Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:29   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Finally, got the Fastag on my car

Thanks one and all and especially Suhas for starting this thread which has helped many of us in getting our respective tags.

My Experience:

I had all the documents in place and called the number which Suhas had provided me, who would come and collect all the documents. But all the calls were in vain as the guy told every time that his representative would come and collect my documents, but never turned up nor called me.

Few of my friends on a whatsapp group suggested me to go to BETL office or any of the tolls to get the tag immediately, hence decided to do that today and went to BETL office around 3PM. I was out by 4.15PM with the tag on affixed on my car and with Active status. I am yet to check if its works, as I took NICE road and they do not accept Fastag. Will update once I get a chance to see it working.

Also, I was able to login/register successfully to my Fastag Account.

Once again, Thanks everyone.

Documents Provided:

1. Application Form (Duly Filled)
2. Passport size Photo
3. ID & Address Proof (Aadhar card) - We can also give DL, PAN, Passport and other govt id's
4. RC book copy
5. 500/- Cash
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:19   #122
BHPian

Thank you so much for that brilliant piece of information Suhas! This is definitely going to help a lot of us who are in a dilemma regarding the functionality of the process. I seriously hope things become smoother at the toll gates with the advent of fastag, which other-wise is a complete chaos during long weekends.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:13   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a recent Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore trip.
FasTag worked only at Jadcherla toll both ways. All vehicles are allowed in this lane but looks like they have solved the problem of recognizing the vehicle in the lane that has FasTag (Even tolls on the Chennai route are manned by security guys who allow one vehicle to completely clear the lane before letting the the next one in).
About 2-3 cars were ahead of my car after I crossed the black sensors at the beginning of the lane. But as soon as I reached the toll plaza, the green light lit up with the "THANK YOU, PROCEED" message flashing on the display board. Similar experience both ways on this toll.

At other tolls, either there was no FasTag signage or if there was a dedicated lane, it was closed with a barricade with no one nearby (Bagepalli, Marur I think).
At one toll I remember seeing a signage for FasTag, Lane #10 and there were only lanes 1-5
Even at the Devanahalli toll there was no signage for FasTag (the toll plaza on the airport-Bangalore city side does have a FasTag lane though but not the ones on the Hyderabad route.

Last edited by NPV : 5th September 2016 at 12:15.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 09:38   #124
BHPian

Drove down to Salem and back on Sunday. I went through all the Fastag lanes. The one at Krishnagiri - Thoppur did cause a few problems. It was not detecting my tag, and the toll operator had to manually open the barrier.

But the VIP like access is second to none. I would have saved atleast half an hour on the entire journey.

Total toll charges paid.

Attibele - Rs 25 + Rs 15
Krishnagiri Thoppur - Rs. 86
Omalur - Rs. 69 + Rs. 34.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 15:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

Made the first round trip to Palakkad with FASTag over the weekend. Must say I was able to save at least half an hour and a lot of frustration caused by lane jumpers at many toll booths. Most toll booths have the dedicated lane closed for vehicles without the tag, hence some smart alecks who were tailgating tagged vehicles into such lanes had to face the wrath of the security personnal as well as the others who were waiting in queue.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20160906_14h23_50.jpg

There were some hiccups at Walayar and Vijayamangalam tolls on the return, surprising because those toll booths let us through without any trouble on the onward trip. Since Krishnagiri and Walayar toll booths haven't charged the tag yet, the total toll paid for the trip is only Rs.562 in place of ~1k.

Last edited by silversteed : 6th September 2016 at 15:39.
Old 6th September 2016, 16:21   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

The fastag on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway (Khalapur) is a nuisance. The ETC lane is free for all. Last sunday the readers at both directions didn't work. On the going journey they exempted me and my friend's vehicle. On the return they made me waste 10 minutes gong back and front and then the realised the wire to the sensor was cut. Then they asked me to pay. I refused so they exempted me. My friend behind me also got exempted.

Why is it so difficult to maintain the readers and a dedicated lane??
Old 6th September 2016, 16:34   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Why is it so difficult to maintain the readers and a dedicated lane??
I feel it is not due to difficulty in maintaining the lane, but due to lack of intereset in the same.

From my understanding, toll operators doesnt benefit monetarily much from this excercise. Instead of that, more vehicles taking Fastag means they have less chance to fudge accounts. This could be the reason behind toll operators lack of intereset.
Old 6th September 2016, 17:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

I recently drove to my hometown, Palakkad, Kerala from Pune. Due to time constraints I couldnt apply for Fastag. Is it possible to apply one at Palakkad with my Pune address?
Old 6th September 2016, 17:19   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Is it possible to apply one at Palakkad with my Pune address?
It should not be an issue.

I took Fastag from Bangalore presenting a non Bangalore address. Just make sure that address mentioned in the application form and also document proof is same.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 17:21   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recently drove to my hometown, Palakkad, Kerala from Pune. Due to time constraints I couldnt apply for Fastag. Is it possible to apply one at Palakkad with my Pune address?
I don't see any location from Kerala in the Point of Sale (POS) locations list mentioned in the below ICICI bank link,

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...-location.page
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
I got my Fastag today!!
But it looks different from the pictures i see on this thread...

Attachment 1549836
This side will face towards the cabin. The outer side which will be pasted on your windscreen has a protective layer, which you'll have to remove to paste the tag on the windscreen.
Old 6th September 2016, 22:33   #132
BHPian

I recently procured a Fastag at the Bangalore Elevated Flyover office in Electronic City. If you work or live close by, I must say that its a lot simpler to walk in there and complete all formalities in 15 minutes and walk out with your tag than calling up the bank guy and waiting for the tag to arrive.

Also completed a round trip to Madurai, the experience was seamless except for a few issues. At the Krishnagiri-Thoppur toll, the system just did not read my tag and I was asked to pay by cash. All other tolls was a breeze and the decision to put on a Fastag was well justified when I was able to breeze through most of the tolls in spite of the usual long weekend serpentine queues in the other lanes. Although at the Omalur toll they were allowing non-ETC vehicles as well, it at least saves you the trouble of reaching out for the change.

To my surprise, the Krishnagiri toll had a long queue and all vehicles were being allowed in the ETC lane. However, when the toll operator with a Fastag cap noticed my vehicle in the rear end of the long queue, he walked up to my vehicle, asked me to move out of the lane and guided me right to the entrance of the ETC lane cutting through the queue, asked the vehicle which was about to enter the lane to wait and let me in. What a VIP feeling
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 23:04   #133
BHPian

Got debit notification today towards Krishnagiri toll which I passed last week. Hope they would debit soon for another 3 crossings which I did in August.
Old 7th September 2016, 07:03   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I don't see any location from Kerala in the Point of Sale (POS) locations list mentioned in the below ICICI bank link,

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...-location.page
Oops, didn't check that. I often pass through the Walayar check post, will check if the tag is available and update the thread.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th September 2016 at 07:05.
Old 7th September 2016, 09:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops, didn't check that. I often pass through the Walayar check post, will check if the tag is available and update the thread.
The last time I'd enquired (it was a good 5-6 months ago), they were clueless about FASTag itself, so I won't pin my hopes there. Why don't you try calling up the FASTag helpline?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks