Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 10:40   #286
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Has anyone faced issue while recharging your fasttag account recently? I tried to recharge this week and keep getting a "Payment Gateway Error" using the "CC/Netbanking" option.
Raised a ticket, but it got closed automatically.
+1. Some strange error saying "Object moved here". Couldn't recharge. Doesn't look like the amount deducted from Credit card either.
Old 8th November 2016, 13:42   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone been successful in getting a Fastag, Online ( in BLR) ?

I had tried the online option. Took the print out with the registration num to ICICI bank's branch. The people at the branch say the online thing is not valid. They want me to fill the application form they have.

Are these people trying to increase their own numbers ?
Old 8th November 2016, 16:11   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
+1. Some strange error saying "Object moved here". Couldn't recharge. Doesn't look like the amount deducted from Credit card either.
I received this same error when i selected the "CUG Wallet" option(this option is selected by default). But the amount got transferred after a day and it was reflecting in my CUG account. So, try selecting the "Pay to Tag Accounts" option and see if this issue still happens.

Also, check for the balance in your CUG account.

Last edited by arun_josie : 8th November 2016 at 16:13.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 16:42   #289
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Is FastTag enabled at any of the tollbooths in the Chennai - Ulundurpet - Salem stretch? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to get it in case I drive down to KL for Xmas. I don't need FastTag for my travel within Chennai.
Yes all the toll plazas in as per the ICICI website.

Chennai - Ulundurpet
  • Paranur (Chengalpet)
  • Athur (Tindivanam)
  • Vikkravandi
  • Sengurichi (Ulundurpet)
Ulundurpet - Salem
  • Veeracholapuram (Kallakkurichi)
  • Nathakkarai (Attur)
  • Mettupatti (Valappadi)
The complete list of toll plazas are available in the following link:

https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...page?#toptitle
sunil8089 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 17:44   #290
BHPian

I took Fastag in Oct/2016 and had some tolls paid on it in the same month. However, as on today, there is no credit of the 10% in my account. How fast/slow does this happen every month?
Old 8th November 2016, 17:48   #291
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I received this same error when i selected the "CUG Wallet" option(this option is selected by default).
Choose the Pay to tag account option when recharging and it will work fine.
My recent experience here -
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 18:06   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I received this same error when i selected the "CUG Wallet" option(this option is selected by default). But the amount got transferred after a day and it was reflecting in my CUG account. So, try selecting the "Pay to Tag Accounts" option and see if this issue still happens.

Also, check for the balance in your CUG account.
So i just went through this. Pay to tag was not working, but pay to CUG wallet was, so i assumed it was the same and paid.
Then could not figure out how to transfer that to the tag account. Quick call to FAStag helpdesk and the person asked me to log out and log in again and check "recharge" drop options. There is an option to transfer from CUG wallet to Tag account. Did that and now the account is good to go.

Comments:
Did a recent trip to Chennai and the tag lane was free only if there was less crowd. If not it was open to general traffic too. So don't really understand the point of the tag if you still have to wait in queue for half an hour other than not having to open the wallet to pay.

The Fastag was read pretty much by all tolls in the Bangalore - Chennai highway and Bangalore - Trichy highway (the second trip was a month back). So good that way. But 9 of 10 times it never works in the Electronics City elevated. Sometimes the account is deducted and sometimes the account is not. Mostly the guards just move the boom and let me through and don't insist I pay. I have the XUV 500 OEM Tag just below the Fastag. So going to remove the XUV 500 tag and check if it makes a difference.
srivibhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 18:21   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Choose the Pay to tag account option when recharging and it will work fine.
My recent experience here -
Yes, I realized this later. However, there is an option to transfer from CUG wallet to our tag account, so I used this option to move the amount to my tag account.

And since the amount i transferred was 1000/-, I didn't receive the error that you received.
Old 8th November 2016, 19:05   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I took Fastag in Oct/2016 and had some tolls paid on it in the same month. However, as on today, there is no credit of the 10% in my account. How fast/slow does this happen every month?
Credit of 10% of tolls paid for a particular calendar month will happen anytime between 1st and last day of next calendar month. Credit of 10% of tolls paid between 1st Oct and 31st Oct can happen any day from 1st Nov to 30th Nov.
Old 9th November 2016, 21:44   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
So i just went through this. Pay to tag was not working, but pay to CUG wallet was, so i assumed it was the same and paid.
Then could not figure out how to transfer that to the tag account. Quick call to FAStag helpdesk and the person asked me to log out and log in again and check "recharge" drop options. There is an option to transfer from CUG wallet to Tag account. Did that and now the account is good to go.
Tried this method and it worked. It takes almost a day to update the wallet. Only downside is the minimum recharge amount is 1000.
Old 10th November 2016, 16:16   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
FasTag update from recent Trichy trip:

At Thoppur, the security guy checked if the tag was there and opened the steel barricade to let the car into the lane. Upon reaching the booth which was unmanned, the display showed "Blacklisted Tag" and the boom barrier did not open.

After a honk, one of the attendants ran across from another lane, went inside the toll booth and pressed a button and the display changed to "Valid Tag" and boom barrier opened!

At Krishnagiri, the FasTag lane worked perfectly, so there was no real problem with the tag after all.
The L&T thoppur lane has serious issues, in my last 4 trips fastag never worked there and I had to pay cash. But after checking days later I could see that amount has also been deducted from the tag account. So be careful to check after 2 days and claim dispute if you had to pay by cash. Also I got to know from fellow travelers that many L&T operated booths does not calculate the return fare on same day correctly rather they charge twice the amount even if you return on the same day.
Old 14th November 2016, 14:50   #297
BHPian

I need to go to Chikmagulur last week of November. Contemplating getting a Fastag. Any clue whether tolls are being collected till Dec 30th? Then i dont have to go through the hassle this year. If i have to apply , being in Bangalore going to ICICI Bommanahalli is out of question due to rush in banks. Looks like BETL is the viable option. Any idea wether Hoskote Toll plaza Fastag POS works, if so where exactly it is ?
How about Devavanalli Toll plaza. Do they have a working POS now ?
thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 19:19   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Any clue whether tolls are being collected till Dec 30th?
As of now, No toll charges on National Highways is till November 18 midnight only. I don't think this will go till Dec 30th.
Old 18th November 2016, 22:43   #299
BHPian

Are the no toll charges extended till 24th?
Old 18th November 2016, 23:32   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Are the no toll charges extended till 24th?
Toll collection on national highways suspended further till November 24 midnight.
http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...night-4380631/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks