Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 13:48   #3256
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Ordered online for a FASTag from Equitas on Tuesday 26th Feb and got the FASTag delivered on Thursday 28th Feb! The entire process is online and found the delivery super fast. Used the same for trip to Tirumala and back from Bangalore and the tag worked like a charm.
rajinibm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 22:50   #3257
BHPian

Ordered fastag from ICICI bank, got it delivered on 5th day.
Used the tag on 6th day at 4 toll booths. At two booths handheld scanner was used and at the other two they seemed to take a picture of the license plate. As of today(after 10days) out of 4 only 2 is actually billed to my account, no idea where is the fault.

Used the tag again 4 days later than above at 5 toll booths, all the 5 were properly billed.

I have the tag pasted on driver side top corner as I use a dashcam which might interfere with the tag if pasted the center of windshield.

Last edited by maverickmano : 3rd March 2019 at 22:53. Reason: Corrected sentence
Old 4th March 2019, 14:26   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Can you share the contact number? Have been trying to reach the Bommanahalli branch but no luck.
Sorry I do not have the contact no for Bommanahalli. I visited there and got the phone no of a person who is issuing Fasttag for new vehicles at the dealerships for new car. People in Bommanahalli office do not process new car fastags. They process fastag for existing cars based on RC book. For new cars, it's issued based on Tax invoice.
Old 5th March 2019, 12:41   #3259
BHPian

From the past few days using the FAStag at the BIAL toll and the dedicated lane going towards Devanahalli never works and its always hand scanned and the return from Devanahalli towards city lane at the toll is the most problematic and am using the normal lane as no dedicated toll operator sits in the FASTag lane and get the hand scanning done.
Had this doubt how the toll would be calculated as a return fare and always get charged 85 Rs for one way and 45 Rs on return which works flawlessly.

Last edited by rajinibm : 5th March 2019 at 12:42. Reason: spelling
Old 5th March 2019, 12:52   #3260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
From the past few days using the FAStag at the BIAL toll and the dedicated lane going towards Devanahalli never works and its always hand scanned
Did 4 trips to Airport in last week alone and its the same case with my ICICI Tag. It fails to read the tag for Airport on dedicated lane and hand held scanner also works after multiple tries and once they wrote my car number and let me go and amount was deducted later.
Quote:
and the return from Devanahalli towards city lane at the toll is the most problematic and am using the normal lane as no dedicated toll operator sits in the FASTag lane and get the hand scanning done.
I always took the dedicated lane during these 4 trips and it worked without issues and hence I assured myself that the tag is not the issue here but the scanning is.

Quote:
Had this doubt how the toll would be calculated as a return fare and always get charged 85 Rs for one way and 45 Rs on return which works flawlessly.
Indeed. Except one instance where it charged me single journey for both ways, the calculation has been perfect. However, its the same toll booth that is notorious for wrong charging (Single each way than deduct just return fare) and has been reported here by many BHPians quite a few times.
Old 5th March 2019, 15:03   #3261
BHPian

I have been using the FasTag on the Outer Ring Road - Hyderabad very regularly and never faced any challenges so far.
Majority of the lanes are hybrid (that's how they marked them as well) and hence all vehicles are allowed.
The advantage being no cash transaction and automated discount on return trip within 24hours.

Regards,
Pradeep.
Old 6th March 2019, 13:23   #3262
BHPian

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what are the 'return' toll charges for a car on Mumbai Pune Expressway ?

Last Sunday, I traveled to Mumbai from Pune in afternoon and returned on the same day in evening. The charges deducted from my Paytm accounts are -

Pune to Mumbai
138 + 138

Mumbai to Pune
138 + 92

Total - Rs. 506

Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:14   #3263
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what are the 'return' toll charges for a car on Mumbai Pune Expressway ?

Last Sunday, I traveled to Mumbai from Pune in afternoon and returned on the same day in evening. The charges deducted from my Paytm accounts are -

Pune to Mumbai
138 + 138

Mumbai to Pune
138 + 92

Total - Rs. 506

Thanks
Mumbai - Pune one way is Rs. 230.
Mumbai - Lonavla exit is Rs. 138.

So for your onward journey you have paid extra Rs. 46 whereas return journey toll paid is fine.
Old 6th March 2019, 15:19   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Can someone please tell me what are the 'return' toll charges for a car on Mumbai Pune Expressway?
We have to pay Rs. 230 if using entire stretch of express way every time; no return(2-way) charges for tolls on Mumbai Pune express-way.

Quote:
Pune to Mumbai
138 + 138
This should have been 138+92, similar to your return journey. Please log a complaint with your Fastag provider for additional toll amount that has been deducted.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:18   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Had my first experience too of a double transaction that too as the same toll booth as you. Had been to the airport to drop my in-laws this Monday.

Onward was smooth. On the return, I went into the fast tag lane, it did not read my tag, the attendant asked me to take the normal lane, went into the normal lane and told the toll booth operator that I’ve FasTag. He punched it in and let me go.

I come home check Paytm and have been billed twice for the same toll (₹85 and ₹45) albeit I don’t understand the charges. Could someone kindly explain.

Attachment 1847963

Finally got the refund. ₹85 credited back to my PayTM account today.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-0b5c06c057494f38b587493bfb2ed76c.png
Old 7th March 2019, 11:45   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Ordered fastag from ICICI bank, got it delivered on 5th day.
I ordered and paid for a fasttag from ICICI through their online portal on 15th Feb. Ideally it should have been received in 8 working days, but haven't received it yet.

Spoke to their customer care and the lady said after some "hold time" that her supervisor would write to the backend team for an update and escalate. She said it gonna take another 6 - 7 working days.

This is completely ridiculous. Is there any way we can escalate this?
Old 7th March 2019, 16:04   #3267
Senior - BHPian

In the last couple of weeks I've not used fastag as I was using another vehicle and then my Paytm account got frozen for KYC documentation.
On the Vellore - Chennai road I actually laughed at the long fastag queue and cars hidden between trucks in the fastag lane, as I whizzed away paying cash. I'm not sure if the chennasamudram and Sriperumbudur tolls are hybrid - there are no signs to indicate this. But till they become hybrid, the fastag users will continue to suffer.
Old 7th March 2019, 16:55   #3268
BHPian

I've been using the ICICI Fastag since a couple of months now, I was of the opinion that all the debits from the Fastag will fetch a cashback of 5%.

I've not received any cashback till date. Checked the statements from the last 3 months but no credit entry apart from the deposits.

Am I missing something?
Old 7th March 2019, 17:09   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
I've been using the ICICI Fastag since a couple of months now, I was of the opinion that all the debits from the Fastag will fetch a cashback of 5%.

I've not received any cashback till date. Checked the statements from the last 3 months but no credit entry apart from the deposits.

Am I missing something?
Not sure but the cashback offer was valid till first/second quarter of 2018. Again, not sure.

I am in the same boat too.
Old 7th March 2019, 21:23   #3270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Not sure but the cashback offer was valid till first/second quarter of 2018. Again, not sure.

I am in the same boat too.

As per my account statement, they have processed the cash back till October, 2018. And as per ICICI/Fastag website, this 5% cash back is applicable till March, 2019.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks