Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 18:31   #61
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
QQ - does anyone know, if we can recharge the FASTAG account through cheque similar to credit card or mobile bills. Can we drop a cheque at ICICI bank telling pay ICICI ETC A/C # 12345678 and assuming I am good waiting for 2-3 days for the cheque clearing formalities.
Though ICICI FASTag site does mention about cheque payment, but no clear instruction on how to do.

Also the convenience fees are not charged by ICICI, but its by the payment gateway(Tech process).
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 11:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Tried Both options - both weren't a smooth one -

1) Applied at ICICI Bank call centre and they said someone would get back within 48 hours, its 72 hours, still no one has called. the Call center works only 8 am - 6:00 pm, so supposedly if an issue happens at night, I need to wait till next morning to report it.

2) Called NHAI Chennai office and they gave the contact number of a person. He told to transfer the money to his account and he will in-turn pay NHAI and issue the Fastag it seems - Obviously I didn't do it, as no one would even sympathize if the money is lost. .

Now - I am stuck with the option of travelling to ICICI Ambattur branch (only one in chennai) to get the tag, the only issue is that it is ~ 30 kms one way from where I stay. I am unable to get any number for the same and I am worried, if I go all the way, there might not be anyone to talk to

Last edited by scopriobharath : 21st August 2016 at 11:37.
Old 21st August 2016, 11:55   #63
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Tried Both options - both weren't a smooth one -
1) Applied at ICICI Bank call centre and they said someone would get back within 48 hours, its 72 hours, still no one has called.
Had the same experience; sent an SMS to the number registered, but no one called up.

Quote:
2) Called NHAI Chennai office and they gave the contact number of a person. He told to transfer the money to his account and he will in-turn pay NHAI and issue the Fastag it seems - Obviously I didn't do it, as no one would even sympathize if the money is lost. .
Its good that you didn't transfer the money.

I stay in Hyderabad, and I went to the NHAI office on a working day at around 11:30 am with my car and the requisite documents - copy of vehicle Registration card, Identity Proof, Passport size photograph and DL photocopy. The person in charge of collecting the documents had not arrived at, so after some confusion and shuttling between the ground floor and the first floor of the office, a person finally collected the documents, took the cash(Rs 600/-) and my contact number and told me that I would receive a call once the documents are processed.

At around 04:30 pm I got an SMS stating that the FasTag has been issued, and after sometime, got a call from the NHAI office to come over and take the FastTag. So i reached the office after around 45 minutes, and the person who had called me took a couple of signatures, and affixed the FASTag on the Windscreen (Inside the vehicle).

After a few days, I went to the Fastag website on ICICI bank, registered myself with the ID, and topped up my account. On a recent trip on the Bangalore highway, went thru the FasTag lane - the attendant acknowledged the FasTag, and a few minutes later I got a SMS stating that an amount of Rs 57/- has been deducted, and my remaining balance was ...

Unlike in the US where there are dedicated lanes for I-PASS (Illinois) or EZ-PASS(Eastern US) users, we are not there yet, in India. The only advantage that I see with FastTag is you don't have to pay cash at the toll booth(Not all toll booths are accepting FastTAg yet).

Last edited by PVS : 21st August 2016 at 11:56. Reason: Problem with quoting the message
PVS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 20:31   #64
BHPian

Looks like Krishnagiri Toll Fastag is enabled

Received a SMS today [ 21/08 ] for 14/08 travel [ Rs.60 ]
Old 21st August 2016, 21:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

BETL down ramp (at Veerasandra) seems to be a mess even for FasTag users. They were not really ensuring a clear path for FasTag users. The saving grace is around 30-45 seconds of time which I can save (as the tag is read automatically, and money does not change hands). The next time may be I should try the slightly better option of taking the EC Phase II exit.
Old 21st August 2016, 22:13   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
Looks like Krishnagiri Toll Fastag is enabled

Received a SMS today [ 21/08 ] for 14/08 travel [ Rs.60 ]
Yes, even I got the message today for the trip dated 15-08-2016. Prior to this I would have crossed this toll at least 5-6 times and never got the message, wonder what will happen to those toll charges.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Is it valid on the Mumbai entry points, i.e. Vashi / Mulund / Airoli / Dahisar?
NO,not at all! They are not valid on any local/municipal tolls anywhere across the country. For ETC at Mumbai Entry Points - there is a separate discussion thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...on-mumbai.html

In a nutshell, efficacy of ETC isn't very high. The ETC refuses to work many a times - pricing isn't very competitive and no separate queue is ever maintained (there isn't significant saving of time or money there)

FASTag is pan India and is useful on out of city drives.
ameyawaghmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:15   #68
BHPian

Is there an offer now? Saw this at the Krisninagiri toll.
Says Joining Fee of Rs 200 is free from NHAI.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20160816_121934863.jpg
A cropped one -
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-crp.jpg

Last edited by glenmz : 23rd August 2016 at 12:19.
glenmz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:37   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I too saw that when I took Krishnagiri route couple of weeks back. However, I had taken new Fastag few days before that and they didnt give any discount.

Since it is an NHAI offer, it should be available across all counters I guess. Those who are opting it for newly can check that I guess.
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:14   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Says Joining Fee of Rs 200 is free from NHAI.
That is probably a waiver for conversion of smarts cards or monthly passes for locals around that plaza.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:26   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a limited special offer for BETL smart-card users to change to FASTag.
Old 24th August 2016, 01:27   #72
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Thank you. This should be another advantage of having RFID tag especially for Pune--Mumbai Expressway. Else, normally we would need to tell the toll operator to issue the receipt based on our destination i. e for Lonavala (117) or Mumbai(195).
And there is something more I would like to share. On my journey from Pune to Mumbai, my FASTag wasn't getting detected at the first toll at Talegaon. They let me go without any money to be paid, it was such a wonderful feeling to see the digital board say 'Exempt 0 INR'! On the next toll at Khalapur, only 117/- got deducted as that was the first entry point as per FASTag's detection. And then, there's refund of 11.7/- (10% discount) to come to me towards month-end from ICICI Bank. I am sure such occurrences would not only take place at this toll but throughout country. So, expect a few toll-exempt rides till the time these initial bugs are fixed by them.

I hope no one from NHAI or ICICI Bank is reading this!
ameyawaghmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 11:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Better to contact the ICICI Fastag representative itself and get it corrected. You will have to make sure your car number is linked correctly to the Fastag RFID tag as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
You can contact ICICI representatives at Bangalore branch-
  • Nagesh - 9986580842
  • Sandeep - 9513385794

They would deliver the tag at your location and also would guide you on process of correction of entry.
Tried the ICICI representatives who tried their best to pass the buck on! After tying multiple leads, raised a complaint using the fastag ICICI web portal and was told by the customer care that their support team will be able to be handle this and correct the entry.

I will update this thread on the outcome, so that it gets documented for others who gets into this problem.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:57   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to see that at the Bengaluru Airport (BIAL) toll, the concessionaires have erected (what looks like) FASTag-type RFID energizer poles on at least 4 more lanes on the left side.

I believe they are also aggressively pushing FASTag for various reasons like push from IHMCL / NHAI, substantial reduction in their opex due to lesser cash handling and consequent revenue leakage, lesser need for manpower (with high attrition) as well as seamless transfer of monies to NHAI and then to concessionaires.

Good move in my opinion. Will try and click and post a picture later today.
Old 25th August 2016, 15:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Procuring from ICICI - Pathetic and still unable to get to someone

I obviously ruled out the question of transferring money to that MHAI guy's personal account and get the FASTAG, as reported earlier in my post.

I am calling ICICI customer care every single day, where they raise a complaint ticket and within 30 minutes, it gets closed. They assure someone would call, but no one called till date. I tried to get the contact number of the FASTAG branch, but I end up getting to their phone banking only and not to the board line of the office. Phone banking does NOT have a way of talking to a physical person, unless we have a relationship with them. New and prospective customers are left in the lurch.

The only option left now, is to walk into the nearest ICICI physical branch and request the branch manager to get the contact number of the ICICI Ambattur office and then call them, schedule a meeting with that sales

person and meet him there.
I am planning a trip to Yelagiri from Chennai next month, and this fastag would be extremely useful to avoid change issues / chocolate fights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks