Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 13:40   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The Devanahalli toll booth on NH7 under the Airport clover leaf does not accept fast-tag. I had to pay 120 bucks for the return trip since the operator said that the fast tag does not work in that toll booth!
Very right sagarpadaki! At the very least, NHAI/IHMCL should provide the concessionaire with multiple handheld scanners so that one can be kept in the cloverleaf booths. But common sense seems to come last in so many cases.

Incidentally what I noticed are new yellow poles on at least 5 of the BIAL exit booths. Are these simply for warning drivers or does it mean that FASTag implementation is underway? Doubtful though!.

Anyone have any idea? See the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20160825_151239_resized.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20160825_151230_resized.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st August 2016 at 13:42. Reason: Clarification
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 13:52   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Did you return on the same day? Or was it a single trip only?
onward & return was on different days and hence the deduction is correct.

As the Krishnagiri Toll is managed by L&T, you have to live with it as L&T managed tolls dont consider same day return and treat it as 2 trips
Old 31st August 2016, 15:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Today I gave documents to ICICI person for FASTag. They are taking only cheque for Rs. 500, out of which Rs. 200 is charges, Rs. 200 is security deposit and Rs. 100 will be deposited in FASTag account for usage.
You have missed service charges of 15% on the 200 (cost of Tag). so effectively, we get approx. 70/- rupees of usage, and not 100 as mentioned.

200 - security deposit
200 - cost of device / tag
30 - Tax (thank the govt for the value added tax/service tax and the value it adds)
70 - remaining amount that would be pre-loaded on the card.

Its better to recharge for 1000/- just in case.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st August 2016 at 15:30.
Old 31st August 2016, 16:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
You have missed service charges of 15% on the 200 (cost of Tag). so effectively, we get approx. 70/- rupees of usage, and not 100 as mentioned.

200 - security deposit
200 - cost of device / tag
30 - Tax (thank the govt for the value added tax/service tax and the value it adds)
70 - remaining amount that would be pre-loaded on the card.

Its better to recharge for 1000/- just in case.
Tag issuance fee is Rs.173.91, and adding up the service tax of 14% and the 0.5% Swachh Bharat Cess & 0.5% Krishi Kalyan Cess, the net amount charged is Rs.200. Another Rs.200 goes towards the security deposit as you have rightly mentioned. And you are left with Rs.100 as the usable balance.

The account summary is neat and shows all charges levied.

The payment gateway provides the actual amount going to be charged, while recharging the tag. So if you're planning to recharge for Rs.1000, the amount debited will include 1.1% of 1000 as gateway charges + 15% service tax on the gateway charges, amounting to ~1013

EDIT: Of course, a lot of value is getting added. But where, is the question.

Last edited by silversteed : 31st August 2016 at 16:39. Reason: Adding OT quip on VAT
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 20:02   #95
BHPian

Thanks @Suhas for your guide in getting the FASTag, it was really handy.

My FASTag was ready in 2 working days, may be because I went to the branch (Karkhana, Hyderabad - for benefit of Hyderabadis) that deals with FASTag.

And, yes as others have mentioned they don't accept cash and they insisted on two separate documents for ID and address proof.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 21:36   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very right sagarpadaki! At the very least, NHAI/IHMCL .
Is it that both directions of this booth does not have Fastag ? Strange since as per your report earlier Airport road arm of this booth accepts Fastag .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Saw this at the FASTag website :
It is not possible for enabling manufacturer fitted RFID for Fastag .

Also, I don't think the website mentioned in screenshot is the official one. I

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2016 at 22:18. Reason: As requested :)
Old 1st September 2016, 11:18   #97
BHPian

For the BHPians from Bangalore taking BETL, you can get the FASTag in 10-15 mins from the BETL Office at ECity Phase 1. Call the ICICI guy at 8884970301 and check his availability before going. Take necessary documents, pay 500/- by cash, and the RFID tag will be activated in an hour or so.
samm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 12:38   #98
BHPian

I am planning on a road trip from Bangalore to Rajasthan in the coming month. I anticipate that I would pay a total of 4500- 5000 in tolls (to and fro). I am leaning towards getting a fast tag for convenience. And if the 10% cashback thing is true, I would recover the cost of getting the fasttag (Rs. 200- 250) in this trip itself!

I have a 2016 manufactured XUV500, and with what I read here, the existing tag cannot be used. The NHAI website says that the fastag has to be applied on the center of the windshield - this is where the existing Mahindra tag is- not sure if we can remove that, plus the dashcam. However I see post from Sunay where it says that the location doesn't matter (including a member who had it in his bag). That ways, I could paste it on the upper left corner of the windshield, or the non-drivers sun-visor (lower the sunvisor, when I come close to a toll plaza).
Old 1st September 2016, 13:36   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
And if the 10% cashback thing is true, I would recover the cost of getting the fasttag (Rs. 200- 250) in this trip itself!
Yes, 10% cashback is true. It is processed once in a month and credited to your account.

Quote:
The NHAI website says that the fastag has to be applied on the center of the windshield - this is where the existing Mahindra tag is- not sure if we can remove that, plus the dashcam.
For this very reason(dashcam), I have placed mine on the top-left corner. I have not faced any issue so far.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 14:30   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is it that both directions of this booth does not have Fastag ? Strange since as per your report earlier Airport road arm of this booth accepts Fastag
Last Sunday we drove to Lepakshi. Remember having seen the Fastag sign at the toll (towards Lepakshi). When we reached the Fastag lane, the security person removed the barricade & let our car in. But at the counter, I was told that Fastag is "not working" and asked me to pay cash.

Since I had taken a 2 way ticket, did not bother to check for Fastag during my return.
iVento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 14:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone received 10% cashback promised by NHAI. I have not received it yet. Do I need to contact the support team for the same?
Old 1st September 2016, 15:23   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Has anyone received 10% cashback promised by NHAI. I have not received it yet. Do I need to contact the support team for the same?
It gets credited the next month I guess. TBHPian J Ravi has received the cashback last month. There is no seperate request process for the same.
Old 1st September 2016, 15:35   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.
You will receive the cash back for Aug calendar month on or before 30th Sep.
Old 1st September 2016, 16:28   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have received this cashback couple of times, the transaction type is "Adjustment".

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-snap1.gif
Old 2nd September 2016, 12:24   #105
BHPian

I got my Fastag today!!
But it looks different from the pictures i see on this thread. It is quite smaller and does not have any chip or marker on the outside. I plan to paste it with the help of a toll plaza person and will share the experience in future.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-new-doc-2.jpg

Unfortunately my mobile number has been wrongly updated and OTP is not coming to my mobile number and without OTP I cannot register.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks