Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2018, 16:18   #3046
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
...As you can see thanks to hybrid lanes / all lanes Fastag enabled, there is same queue in all lanes. What a pathetic implementation of this!...
Not sure if this is a planned one and all the toll plazas would have a similar setup. Raikal Plaza (After Shadnagar) on the way to Bangalore from Hyderabad also has been setup the same way. all the Lanes are Fast Tag Enabled. This was under construction for some time and is operative from last week. Also heard that Toll Plaza at Kurnool(Pullur Tol Plaza) will also be setup in a similar way.
Old 3rd December 2018, 18:45   #3047
BHPian

I see that ICICI website is now allowing us to fill the details online along with scan option for both RC card and ID proof for getting a new fastag. Has anyone used this feature from ICICI back to get a Fastag? How was experience and how fast do we get the tag from them?
I do have an ICICI bank account, is there a way to link the Fastag account to the ICICI account for easy refills?
Old 9th December 2018, 09:59   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Was surprised, while returning back from Chikmagalur yesterday, by the situation at all toll gates on Hassan-Bangalore highway. While all other lines were seeing long queues (entire Bangalore was returning?), the FasTag line had no takers. We drive into the FasTag line of each toll plaza like a VIP and exited in less than a minute while the other cars who overtook us before were squabbling with each other. We had our 'collar-up' moments. I guess FasTag will see more orders after this.
The PayTm fiasco begins, my tag is not dispatched, customer care said we are looking into this. I already emailed them my RC copy on 3rd December as post ordering on 20th November, i did not get any link to register my details online. Standard message we will follow up on dispatch.I was able to open the below link now. https://register-fastag.paytm.com

But after capturing everything and entering all the details i am unable to submit. It keep giving error on ID proof box, does not matter if i select Aadhar Car, Pan or Passport or Driving license. Post entering the details a red box comes up and it says you must use this format : Please select ID Proof.I am pretty frustrated with PayTM as of now i have a travel next weekend for which i had ordered the Fastag and its nowhere in sight. Any suggestions and options or escalation path to follow to resolve the above issue would be appreciated.
Old 9th December 2018, 14:40   #3049
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news from Hyderabad.

Quote:
After conducting trials and tests on the RFID FASTag Electronic Toll Collection System on the Outer Ring Road (ORR) for nearly a month, the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) is all set to roll out the system from December 11.

News link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 14:08   #3050
Distinguished - BHPian

Suffered my first double debit in KIAL exit today using my ICICIB FASTag.

I had paid by cash (return ticket 130 bucks) on the way in because a huge trailer truck had blocked the FT lane. On the way out, I remembered to go into a non-FT lane but absentmindedly went to the adjoining one (to the FT lane). Scanned by paper receipt and left but message received shortly that I had been debited 85 bucks through ETC FT.

Uploaded a dispute with a scan of the paper receipt. Hoping for a smooth resolution!
Old 10th December 2018, 14:38   #3051
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Uploaded a dispute with a scan of the paper receipt. Hoping for a smooth resolution!
These guys needs to be pulled up since it is a common malpractice by them. Inspite of oral assurance of not being charged and then it gets deducted.

Another interesting con was tried on me yesterday at Devanahalli toll towards Bangalore. There was a car ahead of me, that passed the entry and when it approached the gate, the toll post closed. The security went and said something to the owner and then he moved to the paid line, since there was a provision to cross to the lane.

I went in, the same thing happened! Again the security appraoched me and asked me to move to the paid lane, which I was about to do. But immediately I saw another car driving past on the rear view and gate remaining open, luckily I could tail gate and get off the toll. I know it was a risky move. But 5 Mts later I get the sms of toll deduction!

If I had moved to the paid line, am sure they would have asked me to pay, saying the fastag did not work. And would have got double charged. Same excuse was given at Tumkur Road 3rd toll from city on my onward journey, lady at counter charged 20 bucks saying fastag not working and after a while I receive an sms that it was charged.

Fastag is becoming a menace more than a benefit with such issues or malpractices!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 15:04   #3052
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If Fastag scanner doesnt read the tag, i have always asked them to manually scan using the handheld scanner and it then works.

Also with the excellent alternative toll free road available to the airport, why would anyone want to use the toll road ? Ever since the Chikkajala road opened up i have only been using that road to enter and exit ! Paying 130 rupees is a criminal waste of money and also we have been paying toll ever since the road was under construction !
Old 10th December 2018, 15:05   #3053
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Another interesting con was tried on me yesterday at Devanahalli toll towards Bangalore.
If this was the toll plaza on the Hyderabad side/Trumpet exchange, it isn't an issue based on my experince here a few times, have also mentioned in earlier posts.
Assuming you were in the right most lane (Exclusive for Fastag), when the barrier did not open, if you exit to immediate adjacent lane on left, at the booth just tell them you have the Fastag (usually even this isn't necessary since it is auto-detected) and the barrier will open. In all my recent experiences at this toll, was charged the right amount just once.
Old 10th December 2018, 15:12   #3054
BHPian

Quote:

I had paid by cash (return ticket 130 bucks) on the way in because a huge trailer truck had blocked the FT lane. On the way out, I remembered to go into a non-FT lane but absentmindedly went to the adjoining one (to the FT lane). Scanned by paper receipt and left but message received shortly that I had been debited 85 bucks through ETC FT.

If the receipt has your vehicle number in full, then they will definitely refund or it will get refunded automatically.
Old 10th December 2018, 18:57   #3055
BHPian

Quote:

I had a double debit back in Jan, 2017. I had to run pillar to post to get it corrected. PGPortal came to the rescue in the end. ICICI fastag was escalating the issue whenever I raised it and did nothing to resolve.
NHAI intervened and did the needful. All I had was the transaction statements from Fastag and the receipt of the cash paid.
Link (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
Old 11th December 2018, 13:11   #3056
BHPian

What would be the best location for placing the Fastag ID? I plan on fitting a dashcam later behind the IRVM, so I might have to fit Fastag of the left topmost side of the windshield.
Considering the issues with the devices failing to scan Fastag IDs, would it be wise to fit it on the left side?
Old 11th December 2018, 13:42   #3057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Considering the issues with the devices failing to scan Fastag IDs, would it be wise to fit it on the left side?
There are no issues in fixing it on the left side of the windshield. I have had it there on 3 cars and have made maybe 500 toll booth crossings; never have I had any issue with that position.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 14:51   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
What would be the best location for placing the Fastag ID?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I got it pasted on the slightly right side under IRVM. The perfect place to paste the Fastag is exactly under the IRVM. However, I have my dashcam setup under the IRVM. So, I pasted it on the right side of IRVM. It works perfectly for me.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 10:29   #3059
Senior - BHPian

An article on how FASTtag is essentially a 'slowtag' ,which is quite true at present.

Taken from today's edition of Deccan Herald, Bangalore edition.(p12)

http://www.deccanheraldepaper.com/
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fasttag.png  

tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 10:52   #3060
BHPian

After wasting 23 days Paytm has cancelled my Fastag order placed on 20th November. I am wondering if getting this is really worth it as i have wasted lot of my time and effort on this. Plus the negatives of lanes not working, double charge and other stuff. Guess i will give up on putting this one up. I have a long trip planned next week onward where it could have come in handy and i could have tried the same. Thanks to Paytm its gone for a toss. No more wasting time on this. Until and unless the situation improves i will put this to rest.

Most Viewed