
BETL office is too far for me i stay near KRPURAM .
Old 14th December 2016, 08:16   #385
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
In some toll plazas, FASTag is smart, but in others, it is not. I ended up paying for two single way toll instead of a concessional return toll, as the return journey took place within 24 hours at Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda toll plazas in TN in August 2016. Here was my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Yes, it is smart.
FASTag is smart in Electronic City and Attibele toll plazas, but not in Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda toll plazas in TN, atleast in August 2016. My complaint remains unresolved until now. See here.

Old 14th December 2016, 10:09   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
FASTag is smart in Electronic City and Attibele toll plazas, but not in Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda toll plazas in TN, atleast in August 2016. My complaint remains unresolved until now. See here.
It think this issue is specific to the tolls handled by L&T. Even thoppur toll doesn't have the "return journey/two-way" implemented yet.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:18   #387
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
One of these days I am going to file an RTI to find out how long this toll at L&T bye-pass is to be collected. They have been levying tolls at least for 18-19 years now!!
From what I remember, it opened in 2000 and the lease period is 21 years. But construction started in 1997/98 so not sure if that is inclusive or exclusive of 21 year period.
You can read up further about this on the internet.
Old 14th December 2016, 11:02   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It think this issue is specific to the tolls handled by L&T. Even thoppur toll doesn't have the "return journey/two-way" implemented yet.
Yes. I think it is based on the contract signed between NHAI and the road building contractor (here L&T). If the agreement does not mention about any discounts for frequent users, then the same cannot be rolled out on FasTag as well. But if there is such a provision, then FasTag system is configurable to enable that (eg: BETL Tolls @ Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
From what I remember, it opened in 2000 and the lease period is 21 years. But construction started in 1997/98 so not sure if that is inclusive or exclusive of 21 year period.
You can read up further about this on the internet.
Sure. But do share any links if you have on this topic. Perhaps when filing the RTI, I should also ask on the four laning plans for that stretch.
Old 14th December 2016, 11:53   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
In some toll plazas, FASTag is smart, but in others, it is not. I ended up paying for two single way toll instead of a concessional return toll, as the return journey took place within 24 hours at Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda toll plazas in TN in August 2016. Here was my experience.
J. Ravi sir, my experience so far is always, i have got return journey concessional fare in both vaniyambadi and Pallikonda tolls. Not sure if something got changed very recently.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:20   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
J. Ravi sir, my experience so far is always, i have got return journey concessional fare in both vaniyambadi and Pallikonda tolls.
Thats good news!
I remember few posts earlier along with Ravi sir's about double charging at L&T toll booths due to some agreement issue with NHAI.

Also, there were issues with non acceptance of Fastag on Bangalore - Hyderabad section of NH7. I had raised a complaint about the same couple of months back. You can find the details here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks