Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 08:53   #3901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I just stuck it right in the top middle of the windscreen just under the main rear view mirror.
Old 28th November 2019, 09:28   #3902
Senior - BHPian

I do not have the option of sticking it on the top middle part of the windscreen as I have a dash cam right below the rear view mirror which itself is stuck on the glass.

So I will have to stick it on the top left part of the windscreen. Hope that is not going to be a problem.

P.S: I got the Paytm FT yesterday but I cant see the INR 150 balance in my wallet. I paid INR 500 for the tag and 150 bucks was for initial balance.
Old 28th November 2019, 09:43   #3903
Distinguished - BHPian

How do I check what the balance on the fastag account is? Is there an NHAI dedicated app or something to keep an eye on transactions?
Old 28th November 2019, 09:53   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I do not have the option of sticking it on the top middle part of the windscreen as I have a dash cam right below the rear view mirror which itself is stuck on the glass.

So I will have to stick it on the top left part of the windscreen. Hope that is not going to be a problem.

P.S: I got the Paytm FT yesterday but I cant see the INR 150 balance in my wallet. I paid INR 500 for the tag and 150 bucks was for initial balance.
Hi Pancham, may I know if the Paytm fastag you received is already activated? I have ordered for a fastag in Paytm and I wonder if it will come activated or not.

It asked me to upload only photo of my car's RC card. Once we placed the order will there be any further formalities like verification etc?
Old 28th November 2019, 10:22   #3905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Short answer - by simply looking up on internet before pasting the tag arbitrarily

Search and ye shall find - Team BHP forum threads have a lot of first hand accounts from various members about how/where to paste the tags.
Wholly agree . With Uncle Google around, people should stop asking silly questions, and just Google.

By the way, I would advise removing all unused RFID tags fitted on your car including the dormant factory-fitted RFIDs or unused car park boom barrier tags etc.

Multiple tags increase FASTag response times as the FASTag reader RF waves will energize all RF tags within range, and then 'listen' for the correct encrypted response. Better to remove the unused ones with the advantage of also cleaning up the windshield!

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th November 2019 at 10:23.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 11:02   #3906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Road_Rover View Post
Hi Pancham, may I know if the Paytm fastag you received is already activated? I have ordered for a fastag in Paytm and I wonder if it will come activated or not.

It asked me to upload only photo of my car's RC card. Once we placed the order will there be any further formalities like verification etc?
Exactly my query. My Paytm app does not show any tagged Fastag. They have sent an Application Form with the Fastag. Not sure what that is for. The step by step guidance booklet does not say anything about activation. I called up the helpline but no one answered. I have a trip coming up on the 7th of Dec. I will post here if I get any updates.

Can anyone using Paytm FT help us out?

EDIT: Apologies. Figured out. There is a FT sub-wallet. It is activated after they validate your RC. So technically you are good to go as soon as you receive the tag. No other formalities/activation required from our end.

Last edited by Pancham : 28th November 2019 at 11:15.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:45   #3907
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How do I check what the balance on the fastag account is? Is there an NHAI dedicated app or something to keep an eye on transactions?
Not sure about other providers, but if you have an ICICI Fastag, you can use their app (you can also use the ICICI Fastag portal to check the balance).
Link to earlier post - here (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by NPV : 28th November 2019 at 11:46.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:46   #3908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Every FASTag issuer has a dedicated portal where you can register, login, transact and view account information.

There is also the MyFASTag app released by Indian Highways Management Company Ltd through which you can do a whole lot of FASTag related tasks. It is intended as an all in one app, and going by my experience in using it a few times, does its job well. (But I have faced inordinate delays too, at times; forcing me to fall back upon the issuing bank's online portal. So, it could be a hit or miss.)

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191128_1137451069x2223.jpg

MyFASTag

Last edited by dailydriver : 28th November 2019 at 12:01.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:05   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
EDIT: Apologies. Figured out. There is a FT sub-wallet. It is activated after they validate your RC. So technically you are good to go as soon as you receive the tag. No other formalities/activation required from our end.
Wow, Just now I checked my Paytm app. There is something new started showing up when I click on "Passbook" that is Fastag wallet with Rs.150/- balance. This is an indication that my Paytm wallet is linked with Fastag successfully even though I haven't yet received my fastag yet. See picture. [IMG]C:\Users\310192830\Desktop\Screenshot_20191128-115631.png[/IMG]
Old 28th November 2019, 12:28   #3910
Senior - BHPian

Guys, normally how many days will take to receive the Tag from ICICI?

I have applied on the 14th of this month and not yet received the Tag. Customer ID number has been allotted and account already opened according to their website.

I have raised a complaint but no reply received either
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:29   #3911
BHPian

Another Noob question.

Will the fastag be a universal one across the country or will we need to require separate RFIDs for National Highways and state highways and other tolled roads (e.g. entry points in Mumbai, Bandra-worli Sea link, etc.)

I tried going through past 10-15 pages but didnt get a clear answer.

Regards,
Old 28th November 2019, 12:57   #3912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
I tried going through past 10-15 pages but didnt get a clear answer.
Come on, Rahul! It's only ONE FASTag across India - that is the whole point.

MoRTH is hellbent on including even the more exotic private toll operators to get onto the bandwagon.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:58   #3913
BHPian

Hi guys,
I wanted to know what charges are to be paid for fastag. My dealer had charged 600 for HDFC fastag generation with 200 as balance. Paytm seems to he offering it at 400. I would like to know if it is better to use any one over the other considering ease of use, customer support and recharge etc. Can anyone who jas used please answer..
Old 28th November 2019, 13:05   #3914
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Will the fastag be a universal one across the country or will we need to require separate RFIDs for National Highways and state highways and other tolled roads (e.g. entry points in Mumbai, Bandra-worli Sea link, etc.)
There is a list of toll plazas that are currently fastag enabled. The list is provided in the NETC website. There is a list of 526 tolls across the country:
https://www.npci.org.in/sites/all/th...%20-%20PDF.pdf
Old 28th November 2019, 13:22   #3915
BHPian

KSRTC has requested an Extension for the FasTag deadline of December 1st.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72266933.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks