Old 5th December 2019, 08:12   #4081

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Originally Posted by boniver View Post
A friend..
He seems to stuck it at a corner? Was it working as expected? Isnt center of the windshield the optimum location?
Old 5th December 2019, 08:15   #4082

Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Is this the right place to affix Fastag, isn't it behind the IVRM and center of the front windshield? Or does it really matter?
Old 5th December 2019, 08:44   #4083

Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Is this the right place to affix Fastag, isn't it behind the IVRM and center of the front windshield? Or does it really matter?
I have attached it to exactly other corner of car. Have not tested it yet though. My concern is if it fails to get detected, I cannot remove it without damaging. I know I pasted it in a hurry 5 months back since this rule of 1st December was not in action. I hope it gets detected anywhere on the windshield.
The position shown in the pic could obstruct a tall driver in my opinion. When checked with a friend abroad for any such stickers on windshield he mentioned it should be away from driver's seat and hence pasted it in that way on my Tiago. For Ertiga I will paste it in center and see if it makes any difference.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 5th December 2019 at 08:47.
Old 5th December 2019, 08:45   #4084
NPV

Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Blacklisted seems a strong term. Anyway, once blacklisted, how does one get it un-blacklisted? Simply by recharging the tag account?
So far, I'm only aware of blacklisting due to insufficient balance and that needs just a top up and one s good to go. I even had once such instance that was a false alarm when the toll's Fastag digital display showed "Blacklisted Tag" despite there being sufficient balance, and the toll staff just waved me on (possibly aware that it wasn't functioning properly) and it worked at other tolls without any issues. Not sure if there are other real scenarios when tags are blacklisted.

Originally Posted by SideView View Post
He seems to stuck it at a corner? Was it working as expected? Isnt center of the windshield the optimum location?
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Shouldn't be problem as long as the tag is below the ceramic frit on the edges of the windshield and not too close to the car's factory fitted RFID sticker or any other RFID sticker.
On my WagonR, I followed the Maruti Fastag pdf and stuck it on the front passenger side just beside the ORVM like this (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 08:53   #4085

Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Shouldn't be problem as long as the tag is below the ceramic frit on the edges of the windshield and not too close to the car's factory fitted RFID sticker or any other RFID sticker.
On my WagonR, I followed the Maruti Fastag pdf and stuck it on the front passenger side just beside the ORVM like this (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)
Hey, does it work flawlessly in multiple toll booths? I have pasted in exactly the same location (a little towards the side edge of the car) in my Tiago.
Old 5th December 2019, 08:58   #4086
NPV

Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hey, does it work flawlessly in multiple toll booths? I have pasted in exactly the same location (a little towards the side edge of the car) in my Tiago.
Yes, so far it has worked just fine, but this car hasn't done too many highway runs after the tag was fixed - I think I've done couple of runs to Vaniyambadi so it has worked at all the tolls on this route - BETL, Attibele, Krishnagiri, Vaniyambadi.

*I've used cellophane tape to stick it and currently it is stuck at the location recommended by Maruti in the Fastag pdf, but I can change it if necessary

Since you say side edge, hope it isn't too close to the factory fitted RFID tag ?

Last edited by NPV : 5th December 2019 at 09:00.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:15   #4087

Since you say side edge, hope it isn't too close to the factory fitted RFID tag ?
Fortunately there is no other tag on my Tiago, however there is one on Ertiga. So I need to paste it near center for Ertiga.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:22   #4088

Are the fasttags still given out for free? The toll booth seems to be offering paytm ones for 500Rs.

Also i just asked what happens to people with exceptions for tolls , he mentioned there wont be anymore exceptions. ( will ask someone else once more)
Old 5th December 2019, 09:23   #4089

Has anybody been successful in recharging the tag using UPI (car regn. num@ bankname) ? I've Axis tag and seems not functional yet, though their website claims that one of the method.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:39   #4090

Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Blacklisted seems a strong term. Anyway, once blacklisted, how does one get it un-blacklisted? Simply by recharging the tag account? Or is there some other elaborate procedure? Hope it's the former. The latter is too much to expect when one is in the road out there.
You are right. The actual term used for the list consulted before you enter a toll lane is "Exception List". This is a super-list consisting of multiple lists, like Blacklist, Low-Balance List, Exemption List, Hotlist etc. Each of these sub-lists have their own entry/exit criteria and procedures. For the Low-Balance List, it is just making sure having tag balance > threshold balance.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:51   #4091

Yes, you can add the second one to the same customer Id (and same portal login)

You can also upload details of the second car yourself and make a payment by recharging your tag account - this method is explained in a recent post.
Link to post (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
Thanks NPV, I missed those earlier posts. I don't really see an advantage of having both tags on ICICI other than a single management window. I am planning to go with Paytm since my second car is hardly used and Paytm doesn't need balance to be maintained explicitly in the Tag account.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:56   #4092

Hello friends,

This is a nicely maintained thread. I have been following this for some days.

I just got my Fastag from ICICI a few days back. I have used it only once - from Pune to Mumbai. It worked okay for me - so far so good.

Due to some points I saw in the thread, I was curious about the finer details.

Just today, I got this email to a link https://updatedyou.com/fastag/

For those of you who are unwilling to click links, I have put the main text below:

FASTag mandatory for all vehicles from Dec 1: How To Buy, Activate And Recharge Nov 26, 2019

FASTag will become mandatory for all vehicles, private and commercial, from December 1, 2019. These are currently issued by 22 certified banks through various channels such as Point-of-Sale (POS) at National Highway toll plazas and bank branches.

Nitin Gadkari, the Road Transport and Highways Minister, has announced that FASTags will become mandatory for all vehicles, private and commercial, from December 1, 2019. And according to the report, vehicles without FASTags will have to now pay up twice the normal rate at toll gates across the country.

Therefore, it is important that you get one fast if you don’t have it already; you just have a week left.

What are FASTags?
FASTags are prepaid rechargeable tags for toll collection that allow automatic payment deduction from the FASTag, they are normally affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle. With the help of a FASTag, you will not have to stop your vehicle at toll plazas to pay the toll. As soon as the vehicle crosses the toll plaza, the toll fee will get deducted from the bank account/prepaid wallet linked to the FASTag affixed on the vehicle’s windscreen. An activated FASTtag works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. Moreover, these FASTags do not have any expiry date, that is, they can be used as long as they are readable at the toll plaza and do not tamper.

How to buy and activate your FASTag
FASTags are issued by 22 certified banks through various channels such as Point-of-Sale (POS) at National Highway toll plazas and select bank branches. They are also available on the e-commerce platform such as Amazon and Paytm.

Here is how you can do it.
Self-Activation: FASTags are ‘bank-neutral’, that is, no bank is pre-assigned to the FASTag at the time you purchase it from a POS terminal or online platform. The online FASTag is based on the concept of DIY (Do-It-Yourself) where you can self-activate it by entering vehicle details in the ‘My FASTag’ mobile app. Android smartphone users can download the My FASTag app from ‘Google Play Store’ and iPhone users can download the app from ‘Apple Store’.

Thereafter, you have the flexibility to link the FASTag with any one of your existing bank accounts by using the My FASTag Mobile app. The NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) Prepaid wallet facility is also available in My FASTag mobile app, where you can load money and get your toll fee deducted from the prepaid wallet instead of getting it directly deducted from a bank account.

Activate by visiting certified bank branch: You can also buy FASTag by visiting the nearest certified bank branch and get the FASTag linked with your existing bank account.

A detailed list of certified banks providing FASTags:

S. No. Issuing Bank Customer Care Helpline No
1 Axis Bank 1800-419-8585
2 ICICI Bank 1800-2100-104
3 IDFC Bank 1800-266-9970
4 State Bank of India 1800-11-0018
5 HDFC Bank 1800-120-1243
6 Karur Vysya Bank 1800-102-1916
7 EQUITAS Small Finance Bank 1800-419-1996
8 PayTM Payments Bank Ltd 1800-102-6480
9 Kotak Mahindra Bank 1800-419-6606
10 Syndicate Bank 1800-425-0585
11 Federal Bank 1800-266-9520
12 South Indian Bank 1800-425-1809
13 Punjab National Bank 080-67295310
14 Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank 1800-223-993
15 Saraswat Bank 1800-266-9545
16 Fino Payments Bank 1860-266-3466
17 City Union Bank 1800-2587200
18 Bank of Baroda 1800-1034568
19 IndusInd Bank 1860-5005004
20 Yes Bank 1800-1200
21 Union Bank 1800-222244
22 Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd 1800-2667183
At the time of activation, you need to submit the KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation as per the KYC policy of the bank. Apart from the KYC documentation, you need to submit Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle along with the application for FASTag to the bank.

What are the charges for FASTag:
FASTag issued by certified banks can charge a maximum of Rs 100 for each tag, which is fixed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). However, the actual tag issuing charges are defined by the bank and may vary from bank to bank.

The top-up charges may vary from bank to bank and this difference can be seen on respective banks‘ website.

How to recharge your FASTag:
If the FASTag is already linked with your bank account, then there is no need to load money separately in a prepaid wallet. You only need to ensure that your FASTag-linked bank account has sufficient balance to allow for toll payments. However, if you have linked to a prepaid wallet (NHAI prepaid wallet), then it can be recharged through various channels such as payment through cheque or through UPI/debit card/ credit card/ NEFT/ Net Banking. Also, additional charges will be levied while recharging the FASTag account through different channels.

Moreover, there is a cap on the maximum balance which can be kept in the prepaid wallet. As per regulations, these limits are:

For limited KYC account holder: This type of FASTag cannot have more than Rs 20,000 in their FASTag prepaid wallet. The monthly reload limit is also capped at Rs 20,000.

For full KYC account holder: This type of FASTag account cannot have more than Rs 1 lakh in their FASTag prepaid wallet. There is no monthly reload cap in this account, according to the Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) website.

Points To Note:
You cannot use one FASTag with two or more vehicles, you will have to buy two separate FASTags for the two vehicles and so on.

As per the IHMCL website, “If you reside within a range of 10 km from the toll plaza, you can avail a concession on toll to be paid . In such a case, you need to submit the required documents – proof of residence at the bank, nearest POS location to validate that your residential address is within 10 km of a particular toll plaza. Once the address is verified, you can avail a concession on the toll paid via FASTag assigned to your vehicle.

I am not sure how 'authentic' this site is. However, I got a good feeling about it, so I have put it here.

@Moderators - if you feel this needs to be edited or removed or placed somewhere else, please do the needful. Thanking you in advance!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 10:36   #4093

Those of you who have received sms about Fastag issuance, how long did it take to receive the rfid tag though courier?
1. SMS of issuance 25 Nov

2. SMS of Tag ready and despatch in 3-4 days 28 Nov

3. Tag receipt through Blue Dart 03 Dec

This was through HDFC Bank.

I logged in through Chrome (captcha wasn't getting displayed when I tried through IE 11), and created my user ID and Password.

Non 8 character passwords get accepted during first time user login but then one can't login using that password - that is what I experienced.

So far so good - fingers crossed.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th December 2019 at 11:29. Reason: Point #3 = date updated
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 10:39   #4094

Has anyone successfully added their existing local monthly pass (residence being within 5/10/20 km of a NHAI toll booth) to a FASTag?

I need to explore for a local SH toll booth but unsure if they have been FASTagged yet. Will explore over the weekend but just thought to ask first.
Old 5th December 2019, 10:46   #4095
J4J

Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Fed up with their 'no response' attitude
I had also applied for ICICI bank fastag. First time transaction failed and second time it was successful. However amount was debited two times. I contacted ICICI bank and they washed their hands off by saying that the fastag division is different.

Their fastag number is very difficult to reach during office hours (9am - 5pm). After 5pm it is easier(they have 24*7 customer care).

When i contacted the bank they said that if the amount is not showing up on the fastag account it should be refunded in 7 days. After 1 week I got the amount credited back to my account and have received my fastag as well.
J4J is offline   (1) Thanks