Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 16:56   #4246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My cousin had ordered for PayTM FasTag on 22nd November and he is yet to receive it. Worst issue is that they have gone incommunicado.
So the people at PayTm have cancelled the order by themselves, no explanation whatsoever.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191214wa0016__01.jpg

Now he is stuck without a FasTag.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 18:27   #4247
Senior - BHPian

Govt relaxes FASTag rollout mandate, at least 75% toll lanes must collect fee electronically from December 15

Govt has temporarily relaxed an earlier mandate for 100% electronic toll collection on National highways.

Read:
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:10   #4248
BHPian

hey all,

got my self a fastag from IHCML via the myfastag app which then forwarded it to amazon. well that was last week and since its always out of stock i had i had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive. however to be on safer side i ordered total of 6 tags of 2 orders each since limit was 3 per order. there are bank independent tags at re1 with a delivery charge of rs 64.

they arrived in 1 weeks time one after the other. however when the first order arrived and i tried to activate it wasn't working. i noticed the silver strip was rounded on the edges on this particular order of 3 tags. i placed a complaint via ihcl 1033 helpline number and they said they will sort the issue in a weeks time.

so the next day the other pack arrived with 3 tags. these tags the silver strip were square in shape like various fastags i googled. i scanned the tag with the myfastag app otp came to my entered the vahan details and voila my tag got recognized. i then linked my tag to nhai wallet as they had offer of 150 cashback till 15 dec for tags linked to its wallet.
then i went to the site https://fastag.ihmcl.com/account/index where i could access all my tags and recharge the account also. plus the usage of the tags could be monitored here. good interface and pretty easy to recharge.
rs 150 deposit was already in my wallet as complementary and i topped each with 300 rupees each. out of which 250 went to tag balacne and 50 went to deposit taking the total tag deposit to rs .200.
cheapest tag around no doubt.

also this site gave options to cancel and transfer the tag amount to ur account also. surprised how easy it is to do this. its all on the website https://fastag.ihmcl.com/account/index

my fastag app will only tell u the tag balance and help with recharge.

i returned previous 3 tags which were rounded in shape as i felt the tags were faulty there. the remaining 3 tags got linked to the car with no issues whatsoever.

all this woudnt have been possible if paytm hadnt cancelled my fastag order on their free will after waiting nearly 2 weeks.
racing4cure is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 23:01   #4249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Recently I purchased Fastag via ICICI bank. The experience has been poor since the documentation is vague and their call center numbers dont seem to work. However, trying to google for info, I found this document that might be of use to some of you who have purchased Fastag via ICICI Bank. Hope it helps. Meanwhile, I am yet to sort my registration issue and escalated. In the process I even managed to damage the fastag! Will post any update or learnings as they happen.
This document is available on ICICI Fastag website since long back. With the help of same document I created login ID credentials in 2017.

As far my automatically tag detection is concerned, I have now cut the portion of sunfilm and pasted the tag over there behind the IRVM. Let's hope now it will be automatically detected without any fuss.
Old 15th December 2019, 08:30   #4250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My company did some work involving both active and passive RFIDs and big ugly RFID readers, a decade ago.
Are passive tags like these viable to cloning or hacking with DIY RFID scanners? Or are they encrypted?
Old 15th December 2019, 09:13   #4251
Senior - BHPian

Today is the 31st day since I applied for this Fastag from ICICI. Since then I have sent 3 email complaints, 3 web complaint and a phone complaint with the Customer Care.

What's happened so far :

14th Nov - Application submitted/payment made

14th Nov - Account opened/activated by ICICI but no Tag was assigned

6th Dec - The tag was assigned and Tag number was also provided, (SMS received from ICICI with Tag details)

6th Dec - Someone from ICICI called me to advise that the Tag is ready and it will be despatched immediately

14th Dec - Received email from ICICI advising that Tag despatched on 13th December, via Speed post and also provided the consignment number

Tracked the consignment with Postal department portal and it shows as item despatched on 13th December from Edapally (Kochi) post office. It reached main post office in my district on 14th December and it will come to my area sub post office tomorrow and most likely I will get it by tomorrow noon.

I wonder, why they took 7 days to despatch the Tag even though the Tag was ready for shipment on the 6th December as per the SMS/Telephone call from ICICI. Seems their despatch department sat on the parcel for 7 days
Old 15th December 2019, 09:23   #4252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Are passive tags like these viable to cloning or hacking with DIY RFID scanners? Or are they encrypted?
Wish I could answer this. But I am out of the RFID scene for a decade, I don't know the recent progress made in securing against hacking or cloning.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 10:07   #4253
BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72651651.cms

Another extension upto Jan 15th 2020, but good thing is 75% lanes will be exclusive fast tag and 25% hybrid lanes accept cash for another 30 days.
Old 15th December 2019, 15:57   #4254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Today is the 31st day since I applied for this Fastag from ICICI
I had same experience with kotak.
I paid the amount through credit card and got SMS from my bank about the deduction of money.

But, I never got any response email or SMS from the kotak portal regarding the order placed or despatching the fastag

Waited for 7 days. Tried calling help desk but in vain. Wrote email but no response

Was completely in dark. After 7 days I raised a dispute from my bank since the merchant had not claimed the amount from my account yet

After 8 days of raising dispute, I suddenly got a message about despatching of the tag. By then, I applied for IDFC TAG and got it on the spot at my office campus

Now I have two tags for the same car.

I am planning to return the tag to kotak bank and get back my money. I think we can visit the bank and return the tag
Old 15th December 2019, 16:56   #4255
BHPian

I got my Fastag from Paytm today. While placing the order I was informed that the same would be delivered on 10th December. So the delivery was delayed by 5 days. So far the experience has been not that bad.

But the vehicle number linked to this tag is wrong; they replaced one 6 by 5. Now I have written back to them with copies of the Fastag and my RC. Let's see how soon it gets resolved.
Sravan
Old 15th December 2019, 17:06   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Now I have two tags for the same car.
I did something similar. Have a trip planned for next weekend, applied through PAYTM, then learnt about delay here and so l knew I wouldn't be getting it before the trip.

So got in touch with a friend and got equitas tag on the spot and already stuck to my car.

I was given to understand that since centralised database is used to register tag, registration number cannot be duplicated, so my thinking was if and when Paytm processes my application, they will encounter error and will get back to me during which I will either try to cancel or provide some other friend's who hasn't got a tag yet.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th December 2019 at 19:38. Reason: Corrected typos and punctuation. Please proof-read posts before submitting.
tifosikrishna is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th December 2019, 17:23   #4257
BHPian

I got myself a HDFC Fastag thru the bank app. It took close to 3 weeks to get them. It just doesn't scan at any toll plaza, have to wait for the guy with the hand scanner with a 50% success rate of scanning. At some toll plazas they just enter my car number and it gets processed. Some guys just refuse to do anything and I end up paying cash. In certain tolls the guys said the banks tags are always problematic, use our tags you would not have any issues.
So much for this tag system, to have something not working as intended. Is anyone facing these issues, how do I get it sorted. The banks helpline is absolutely useless, they speak only in Hindi and their only reply is our server is down, it'll be rectified soon. The NHAI toll helpline was far better and they said my account looks fine, please contact the bank regarding the tag.

If anyone could help regarding this.

Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 19:42   #4258
Distinguished - BHPian

1st experience with Paytm Fastag = PATHETIC!

One of my car has a ICICI Fastag, after trying to procure my 2nd tag for my 2nd car from ICICI, I did all the necessary formalities, but still there was no action for nearly one month. Finally I got fed-up and applied for a Paytm FasTag for my 2nd car. The promised delivery time mentioned was 5 days, but I got it in 13 days. Am okay with that, as I understand the tremendous pressure on them.

Today I took out the car with the Paytm FasTag.
The main wallet had Rs 500 and Fastag wallet showed Rs 150.
I crossed Dankuni toll without any issues, 2nd was Palsit toll, I crossed that without any issues too. The amount for each of the toll is Rs 85. So technically it's Rs 170. That means, I should have a balance of Rs 330 left. Few minutes after crossing Palsit toll, I receive a sms from Paytm stating-

Dear customer, your wallet balance is running low. Kindly add money to your Paytm wallet to keep your FasTag active at NHAI toll plazas.

On the return journey when I came to Palsit toll, they told my Tag is blacklisted and I need to pay them. I checked the manage tag option from Paytm app and there it's showing low balance too! While I can see sufficient balance in the main wallet & Rs 150 in the FasTag wallet.

It was not a fault from the toll operators, so I paid them Rs 85. Technically I should have paid Rs 40! Return journey on a single day costs Rs 125! So here I pay Rs 85 from Paytm balance while going and Rs 85 cash while returning & the same thing was repeated at the Dankuni toll plaza again! Instead of paying Rs 40 from Paytm, I had to shell-out Rs 85 cash.

Even at Dankuni, it's Rs 85 for single journey and Rs 125 for return journey.
So in total I paid Rs 90 extra in two toll booths. (Rs 45 each)

Called up Paytm FasTag customer care and put a complaint. They agreed, I have sufficient balance in my wallet and it's a problem from their end. They asked for 48-72 hours to resolve it & make the tag usable, but didn't promise me any refund though.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th December 2019 at 20:19. Reason: Fixed several instances of 'i' in small caps.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 20:48   #4259
Senior - BHPian

As of now which is the Fastag with least glitches? Also, is there a separate cash row at the toll plazas? How is the queue in them?
Old 15th December 2019, 21:18   #4260
BHPian

I got my Fastag from ICICI. Pretty straight forward experience, went to their website applied and in 7 days the tag was in my hand. Yet to stick it and test though. They have an app to for easy recharge etc. hope things work in future too.
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed