Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:56   #271
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hi Ajay, which location did you go to ?
I had gone to the BETL office in electronic city phase 1.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:15   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ajay, which location did you go to ? I am trying to find the centre for South Bangalore, but locations not listed on ICICI bank's site.

Also, I have tried the two numbers you had given. Prashanth has moved. There is supposed to be a new person Sudhir who does not respond on the 7026349864 number,
My friend went and got from ICICI bank at Bommanahalli. I would check with him on the exact location.

KK
Old 4th November 2016, 09:02   #273
BHPian

Travelled to Madurai yesterday, now all the toll gates having dedicated and operational fastag lanes. Till last week, Kodai road toll lane was not operational, had to use regular lane and manual scan. Yesterday it was automatic(no boom), but security checks and allows. I'm not sure why krishnagiri toll still uses manual scan which is one of the busiest toll :(

Also When i travelled last week, except L&T thoppur toll plaza(86rs), all toll fees were rounded off as per the latest order. In Yesterday trip thoppur toll plaza also rounded off to 85.
Old 4th November 2016, 10:07   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I'm not sure why krishnagiri toll still uses manual scan which is one of the busiest toll :(
I agree, but it is also one of the toll booths where there is a sentry always available on that lane. He has a slightly smaller reader to read the RFID tag. Even with this method, the time taken to complete the process is less than a minute. In many other places, the gentleman operator has to come out of his booth with a big pistol like device to take the reading, and then go back to the booth to lift the barrier. In the booths which does not have a fully dedicated and operational lane for FasTag, I find Krishnagiri toll the easiest to navigate through.
Old 4th November 2016, 12:18   #275
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

FasTag update from recent Trichy trip:
Onwards - took the Bangalore-Karur (NH 7)-Trichy (NH 81/old NH 67) route. Cashless, complete FasTag toll journey
On the NH 81, the first toll of Rs.45 had a FasTag lane with signage but the second one was a small plaza at Thiruparaithurai with 2 booths and as soon as I reached the booth and asked the attendant if they had FasTag sensors, voila! the boom barrier opened with a thank you message.

Return - took the route via Thuraiyur and Budhansanthai, so the tolls started from Salem and it was again completely cashless since FasTag worked at all tolls.

At Thoppur, the security guy checked if the tag was there and opened the steel barricade to let the car into the lane. Upon reaching the booth which was unmanned, the display showed "Blacklisted Tag" and the boom barrier did not open.

After a honk, one of the attendants ran across from another lane, went inside the toll booth and pressed a button and the display changed to "Valid Tag" and boom barrier opened!

At Krishnagiri, the FasTag lane worked perfectly, so there was no real problem with the tag after all.

Last edited by NPV : 4th November 2016 at 12:21.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 13:40   #276
BHPian

No advantage of FasTAG from Bangalore to Dharwad and from Hassan to Bangalore. The lanes were open to all meaning I had to queue up behind everyone. At the toll too, the auto scan didn't work and so they had to manually scan it. At a couple of places they wouldn't come out. So they'd just hand over the machine to me and I had to scan and return to them. If anything, this took more time than paying by cash.
The only exception was the Bangalore-Nelamangala expressway where the auto-scan worked, but then again, the lane was open to all and so had to queue up.
Old 4th November 2016, 14:39   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
No advantage of FasTAG from Bangalore to Dharwad and from Hassan to Bangalore. The lanes were open to all meaning I had to queue up behind everyone. At the toll too, the auto scan didn't work and so they had to manually scan it. At a couple of places they wouldn't come out. So they'd just hand over the machine to me and I had to scan and return to them. If anything, this took more time than paying by cash.
The only exception was the Bangalore-Nelamangala expressway where the auto-scan worked, but then again, the lane was open to all and so had to queue up.
Can't help during Festive season or long weekends buddy, the actual advantage of getting a fastag is to avoid this weekend rush, but it is going in vain by allowing other vehicles to pass through it. There is no option other than cursing the authorities and moving on
Old 4th November 2016, 14:50   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
No advantage of FasTAG from Bangalore to Dharwad ...
When was this ? Traveled on 25th, and except for one, all booths accepted Fastag. The lane was blocked, but opened by the attendant on seeing the tag.
Old 4th November 2016, 14:52   #279
BHPian

Quote:
When was this ? Traveled on 25th, and except for one, all booths accepted Fastag. The lane was blocked, but opened by the attendant on seeing the tag.
29th Morning. Not a giant queue, but 4-5 vehicles in each lane.
Old 4th November 2016, 18:30   #280
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One more thing I've learned now from experience is that even if you see a Red X light for the FasTag lane indicating that lane is closed at the toll plaza, do stop and check with the security or toll personnel, they may then move the steel barricade to allow you inside the lane once they've determined you have the tag.
Old 4th November 2016, 19:10   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

When you recharge the account online, if you are not using CUG Wallet then make sure to select "Pay to Tag Account" . Actually now by default "Pay to CUG Wallet" is selected(this was not the case before). So, when you do the transfer, the amount gets moved to the CUG Wallet and it doesn't reflect in your Tag account. In fact it took a day to get reflected in my "CUG Wallet". Later I transferred it from "CUG Wallet" to my Tag account.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 923
Size:  11.0 KB
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 19:17   #282
BHPian

Applied for FASTAG personally at ICICI, Chandivali branch, Mumbai on Tuesday this week, cheque got cleared on Wednesday, ICICI bank account no. generated on Thursday, got RFID tag today (Friday). Pretty efficient service.

Now to try to use it during a drive from Mumbai to Chennai coming up soon.
Old 4th November 2016, 20:10   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
One more thing I've learned now from experience is that even if you see a Red X light for the FasTag lane indicating that lane is closed at the toll plaza, do stop and check with the security or toll personnel, they may then move the steel barricade to allow you inside the lane once they've determined you have the tag.
Had the same experience other day when I was travelling in a VRL Volvo B9R to Bombay. Fastag is now functional at Kognoli toll on NH4 ( KA - MH border ). The Volvo was fastagged and the lane was opened for us by the security guy after confirming the presence of tag. ( I was seated in second row window seat )
Old 4th November 2016, 22:30   #284
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Last week traveled from Chennai to Cochin via Palakkad and following are the updates on the roads and refreshments....
One thing is the widespread use of a prepaid travel like Fast Tag - in toll plazas can really reduce the time per transaction. [/url]
Is FastTag enabled at any of the tollbooths in the Chennai - Ulundurpet - Salem stretch? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to get it in case I drive down to KL for Xmas. I don't need FastTag for my travel within Chennai.
Old 6th November 2016, 10:56   #285
BHPian

Has anyone faced issue while recharging your fasttag account recently? I tried to recharge this week and keep getting a "Payment Gateway Error" using the "CC/Netbanking" option.
Raised a ticket, but it got closed automatically.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks