Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 16:20   #3181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
On NHAI tolls, it is 24 hours
BETL is also managed by NHAI but then since the moolah comes from every takers of this bridge (Techies on cars and bikes), they managed to tweak the 24 hour rule and made the cut off at 23:59:59. At least for the first 2-3 years since they started operation, the window was 24 hours and many including myself managed to pass the booth thrice in under 24 hours and made the maximum out of that multiple journey ticket'.

Even the NBTL connecting Peenya to Nelamangala has a similar arrangement with the cut off before 00:00 Hours.

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th January 2019 at 16:36.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 09:49   #3182
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

My first experience with a double/duplicate toll transaction happened today (first in 4 years of using the ICICI Fastag) at the Devanahalli toll (when returning from KIAL). I had taken the exclusive Fastag lane and the barrier didn't open, the display said "Invalid Tag", so took the adjacent semi-automated lane where the attendant did not scan the tag with a handheld device but punched in something on his computer, display showed "Valid Tag" and I was on my way.
Couple hours later, I get 2 SMS alerts for toll deduction at Devanahalli with trip times 30 minutes apart

Figured out how to raise a dispute and just did that, hope it is resolved soon.

Last edited by NPV : 28th January 2019 at 09:51.
Old 28th January 2019, 10:33   #3183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I had the same happen to me last month but ICICI resolved it within ~10 days. Was very impressed - I only had to upload the toll ticket picture. In your case, it should be resolved even more easily as there must be duplicate debits within the same period of time.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 10:57   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
My first experience with a double/duplicate toll transaction happened today (first in 4 years of using the ICICI Fastag) at the Devanahalli toll (when returning from KIAL). I had taken the exclusive Fastag lane and the barrier didn't open, the display said "Invalid Tag"
Devanahalli toll plaza's FasTag implementation is really abysmal. This one takes the cake for being the most consistent non-working lane. I wonder how many more such cases need to be counted before NHAI reacts. I myself have been a victim to "Invalid tag" a number of times there. Repeated complaints to the attendants and toll staff have fallen on deaf ears.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 14:09   #3185
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai trip yesterday. Fastag worked at all tolls both ways. Used the dedicated fastag lanes except (i) Onwards - at one plaza where I used the hybrid etc one as it was free and fastag lane had a line of couple trucks;(ii)Return - The Hoskote toll where I used lane #5 (second from left) as it was relatively free compared to other lanes. I was ready to pay cash but the attendant said fastag has been detected and waved me on The dedicated fastag lane #1 on the right side had the longest line and was slow moving, I guess they were allowing even non-fastag vehicles.

*Hoskote toll because I exited NH 7/44 at Hosur and drove via NH 207 to reach Hoskote.
Old 31st January 2019, 14:39   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
My first experience with a double/duplicate toll transaction happened today (first in 4 years of using the ICICI Fastag) at the Devanahalli toll (when returning from KIAL). I had taken the exclusive Fastag lane and the barrier didn't open, the display said "Invalid Tag", so took the adjacent semi-automated lane where the attendant did not scan the tag with a handheld device but punched in something on his computer, display showed "Valid Tag" and I was on my way.
Couple hours later, I get 2 SMS alerts for toll deduction at Devanahalli with trip times 30 minutes apart

My experience with HDFC Fastag :

I had a similar experience at the notorious Devanahalli Toll Plaza a year ago, since that was the first scan using HDFC Fastag, even I was not aware what was going wrong. The attendant told me that Fastag is invalid and I need to buy a 2-way ticket for Rs 130.

Later, I got an SMS that the balance got deducted by 85/- (one way), after escalating I was assured that I would get that amount credited back, post I upload a picture of the manual ticket. After a lot of calls and emails to HDFC customer care who seemed disinterested to acknowledge the issue. Finally, after 1.5 months I got the money credited to my Fastag account. After that incident, I am very careful while getting this scanned at tolls.

Overall, I am satisfied with the HDFC fastag (except that incident) - I used Fastag in one of my 10,000Kms drives from Bangalore to Lucknow and back via Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra and other states like UP, MP, TS, AP, Goa etc. and Fastag worked like a charm everywhere except a few tolls in Madhya Pradesh where they did not have any network since it was remote.
Old 31st January 2019, 23:35   #3187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I second that. Placed the order on Fri 3rd Aug and received the tag on Tues 7th. This is with an intervening weekend. I am quite impressed with the turnaround time. Called up the helpline for my a/c # which was provided within minutes after the mandatory verification check.

What's even better? Digilocker DL and RC PDFs are accepted during the application process. Recharge done using my ICICI card. It was a seamless experience for me from from start to finish.

If Paytm or Axis are giving you grief just go in for ICICI, these guys deliver & quickly.
Anyone procured from ICICI recently ? I am getting a payment gateway error while trying to check out
Old 31st January 2019, 23:44   #3188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Anyone procured from ICICI recently ? I am getting a payment gateway error while trying to check out
Gateway problems are generally temporary in nature and will be set right in a matter of hours if not earlier. Try again and you should succeed.

Now about my ICICI Fastag experience; so it started off very well but wound up being as pleasant as a toothache. Something was wrong with my tag and it didn't work when traveling on the NH4 at ANY of the toll booths. The attendants recommended I request a replacement. Which I did on 10th Dec. Now, about 6 weeks and many tickets and phone calls later there was no progress. They simply refused to replace the tag just kicking the can down the road every time I called. I submitted an application to cancel it and refund my $$. Very disappointing indeed.

I reapplied for a new tag at HDFC where I also have an account. The tag was delivered in a week and it needs to be installed in the car.

Last edited by R2D2 : 31st January 2019 at 23:45.
Old 1st February 2019, 01:50   #3189
BHPian

I'm having a horrible time getting my Fastag replaced with Paytm. Had to replace my windshield 2 weeks back due to an incident and since then I have been trying to get a replacement tag without success.

The tag cost is Rs.100 but as they charge security deposit of Rs.300 for new accounts and first recharge of Rs.100, the total cost when ordering a new tag is Rs.500. But in my case the later 2 doesn't apply and I should be ordering a replacement tag for Rs.100. But I couldn't do it from their app and their customer service doesn't know how to issue a replacement tag either.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 1st February 2019 at 01:53.
Old 3rd February 2019, 07:50   #3190
BHPian

My Civic has a big black patch on the center of the windshield, which was not there in my precious cars. Just googled and found that it's a 3rd visor frit which acts as a visor to shield the sun rays.

Now, can I put the fastag on this patch? Any problems?

Will it be scanned properly if I fix?

KK
Old 3rd February 2019, 08:16   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
My Civic has a big black patch on the center of the windshield, which was not there in my precious cars. Just googled and found that it's a 3rd visor frit which acts as a visor to shield the sun rays.

Now, can I put the fastag on this patch? Any problems?

Will it be scanned properly if I fix?

KK
Yes- on my jazz I have on the Frit and absolutely no issues until now
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:10   #3192
Senior - BHPian

Folks a general piece of advice. Many dealers now also provide FasTag along with a new vehicle. At least for me, I was in store for a nasty surprise just before a long drive on my new vehicle.

FasTag was from Axis Bank and the dealer DID NOT inform me of the KYC formalities to be completed. Without KYC Axis Bank has setup a top up limit of Rs. 1000 per month. The day before I was to start a long drive, I found out that I had exceeded this limit. Had to use all my spare time to pull some strings and get the KYC done quickly.
Old 4th February 2019, 11:45   #3193
BHPian

I am facing issues with my Fastag being recognised by the scanners at the tolls.

I bought my first Fastag from PayTM and fixed it to the windshield of my Volvo S60 but the tag didn't get recognised/scanned at the tolls. The toll attendants brought out the manual scanner and my tag still didn't work. I had used this tag at maybe 6 different tolls but the result was the same. So I assumed that there was something wrong with the tag and after much follow-up PayTM replaced my tag.

Now the second tag has the exact same problem. It just won't get scanned automatically. It doesn't get scanned manually as well.

The chances of getting two faulty tags seems remote. So now I am wondering if my windscreen has some coating on it which does not let the tag get scanned.

Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 4th February 2019, 11:54   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Anyone else facing the same issue?
Me.

I frequently travel between B'lore - M'lore and having trouble getting through the fastag lane. It is embarrassing to see all other vehicles pass through fastag lane and our vehicle gets stopped coz the tag is NOT recognized. I am suspecting the tag and have called the ICICI fastag rep and he has assured me a replacement, once am back in B'lore. According to him, if we have re-pasted the tag on the windshield, the tag might NOT get scanned by the scanners. I suspect this might be the case.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:03   #3195
Senior - BHPian

This is just for information.
I have monthly pass activated in my ICICI Fastag for one of the NHAI toll Plaza on NH48. Auto debit of 260/- is configured on monthly bases. However, this month I came to know that minimum 200/-(apart from monthly pass fee) balance is required to process auto-debit in ICICI Fastag.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks