Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 10:40   #3496
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I recently moved from Equitas to ICICI fastag. I have given a standing instruction to recharge my account monthly. But it is recharging the CUG and not my tag. I need to manually transfer the amount from cug to tag. I have only one tag. Is there anyway that the tag can be charged directly or by SI?
Old 14th August 2019, 11:04   #3497
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I have given a standing instruction to recharge my account monthly. But it is recharging the CUG and not my tag. I need to manually transfer the amount from cug to tag. I have only one tag. Is there anyway that the tag can be charged directly or by SI?
You can recharge the tag using UPI (from your phone would make it quick) which is lot better than giving a standing instruction and you remain in control and can decide to recharge on a need basis.

Other option is to charge from the ICICI Fastag portal and mode of payment can be UPI/Credit/Debit cards/ICICI retail or corporate banking account.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 11:11   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
You can recharge the tag using UPI (from your phone would make it quick) which is lot better than giving a standing instruction and you remain in control and can decide to recharge on a need basis.

Other option is to charge from the ICICI Fastag portal and mode of payment can be UPI/Credit/Debit cards/ICICI retail or corporate banking account.
I am recharging from the portal. But the thing is when I recharge its my CUG account thats getting recharged. There is one more step involved where i need to move from cug to my tag. Is there any way I can avoid this? ie recharge tag directly?
Old 14th August 2019, 11:13   #3499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am recharging from the portal. But the thing is when I recharge its my CUG account thats getting recharged. There is one more step involved where i need to move from cug to my tag. Is there any way I can avoid this? ie recharge tag directly?
As NPV mentions do it via UPI. Money will directly go to the tag account and not to CUG.

netc.vehiclenumber@icici will be the unique UPI ID for your tag and any UPI app will work and verify this.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:16   #3500
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But the thing is when I recharge its my CUG account thats getting recharged. There is one more step involved where i need to move from cug to my tag. Is there any way I can avoid this? ie recharge tag directly?
When using the portal to recharge:
See if the default option is "pay to CUG wallet". If so, change it to "pay to tag account" so that you don't have to do an additional step of transferring to tag account from CUG balance.

EDIT:You may be selecting Payments->Recharge Account after logging in to the portal and this could be the reason why CUG account is being recharged. Instead, first click on "View Tag Account Summary", then select Payments->Recharge Account, now the Tag account should get recharged. Guess this should resolve your issue

Last edited by NPV : 14th August 2019 at 12:37.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 20:32   #3501
Senior - BHPian

I am skeptical too - my visits between Delhi and Shimla have increased and i infact just got back 3 days ago and was going to pick up a fastag before leaving for the next trip but the toll conditions i saw have just made me hesitate

Between Delhi and Shimla , there are approximately 5-6 tolls : Sonipat, Panipat, karnal , 1 before Zirakpur and then 1 for the Himalayan Expressway - none of these tolls have dedicated fastag lanes now , earlier there used to be atleast a guard standing who would move the barricade out of the way if a tagged car was coming , this time not even that all sorts of scooters, cars, trucks in the lanes which were tagged as exclusive fastag lanes - upon asking the toll guys they have a standard answer - owner instructions speak to them.

Lets hope onground enforcement is done aggressively, i am in the market to be a customer , just higher quality standards need to be put in place.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 22:48   #3502
BHPian

Has anyone been able to recharge a HDFC bank FASTag via UPI? I tried with the format Net.car-regn-no@hdfcbank format but not working even if the deduction happened successfully multiple times for 100 rupees. Tried from different UPI apps. Any suggestions? I did finally managed to recharge by entering into the web portal of FASTag by the bank.
Old 17th August 2019, 21:52   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I tried with the format Net.car-regn-no@hdfcbank format but not working even if the deduction happened successfully multiple times for 100 rupees.
Are you sure that the UPI ID you are using is correct. You are using net.car-reg-no@hdfcbank

And Parag Sir has mentioned netc.vehiclenumber@icici as in below quoted post.

Maybe you should use netc.car-regn-no@hdfcbank and check. I guess the "c" is missing after the net and before the dot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
netc.vehiclenumber@icici will be the unique UPI ID for your tag and any UPI app will work and verify this.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 22:43   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Are you sure that the UPI ID you are using is correct. You are using net.car-reg-no@hdfcbank

And Parag Sir has mentioned netc.vehiclenumber@icici as in below quoted post.

Maybe you should use netc.car-regn-no@hdfcbank and check. I guess the "c" is missing after the net and before the dot.
My bad in typing this out informally, I am using netc only but to no use.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 23:21   #3505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
My bad in typing this out informally, I am using netc only but to no use.
Ok. I too should have mentioned the following in previous post itself.

You might need not use bank after hdfc as mentioned by Parag Sir in his previous post for icici.
You could try using UPI ID netc.vehiclenumber@hdfc

I have seen that the UPI ID of SBI Bank Account too don't have bank at the end. (Saw the advertisement on TV for Transferring Funds for Helping the Flood affected of Maharashtra. In that the UPI ID given is cmrelieffund.mh@sbi)

I searched on Google for UPI ID for Hdfc Fastag but could not get desired results on mobile. Also I tried calling 18001201243 Customer Care for Hdfc Fastag from Bsnl sim and Jio sim but call is not getting connected (no dialer tone or busy tone).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2019 at 17:36. Reason: As requested
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 17:22   #3506
BHPian

Cross-posting the below from the other Fastag thread on the forum -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For existing Axis bank Fastag, branches could not help me fully. You would have received an SMS from Axis Bank with your Fastag account number. Usually, it begins with 18000xxxxxx. From your Netbanking (of any bank), under the "Add Payee" section, add this Fastag account number as the recipient's account number. It is a Savings bank account. The name can be your name (or vehicle owner) or Fastag. The IFSC code is UTIB0000ETC.

After confirming with SMS from your bank and waiting for 30 minutes (in case of non-Axis bank account), you can recharge with the desired amount via NEFT only. This has worked for me, and I did not have to get fastag from any other sources. Hope this works for you.
Has anyone tried this? It would be a big relief if it has worked. I have a upcoming trip so will go thru this method if it has worked for others. If not this, what are the alternatives to recharge Axis Bank issued Fastag? (without getting into KYC kind of endless loops)
Old 20th August 2019, 19:05   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Has anyone tried this? It would be a big relief if it has worked. I have a upcoming trip so will go thru this method if it has worked for others. If not this, what are the alternatives to recharge Axis Bank issued Fastag? (without getting into KYC kind of endless loops)
I have recharged the Fastag from Axis, from my ICICI bank account through IMPS; worked nicely so far. However, my tries to add that account in an Axis Bank account failed with the same data that was used with ICICI! It mentioned something like 'incorrect account number'.

We have an active axis bank account too and I remember having mentioned something related on the screen during the Fastag Account opening time. The KYC is mentioned as 'OK' currently. An SMS was received later about a month after opening of Fastag account, informing that the 'recharge limit has been increased' although nothing more was done from my end. But there is no information about the revised recharge limit per month.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:18   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You might need not use bank after hdfc as mentioned by Parag Sir in his previous post for icici.
You could try using UPI ID netc.vehiclenumber@hdfc
Actually I think hdfcbank is the correct one, tried with @hdfc and the verification failed saying this does not exist, but as soon as I make hdfcbank and click verify it pulls up HDFC Ltd FASTag as the display name. Seems somewhere the link is not happening although transaction goes fine. Probably need to write to HDFC once.
Old 21st August 2019, 15:18   #3509
BHPian

I have some noob questions.

I got my Fastag when I bought a new car in Oct-2018. I used up the balance almost in the first week itself and have not recharged since. Existing balance, as per the old SMS is 20/-.

1. Can I recharge now? I read some posts about blacklisting. How can I check if mine is still valid?

2. Is there any minimum amount that we need for recharge or as balance?

TIA!
Old 21st August 2019, 15:22   #3510
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
I have some noob questions.

I got my Fastag when I bought a new car in Oct-2018. I used up the balance almost in the first week itself and have not recharged since. Existing balance, as per the old SMS is 20/-.
Don't worry about blacklisting, just means your tag balance is insufficient, once you recharge it will become active again.

Go to the portal/site of your tag issuer (ICICI, HDFC, etc) and recharge.

The threshold has been raised to Rs.200 (found out when charging my ICICI Fastag recently), so when you charge you'll need to make sure balance is >= 200.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks