Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 19:40   #4036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
What else did you expect? I may sound pessimistic here but I am not surprised at all.
I expected the same. Just mentioned that others shouldn't be expecting magic
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:13   #4037
Senior - BHPian

The only gripe with Paytm fastag i have experienced is delay in deduction from wallet and the messages. Our car did a round trip of Punjab recently and I got toll deduction messages after couple of days. Even for local toll booth it always gets deducted the next day.
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:32   #4038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
How to check Tag despatch status in the ICICI Fastag app or website.?

I have applied on 14th November and ICICI web is updated with a customer ID and vehicle number, etc. Only Tag has to be received for which I have already raised 3 complaints which also showing on the website but no action/reply to that from ICICI.

Tried several times to call their customer care number (toll free as well as paid number), but always not reachable.??
Same problem for me, online account created on the ICICI Portal ,all details visible, but no RFID received yet , or showing up in the portal. TollFree and Toll-both numbers are not reachable. @nairrk- How did you raise a complaint, I will also raise one, though not hoping for anything. I have a long highway drive coming up after the 15th. Does anyone know the ICICI Branches that are designated as POS in Bangalore ? The website does not seem to list any.
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:33   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
S
Heck, by Nov 30 deadline, I expected all lanes to display FASTAG ONLY with one lane with CASH ONLY signs but none of the booths had this. This is very important if you want to let people know that cash only lane is also there if you want to pay by cash.
Actually most tolls in the Bangalore-Coimbatore stretch had this. Basically the lanes which used to say Fastag/Cash had the "Cash" sign covered.

There were also large boards which said keep to the left most lane ( or 2/3 lanes in some booths) and all the other lanes are for fastag only.

Obviously there were no forced diversions of cash users (except in Omalur where I think they were doing some sort of a trial run) given the date was postponed but looked like the tolls were prepared for the Dec 1st deadline.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:57   #4040
Distinguished - BHPian

Implementation of mandatory FASTag is going to be a huge challenge. I don't think asking cash users to pay double etc.. is the way to go. Rather incentivise tag users by giving discounts (for a limited period, say, 20% for a year) on the current rates while cash users pay full. This way you avoid fights and arguments from cash users at toll gates. Nothing like a solid discount to wake up the nation from their slumber. And then for continued patronage announce a discount of Rs. 500/- or so per year per tag. Continue this for a few years till fastag becomes a way of life on our highways and then maybe reduce it to a token amount so that people don't become lazy and stop recharging their tags.

Also there needs to be a framework in place to penalise toll operators with faulty scanners and wrong implementation of the lane systems.
Santoshbhat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 22:48   #4041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Same problem for me, online account created on the ICICI Portal ,all details visible, but no RFID received yet , or showing up in the portal. TollFree and Toll-both numbers are not reachable. @nairrk- How did you raise a complaint, I will also raise one, though not hoping for anything. I have a long highway drive coming up after the 15th. Does anyone know the ICICI Branches that are designated as POS in Bangalore ? The website does not seem to list any.
To raise a complaint - Log in to ICICI Fastag, you will be taken to 'Account summary'' page, click on 'Help Desk' (right top corner) > request information/inquirires > fill up the details/complaint > 'submit';.

You will be given a complaint/ticket number also same will be sent to your registered number.
nairrk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 00:24   #4042
Senior - BHPian

Got my Fastag from Paytm yesterday, Dec 1st, I was out of town and the delivery person asked for OTP and handed the package to my security over phone. Process was smooth and arrived before the time promised which was Dec 4th. I was envious of the cars with Fastag's swish past without wasting time at the Toll Plaza. I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 3rd December 2019 at 00:26.
Old 3rd December 2019, 01:04   #4043
BHPian

Used my paytm fastag for the first time today and have a bitter experience to share.
I topped up ₹500 in my paytm main wallet before the trip. There are 2 toll plazas from Aligarh to Agra. In the morning, my car passed through both toll plazas easily. ₹30 was deducted for each toll booth making my total balance to ₹440.
But, while returning at night, second toll booth displayed my fastag as blacklisted and barrier didn't open. I then paid ₹30 in cash, then only barrier opened. Upon reaching home, I checked paytm balance. It's showing ₹440 in my main wallet and ₹150 in fastag toll wallet, but at the same time, it's also showing- insufficient balance to pay at toll.
Please help me out.
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:23   #4044
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Source:Indian express, Bangalore edition Dec 3, 2019

Tech now links toll plazas, sends alerts to track vehicle movement in crimes

Quote:
In what could be a feather in the cap for Tamil Nadu police, a project launched two weeks ago that links all toll plazas across the state has won recognition in the All India Police Science Congress held in Lucknow (AIPSC).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:02   #4045
BHPian

I have a feeling that government could have implemented fastag method of payment in much smarter ways, like:

1) Don't ask cash users to pay twice the toll fee, instead give discount to fastag users. Let's say 30% to start with. This is the smartest way to fastag-ify everybody quickly.
2) Before giving the deadlines to users like Dec 1st, Dec 15th etc, first prepare yourself well in the toll booths. Check all your equipment and sensors are working fine.
3) Deploy police force instead of toll security in all the toll booths for the first one month of the mandatory fastag payment implementation. In this way fights and altercations can be avoided.
4) Consider locals, hear them out and make a good arrangement for them in the toll booths before starting fastag payment.
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:04   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
I believe that this is a great initiative if

I have ordered a Fastag through Paytm. The ordering experience has been great. Just had to upload a picture of the RC. I paid 500 INR and I can already see 150 in the fastag wallet. However I think there is a major delay in delivery. I am in Pune and I ordered it on Nov 17th. The fastag is supposed to be shipped only today (Nov 29th) and I am supposed to receive it only on Dec 2nd. But I think once I have it, its going to be breeze to use it given the user friendliness of paytm. :
My Paytm Fastag was shipped on Nov 29th and received it on 30th. Earlier in Paytm, one had to move cash to the Fastag wallet. Now that's not the case. There is a default 150 INR in the wallet and you just have to add sufficient cash to the Paytm wallet. Appears that the toll amount would get deducted from the Paytm wallet and register that as a Fastag transaction. I find this to be a very cool feature, easiest by far I guess. Next thing to see is how this works. Never used a Fastag in my life. This weekend I plan to have this tested on NH48 Thergaon Plaza (old Pune-Bombay highway). I will let know how that fares

Paytm Fastag, came neatly packed:
Name:  ft1.PNG
Views: 1073
Size:  442.6 KB

Neatly stuck under the rear mirror:
Name:  ft2.PNG
Views: 1018
Size:  572.6 KB
Tygerman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:30   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Actually most tolls in the Bangalore-Coimbatore stretch had this. Basically the lanes which used to say Fastag/Cash had the "Cash" sign covered.

There were also large boards which said keep to the left most lane ( or 2/3 lanes in some booths) and all the other lanes are for fastag only.

Obviously there were no forced diversions of cash users (except in Omalur where I think they were doing some sort of a trial run) given the date was postponed but looked like the tolls were prepared for the Dec 1st deadline.
Yes, same with the Chennai - Madurai route, where most tolls had the clear demarcation of Fastag/Cash lanes. There was more than 1 cash lane, and it was being monitored and I had a fairly hassle free journey. The only toll which continues to irritate is the one after the haritam restaurant on the way to Madurai. All lanes/All vehicles allowed here alone
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:53   #4048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hmm interesting! ...
One point makes me curious. I got the Fastag with my new car. As per PayTM app, the fastag seems registered to the VIN number and doesn't mention my registration number anywhere. What happens in this case? Do I mention my VIN number to the operator? If so then the operators can't make bogus claims just looking at my regn. no.
I got this changed recently. You need to raise a ticket and attach a copy of your RC post which the registration number will be updated. On your other point, you don't have to mention your number to any operator. The tag once read will display your registration no / VIN number on the toll display. IIRC the toll operators cannot debit your tag with just the car number and it has to be scanned.

I've been using Paytm Fastag for a year now and have had no major issue. Only on a recent trip on the Pune Satara road I was charged 4 times for the same toll which was corrected after I raised a ticket.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 3rd December 2019 at 10:56.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:01   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I tried two separate service providers for my two cars ( not sure it was a smart move in the long run..) - ICICI Bank and Equitas.

- both applications made on 22nd November.
- there was no need for photos of the car as i had read it somewhere earlier in the forum. i had to scan and upload an ID proof (picked from a list of options given), and the car's RC . thats it.
- The Equitas tag arrived yesterday ; i.e. 27th November. So, lead time of 5 days.
- I got an SMS from ICICI bank on 26th November that Fast Tag number has been assigned to my car. I eventually managed to register and log into the ICICI fastag page, and it shows tag as active. I haven't received it yet. I don't remember seeing any dispatch message. I guess it should be on the way, I will update once I receive it.

Edit: I saw another post earlier in this thread on not receiving ICICI tag yet. Hmm.. Looks like they are slow in dispatching/delivering the tags. Let me wait for a couple of days on the ICICI tag, before starting to worry.
I finally received by ICICI fastag yesterday - so , around 10 days delivery time in my case for ICICI.
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:07   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Quick query: Does a two wheeler too need a fastag to use the NH?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks