Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2019, 14:23   #3541
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Had been using Icici as provider since it launched for my 50 trucks but recently switched to HDFC mainly because my banker is HDFC so it allows daily auto transfer of funds based on usage and unlike ICICI i don't have to put money in each tag, as long as there is CUG balance it is shared by all. Saves unused balance on tags not being used.

Last edited by AnandB : 26th September 2019 at 14:31. Reason: Spelling
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 14:39   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Can it be used in lieu of Fastag?

Is fastag mentioned, anywhere on the sticker? My May 2017 car, also had RFID sticker on upper left side of the windscreen. But I had to buy a new fastag, as portability is currently not available for fasttag.

Last edited by Who_are_you : 26th September 2019 at 14:43. Reason: spelling
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 14:44   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Is fastag mentioned, anywhere on the sticker?
No. So I just went ahead and ordered one from ICICI online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Frankly, I am happy to pay for the toll as I haven't seen any advantage of having Fastag esp on NH4 with all vechicles rushing into all lanes. I would prefer to pay by cash instead of adding yet another item to monitor (correct deductions, followups for issues etcl regularly. Have two options - do it early to beat the rush OR wait till Nov end to check if they really will stick to the deadline or postpone it. I am tending towards the 2nd option as of now.
I had similar concerns, but I went ahead and ordered one anyway. I also have concerns as to whether all toll plazas will be able to equip *all* their lanes with FasTag readers (equipping *all* the lanes with FasTag readers would be a concurrent activity I'd imagine and hope, if there is to be any meaning to a deadline to "switch to FasTag"). I also wonder if the govt has planned for it or will there be a supply constraint if toll plazas nationwide miraculously and proactively decided to order them as the date draws near.

I think we petrolheads should start an online WhatsApp etc social media campaign urging people to comply with the Dec 1st deadline. Ideally, it ought to be the govt's responsibility to send out such reminders that get shriller and more frequent as the deadline nears. But hey, we know how our govt works!

Only if there is en-masse migration, will the benefits be experienced by all.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th September 2019 at 09:50. Reason: Back to back posts.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 20:47   #3544
BANNED

Received fastag from Icici today through bluedart. Applied online on 21st sept and got the sticker today. There was some confusion w.r.t. uploading RC copy and customer care was not able to satisfactorily help on that. Tagged ICICI suuport team on Twitter and now the issue is resolved.

Can anyone confirm if there are any issues if I paste the sticker on either rhs or lhs of windscreen as I am planning on installing a dash cam on center behind the rear view mirror. Also my windscren is having a green tint (no film) on the top 2 -3 inches. Will that make any issue while detecting the fastag at the tolls?

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th September 2019, 08:07   #3545
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to pick up a FASTag for my 2-year-old Baleno in Bengaluru. Upon going through the information here, I realized that there are many ways to procure a FASTag, including banks! Can anybody please advice as to which of these options is the best and hassle-free to procure a FASTag from?

Thanks.
Old 30th September 2019, 09:11   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
Hi All, ...

I am using PayTM fastag for last 2 years and didn't face any issue so far. The procurement process is easy, I applied through the app and uploaded a digital copy of Car's registration certificate and got tag in 4~5 days via mail.

The main benefit of using PayTm is I don't have to block a specific amount for toll. As fastag is linked to payTm wallet and I can use the same for other purchases as well. But the cashback process takes a long time, some times even 6~8 months.

I had heard good reviews of ICICI fastag as well. Cashback is credit on time and procurement is also easy.

Last edited by Who_are_you : 30th September 2019 at 09:11. Reason: Formating
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 16:16   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
I am using PayTM fastag for last 2 years and didn't face any issue so far. The procurement process is easy, I applied through the app and uploaded a digital copy of Car's registration certificate and got tag in 4~5 days via mail.

The main benefit of using PayTm is I don't have to block a specific amount for toll. As fastag is linked to payTm wallet and I can use the same for other purchases as well. But the cashback process takes a long time, some times even 6~8 months.

I had heard good reviews of ICICI fastag as well. Cashback is credit on time and procurement is also easy.
Thanks for the input. As Paytm had maximum positive reviews for Fastag, I checked with Paytm customer care today morning but was told it will take 10 to 15 days for the tag to reach me. As I was looking for this by October 4th due to a scheduled road trip, I didn't opt for it. I specifically asked if they can arrange it by October 4th, and they said it's not possible. Also, from all the research I did, it doesn't look like there is any way to procure one in about 4 days, so looks like yours was an exceptional case to have got that early. Meanwhile, I will check with ICICI too. Please let me know if there is still an option to get this within 4 days. Once again, thanks!
Old 1st October 2019, 00:00   #3548
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I had extremely pathetic experience with AXIS Fastag portal. The forgot password link would simply not work or send the messages(OTP) properly. I ended up procuring a PayTM Fastag recently and was delivered to me.
I have an upcoming trip tomorrow. Can I use the new Fastag straight away and when I am back from my trip I could deactivate the Axis Fastag, as it takes 3-4 days to deactivate ?

Is it really mandatory to the point where my new PayTM Fastag won't work till the time I deactivate the old AXIS bank one ? Anyone with prior experience around the same ?
Old 1st October 2019, 06:14   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Hi Folks,

I would suggest to remove Axis bank tag and stick Paytm tag, else you make face issue with the RFID tag reader.
Old 1st October 2019, 09:38   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to remove Axis bank tag and stick Paytm tag, else you make face issue with the RFID tag reader.
Thanks, I won't be putting both of them on the windshield. My question was also more on the lines of - lets say I peel off the preset Fastag and paste the new Fastag. Will it work or would I have to deactivate the older one and only then the newer stars working? Don't want to be in a situation where none of them work as planning to go on a road trip today.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:30   #3551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I won't be putting both of them on the windshield. My question was also more on the lines of - lets say I peel off the preset Fastag and paste the new Fastag. Will it work or would I have to deactivate the older one and only then the newer stars working? Don't want to be in a situation where none of them work as planning to go on a road trip today.
I tore off my Axis Fastag in sheer disgust for the same reason as yours and got a HDFC fastag. There has been no problem with the new one. My mobile number is linked to both though and I still get SMSes from Axis Bank to add money to their fastag (which I can't do because of their defunct KYC process).

Someone on this thread did reveal earlier that you're supposed to contact the bank and close the account with them after destroying their fastag. Seems there is a rule that the same vehicle can't have 2 fastags. I dread having to contact Axis bank though. The horror, the sheer wastage of human existence that one has to face when dealing with Axis bank makes me want to forget the money that's still stuck in that Fastag.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:13   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Don't want to be in a situation where none of them work as planning to go on a road trip today.
As far as I know it will work. As mentioned by @locusjag you need to close fastag account with Axis bank.

Found below information on FAQ Section of http://www.fastag.org/

Quote:
Can one vehicle use more than one FASTag?

It is strictly prohibited to purchase two FASTag for one vehicle. In case of multiple FASTag, customer will be responsible for operational issues.
Old 1st October 2019, 13:22   #3553
BHPian

Hi guys, I had a quick question since I am quite new to Fastags, just wanted to ask a quick question. I have just taken a new car on my wife's name, wherein everywhere I have used my mobile number in the records. I am now wanting to get the PayTM FASTag also registered on my mobile number, is it possible (with my KYC details present on the PayTM account)?

Also since the car is on a temp plate ATM, can I use Chassis number instead of vehicle number (as suggested by Customer Care) and use the tag on this car until I get the RC and the permanent number?

Please help.
Old 1st October 2019, 13:47   #3554
BHPian

How do we transfer the Fastag if I sold my old car to new car.
Or
Can I transfer the current Fastag to the used car buyer and procure new ones.
Please enlighten.
blackstallion76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 14:08   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I lost my ICICI tag too in a windshield change and didn't feel the need till now 18 months later. I called ICICI phone support and ordered a replacement tag from them. He told me I would get it in a week and it's been 6 weeks now and no sign of it. Was told it will cost 100 or 200, can't really recall and that it would deduct from the balance. They suck!
So icici called me saying they are sending the tag via FedEx today. Been less than 2 weeks since I raised the request. Hope it arrives soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks