BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
These guys accept payments only in cheque

Breakup of 500rs is as below
Actual FASTAG Card = Rs 200
Refundable deposit = Rs 200
Minimum topup = Rs 100.
I have noticed from earlier posts on this thread that most members are paying 500/- while buying / activating their FasTag which loads only 100/- balance for tolls.

Why not pay 900/- (and get 500/- balance) or 1,400 (and get 1,000/- balance) or even 5,400/- (and get 5,000/- balance)?

After all, how far can you travel on tolled roads with just 100/- balance?

Plus, the initial loading is charge free whereas all reloads later will add gateway charges.

I know gajadonga loaded 5,000/- balance in June and am sure he would have exhausted it ny now. He "lives to drive".
Old 8th December 2016, 19:51   #362
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

The ICICI FASTag site seems to be working now. I was unable to log in to my account in the morning. It is working now.
Old 8th December 2016, 19:57   #363
BHPian

As per today's announcement by the Finance Minister, 10% discount on Fastag is available till the end of 2017.
Link
cooljai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 20:39   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
As per today's announcement by the Finance Minister, 10% discount on Fastag is available till the end of 2017.
Link
From the site:
Quote:
11. For the payment of toll at Toll Plazas on National Highways using RFID card/Fast Tags, a discount of 10% will be available to users in the year 2016-17.
If this is FY 2016-17, then it is status-quo.
Old 10th December 2016, 13:03   #365
BHPian

Fastag office at Ecity is closed from 10th to 12th Dec as it's a bank holiday (or so the notice reads).

I did call Imdad's manger before going and he confirmed the fastag would be available. So much for that.

Server slowness is still an issue.

They don't have any application forms either for us to take away and fill.
rakirank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 16:16   #366
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Back from a trip to Palakkad. FasTag worked at all tolls in both onward and return journeys. At some tolls the guy manning the lane was missing, probably taking a break. At the Thoppur toll in the return journey, the dedicated FasTag lane was full of buses and long trucks and the security guy asked me to take the leftmost lane saying FasTag will work there. I was apprehensive but on reaching the booth, the attendant asked me to move the car slightly forward and the green light lit up
Only exception in the whole trip was L&T Coimbatore bypass where FasTag does not work and we had to pay cash. Made sure we had exact change so that the transaction is quick. Just hated the drive on this road, to make matters worse there are way too many junctions with mindless cross traffic and also just one toll booth is kept open for validation of the toll receipt and if one is not alert (especially first timers) these guys will not hesitate to fleece by charging for the toll again

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2016 at 16:21.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 09:52   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
.. one toll booth is kept open for validation of the toll receipt and if one is not alert (especially first timers) these guys will not hesitate to fleece by charging for the toll again
Sorry for going Off-Topic, if I am.
How to identify the Toll-Plaza which are just for Validation of Toll Receipt of Previous Toll-Plaza and no need to pay Extra Toll at the same?
Old 11th December 2016, 11:16   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Sorry for going Off-Topic, if I am.
How to identify the Toll-Plaza which are just for Validation of Toll Receipt of Previous Toll-Plaza and no need to pay Extra Toll at the same?
Almost all the expressways & few sections of NHs:
  • Mumbai Pune Expressway
  • Mahatma Gandhi Expressway
  • Yamuma Expressway
  • GVK Expressway
  • Durgapur Expressway
  • Tumkur Nelemangala Toll Road
  • Hubli Dharwad Bypass
  • Dharwad Ramnagar Toll Road (State Highway)
  • NICE Road, Bangalore
  • Sardar Patel Ring Road, Ahmedabad
  • L&T Bypass, Coimbatore

These are few of the toll booths where you pay at one and merely show the receipt at the exit. However, there are few booths I have come across where they clearly mention on the toll receipt that you need to preserve the ticket to show it at the next booth and they also mention this on a sign board at the booth (Sardar Patel Ring Road).

Then there are few where the attendant asks you if you would like to purchase ticket for the next booth as well : One could purchase ticket for Anewadi toll at Khedshivpur toll. Similarly, one could also purchase toll at Kini and even pay for Taswade towards Pune. All you do is show the receipt at next booth and keep driving.

What I normally do - I use a binder clip and always keep my toll receipts in chronological order so if I am asked to show the receipt at a booth, Its easy for me to pull the top one out and show rather than looking for the right one.

I ended up doing this due to very long solo trips or trips where I expect the co-passengers to sleep and I don't want to be at their mercy to help me with the toll receipts.

Of course, when in doubts, just take out the last receipt and show it to the toll booth attender. He would tell you if you need to pay again or not, else he will treat you as any other regular and let you pass after seeing the receipt .

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th December 2016 at 11:20.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 11:53   #369
BHPian

Other than calling Imdad or the BETL offices, is there any way to check if the server is up and running?

Cheers
Old 11th December 2016, 21:23   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
  • Mumbai Pune Expressway
  • Mahatma Gandhi Expressway
  • Yamuma Expressway
  • GVK Expressway
  • Durgapur Expressway
  • Tumkur Nelemangala Toll Road
  • Hubli Dharwad Bypass
  • Dharwad Ramnagar Toll Road (State Highway)
  • NICE Road, Bangalore
  • Sardar Patel Ring Road, Ahmedabad
  • L&T Bypass, Coimbatore
I am aware of Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Yamuna Expressway only.
But I liked your below idea very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
Of course, when in doubts, just take out the last receipt and show it to the toll booth attender. He would tell you if you need to pay again or not, else he will treat you as any other regular and let you pass after seeing the receipt .
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 21:38   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Other than calling Imdad or the BETL offices, is there any way to check if the server is up and running?

Cheers
I don't think so - I might visit BETL Office tomorrow and will update here. If that helps.
Old 11th December 2016, 21:55   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I don't think so - I might visit BETL Office tomorrow and will update here. If that helps.
Considering the recent push for the digital world, you could check if there will be a waiver of the joining fees of Rs 200/-.

Quote:
While in the first phase only one private bank(ICICI Bank) participated, in phase-II there will be at least eight financial entities which will take part in the programme.

link: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/n.../1/760212.html
Or maybe those who could afford to wait for some more time, the new entrants in the FASTag programme may provide better service and offers
Old 12th December 2016, 08:02   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I have noticed from earlier posts on this thread that most members are paying 500/- while buying / activating their FasTag which loads only 100/- balance for tolls.

Why not pay 900/- (and get 500/- balance) or 1,400 (and get 1,000/- balance) or even 5,400/- (and get 5,000/- balance)?
I was not provided this option when I got my Fastag in October of this year. I was told that they would accept only Rs.500 and that I would have to do a top-up separately.

Cheers
Old 12th December 2016, 09:10   #374
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Just need to read about these tolls and be informed. Some of them like the L&T Coimbatore have dishonest toll attendants, so just need to be alert.
There was a MH car in front of our car and they were taken for a ride by double charging as they paid at the first toll near Madukkarai and then again near the Trichy road junction's toll plaza. At the next toll plaza, he almost paid again when I alerted him and the toll attendant realized that I've found out their Modus Operandi and waved him away

The other option is to get a FasTag RFID and get peace of mind. However, L&T Coimbatore bypass is not FasTag enabled.

Last edited by NPV : 12th December 2016 at 09:15.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 10:35   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I just spoke with Imdad. He said to call around 11:00 and he will confirm if the server is up and running.

Cheers

Most Viewed