Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 20:56   #4201
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Read this article about Fastag on rediff today.
I dont think the article is correct. Fastags are not sold to manufacturers directly. They are sold via banks ( or wallets) only and the dealers need to procure it from their preferred bank and fix it before they deliver the car.

They seem to be confusing the fastag with the separate RFID tag that manufacturers use to track the vehicle during the assembly line or delivery process.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:20   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
2. Brijghat Toll: Amount: INR 55/-. While going to Corbett there were no issues. However, while coming back, the toll guy said my card is blacklisted. Another guy came with a hand held scanner and gave the same response. I was a bit skeptical but had to pay cash. After 30 min I checked my Paytm App and found out that the money was deducted from my Fastag as well. Immediately wrote to Paytm with a picture of the receipt from toll plaza but no response yet. Its been more than 3 days now. Paytm has usually been like this. They just DO NOT RESPOND.
Why did you accept their claim that your tag is blacklisted. The tag is blacklisted only when your balance is less than Rs.100 which is minimum amount required to keep tag active. As you have Paytm fastag, you should have shown them balance in Paytm app there only. These people are cheaters and will adopt every way to make you cash payment even though you have sufficient balance in your Fastag.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:59   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Why did you accept their claim that your tag is blacklisted. The tag is blacklisted only when your balance is less than Rs.100 which is minimum amount required to keep tag active. As you have Paytm fastag, you should have shown them balance in Paytm app there only. These people are cheaters and will adopt every way to make you cash payment even though you have sufficient balance in your Fastag.

I had no option. There was a queue of more than 10-15 cars behind me. After reading so many posts here of users getting similar messages I thought I ran into bad luck too.

Paytm has not refunded the money nor have they responded.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 22:18   #4204
BHPian

PayTM honestly pissed me off with their non-existent customer care for fastag related stuff, but at least I got the tag delivered, 6 days past the expected delivery date.
nigr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 22:47   #4205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I had no option. There was a queue of more than 10-15 cars behind me. After reading so many posts here of users getting similar messages I thought I ran into bad luck too.

Paytm has not refunded the money nor have they responded.
This appears to be fast becoming a fleecing tactic.

You have a tag, it has balance (easily verifiable for Paytm tags), it's the toll operator's problem if their system is 'not working'. In a lot of instances, they just appear keen to double-dip hoping customers won't bother disputing small (individual) amounts, while they make hay when multipled by traffic volume they try it on.

Stand your ground next time, you are in the right on this one.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th December 2019 at 23:39. Reason: Typo.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 23:26   #4206
BHPian

I booked FASTag via AXIS bank on 24th Nov by paying 200 INR.
It was delivered on 8th Dec.
Today I have added 300 rupees in that, I am going to travel on Sunday on toll road.

As mentioned by someone, do we need to maintain 100 rupees balance ?
Old 12th December 2019, 08:36   #4207
Senior - BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
This appears to be fast becoming a fleecing tactic.

You have a tag, it has balance (easily verifiable for Paytm tags), it's the toll operator's problem if their system is 'not working'. In a lot of instances, they just appear keen to double-dip hoping customers won't bother disputing small (individual) amounts, while they make hay when multipled by traffic volume they try it on.

Stand your ground next time, you are in the right on this one.

Yes you are right. And I am not moving next time now that I know this fleecing tactic. Considering we receive the notification of the amount being debited after almost 30 min doesn't help.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:53   #4208
BHPian

I have faced the same. The recharge was very much present, yet they said, it has been blacklisted. I will be traveling shortly, iam not sure what to do now. Should i recharge the existing account and try, or just replace the tag ? No support from any related forums, really sad. If the Gov makes something mandatory then least that can be done is provide support.

Any suggestions are welcome on this by the way.
Old 12th December 2019, 12:05   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
I have faced the same. The recharge was very much present, yet they said, it has been blacklisted. I will be traveling shortly, iam not sure what to do now. Should i recharge the existing account and try, or just replace the tag ? No support from any related forums, really sad. If the Gov makes something mandatory then least that can be done is provide support.

Please go ahead with the same tag. Just recharge it well before starting the journey.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 12:10   #4210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post

Don't bend to these false tactics. They make every claim that tag is blacklisted. This has happened many times with me. So what i do now is open my ICICI Fastag app when i reach toll plaza and show them the balance if they claim that my tag is blacklisted. If you are sure that you have balance then show them on mobile and they won't argue with you further.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:28   #4211
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore bhpians- where are Plaza 1 @ Km14+825 and Kulumapalya toll plaza located ? I see a separate charge of 20 for each of the above plazas with the time between both entries being 10-15 mins.

I wrote to Paytm, thinking it was a duplicate charge but they got back saying it wasn't. However, I don't remember paying Rs.20 twice when using either NH4 or the NH 75,also this only happens when I pass through Nelamangala toll plaza. Is your experience the same ?
Old 12th December 2019, 13:31   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
I had applied for Fastag from HDFC. I am an existing customer and the tag is for a vehicle registered in my dad's name. I applied here on 23rd and paid Rs. 500 and uploaded the documents: https://getprepaidcard.hdfcbank.com/fastag/index.aspx

I got an SMS on the 27th confirming that my tag has been issued and that it has been recharged for Rs. 300. I was able to log in and check the tag account.

Today, I got another SMS confirming that the Fastag wallet has been created and that the card will be dispatched in 4 working days.
There was no further communication from HDFC, yet I received the tag by courier yesterday.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20191212_131211.jpg

So approximately 3 weeks from application to possession of the tag.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:51   #4213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Whatever registration number your car's RTO registration card bears, the number plate should also have the same WITHOUT any change.
RTO card has leading Zero and legally it has to be present in the number plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Is that going to be a problem?

I was not aware of this. My car registration number also in 3 digits and my number plate shows only 3 digits without the '0'. ICICI had already issued me the Fastag without asking any questions on the registration number (customer ID & Tag number also provided) and only waiting for the Tag to arrive.
In that case, I should be able to get one with out issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
For using Fastag, it may not be a problem. But it will be a problem when a cop decides that it is a problem.
I heard somewhere that police check for this in TN. i10 is my second car nad had never gone outside Bangalore city limits, but agreed it can be an issue with cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
All new cars from December 2017 have been Fastagged at dealer level. These cars only the engine-chassis associated. They'll have a license plate number only if the owner decided to associate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Whenever I do actually get a fresh FasTag for this vehicle, I guess I shall have to register it with the VIN No rather than the License Plate No.
I was not aware of the VIN no linking. Will that not make it impossible for the toll folks to validate Tag against a vehicle (or it should not matter as long as the class of vehicle is correct?)
Old 12th December 2019, 14:27   #4214
Senior - BHPian

I got my Icici Fastag yesterday about 9 days after applying. However the tag for my mom's car which I had applied for from the same account at the same time hasn't so let's see.
I setup the account and activated it via the Icici portal however I have run into a slight problem.

I tried to recharge the tag using NEFT since I have an upcoming Mum-Pune trip and the starting balance of Rs 200 isn't sufficient.

I added the beneficiary as directed by the leaflet on the Icici phone app. I couldn't put a name since that option wasn't there as mentioned in the leaflet. The Account number was some letters followed by my tag customer I'd ( ICTAG12345678 or whatever) and IFSC code was of Icici Delhi. This was accepted and saved. Did that last night after setup and obviously couldn't transfer by NEFT at the time and imps isn't accepted.

This morning I did a Rs 500 transfer which went through but it's not reflecting in my Tag account ?
The balance still shows Rs 200 only and the 500 hasn't been transferred back either as a wrong transaction. However there is a heading in the tag account of CUG Balance that shows Rs 500. Is this the recharge amount ? How do I transfer it into my regular Tag balance if so ?
I appreciate any guidance that you guys can provide.

Also a couple of questions for those who used tags on the Mum Pune expressway. Are tagholders still being overcharged ? Did you get a refund ? Also if I remember correctly toll rates are different for Pune and Lonavala so if you are only heading to Lonavala is the full amount still deducted ?
Old 12th December 2019, 14:52   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

This morning I did a Rs 500 transfer which went through but it's not reflecting in my Tag account ?
The balance still shows Rs 200 only and the 500 hasn't been transferred back either as a wrong transaction. However there is a heading in the tag account of CUG Balance that shows Rs 500. Is this the recharge amount ? How do I transfer it into my regular Tag balance if so ?
I appreciate any guidance that you guys can provide.
You should be able to transfer it to your tag by going to the payments menu --> CUG Balance transfer to your specific tag which will be listed here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks