Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:51   #3796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I believe the fasttag option on imobile will be available if you have a bank account with ICICI. I only have credit cards and do not see the fasttag option.

I do have bank account too. I believe it is not available in the iOS app. But not too sure.
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:56   #3797
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I do have bank account too. I believe it is not available in the iOS app. But not too sure.
I'm having ICICI Previlege account. That could be the reason. May be .Not sure though.
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:03   #3798
Team-BHP Support

Those of you who have received sms about Fastag issuance, how long did it take to receive the rfid tag though courier?
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:23   #3799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Those of you who have received sms about Fastag issuance, how long did it take to receive the rfid tag though courier?
If you are talking about today, don't forget the load on each of the providers due to December mandate. Otherwise you have details on how long it has taken with most of the popular providers too if you scroll back to posts from last 3 years.

I am very sure that the old turnaround times won't hold good for many given the fact that many of the late adapters of Fastag are frantically ordering these tags now.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:30   #3800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am very sure that the old turnaround times won't hold good for many given the fact that many of the late adapters of Fastag are frantically ordering these tags now.
I am thinking of people who just got their tag in the last week or so. Those times will be more realistic.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:35   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
I've recieved icici fastag on 4th day from ordering online here in Mumbai.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:35   #3802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of people who just got their tag in the last week or so. Those times will be more realistic.
Absolutely. I have had queries on where to order one for and the main question that comes to my mind is who is better given the current circumstances.

There are users who vouch for PayTM for ease of recharge(UPI recharge equates all) , Equitas being the fastest till ICICI too started shipping it in record time.

Many still are not aware that Fastag is supplied by banks too. I am more keen on how things will work starting Dec 1 onwards.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:43   #3803
BANNED

This fast tag is being implemented by a private company called Indian highways mgnt. Co.

As per the records at registrar of companies it’s main businesses are: Legal, accounting, book-keeping and auditing activities; tax consultancy; market research and public opinion polling; business and management consultancy

None of that seems remotely related to rfid or taking your kyc and bank details.

It’s other partners are toll concessionaires (pvt.) and pvt. banks plus two or three psu banks.

Also why do they need to be involved in public opinion polling?

Seems very shady. Do you trust them with your money?

On a side note you can have boom barriers before and after each vehicle, keeping you in the rfid readable area until the process goes through the various layers of authentication.

As long as you aren’t Sonny Corleone.

Last edited by hangover : 23rd November 2019 at 16:49.
hangover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:05   #3804
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am more keen on how things will work starting Dec 1 onwards.
Exactly!
I'm wondering if all lanes (ok maybe all but one for hybrid to support other payment modes) are to be made Fastag lanes, are all plazas already physically equipped with the infrastructure for sensors (built-in and hand held) ? I'm keeping fingers crossed. And in the event that there are just too many non-fastag cars vying for that single hybrid/cash lane, we can imagine the chaos. I'm guessing, some of the tolls will be made a "free pass" for a few days till everyone procures tags, remember something like that was done during the initial days of the demonetisation period as well. It'll also be very close to the year end festive season when lots of people travel by road!

Last edited by NPV : 23rd November 2019 at 17:08.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 18:01   #3805
BHPian

Has anyone got the Fastag from Toll Plazas or from any establishment for free. How was the experience?
Old 23rd November 2019, 18:12   #3806
BHPian

Received this sms today from Mandovi motors - Maruti service center, Mangalore.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574512805.500567.jpg

So now you can buy from service centers, i guess.
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 18:20   #3807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
NHAI is now giving FASTags free of cost to encourage switch to e-tolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Paytm is running a Free FAstag campaign. Not much is free - Rs.100 Tag charge is free and Minimum balance of Rs.150+Rs.250 refundable deposit is still payable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is the fastag being given free at toll plazas? So i just get it and recharge online? Do i need my car or can i just go in person and pick it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Has anyone got the Fastag from Toll Plazas or from any establishment for free. How was the experience?
Got to know about the free Fastag thingy last night and as luck would have it, I had a long drive lined up for today. Got my free Fastag from the Dankuni Toll Plaza here in WB. NO charges are to be payable, not even the security deposit. Basically, a blank tag is given to you and you can recharge it as and when you need to. NHAI is paying the card fee and the security deposit on your behalf.

Red Liner asked if he needed to take his car along with him and atleast here in WB, they allowed you to take a tag without your car. But you need to take a photo of the front and back plates of the car and WhatsApp it to the Fastag guy at the kiosk then and there, so make sure to carry the photos on your phone. Basically, he has to upload photos of the car's plates on his app, so he just needs the photos on his phone. Please remember to carry your car's RC too, that was the only document they checked, since they need to enter the chassis number on the app.

Quick heads up though, as for all things free, there's a huge crowd at these kiosks at toll plazas. A couple of old gentlemen I spoke to said they got their tags after waiting for 3+ hours.

Photos of the tag on my car's windshield:
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191123_155241.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191123_155231.jpg

Last edited by boniver : 23rd November 2019 at 18:21.
boniver is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 18:51   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
However, if you use Fastag, it will deduct ₹35 both way even if you travel within 24 hours. So if you want to save money, you have to take the cash lane. However, when you take the cash lane, just because there is a fastag in the car, it is also deducting from the Fastag in addition to the cash he is paying. It is a bloody nightmare.

This is not true. I have used Fastag several times for return journeys within 24hrs and it deducts the return amount based on the double fare. It doesn't deduct a single far again.

Only issue I have been facing with Fastag is that some NHAI tolls have discounts for cars with local registration number and there is no way to get this through Fastag currently. For e.g. a toll near me has 30% discount for local residents with local registration number but cannot use it with Fastag and only can avail the discount by paying cash.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:12   #3809
Senior - BHPian

Got Axis bank fastag account via Pratham Motors Bangalore. They charged 500 Rupees but the initial balance will be 200 as per them. Need to check the reality.
It was quite fast and got the tag in just 15 min. after visiting their showroom. They asked for Aadhar and RC copy. Once enabled one OTP was sent to me and using that they enabled the account. Hopefully things will be smooth now.
I have pasted my other car's tag on top left corner (when seen from inside the car) of the wind shield, is that OK? Will the sensors be able to read that or is it a wrong position?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 23rd November 2019 at 19:15.
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:24   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Got Axis bank fastag account via Pratham Motors Bangalore. They charged 500 Rupees but the initial balance will be 200 as per them. Need to check the reality.
It was quite fast and got the tag in just 15 min. after visiting their showroom. They asked for Aadhar and RC copy. Once enabled one OTP was sent to me and using that they enabled the account. Hopefully things will be smooth now.
I have pasted my other car's tag on top left corner (when seen from inside the car) of the wind shield, is that OK? Will the sensors be able to read that or is it a wrong position?

General recommendation is to paste it in the middle behind the IRVM or slightly off-center toward the left. The reason behind the later is to aid those people with handheld scanners from scanning the tag easily without them leaning too much on the vehicle in process.

Most Viewed