Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2019, 00:05   #3481
BHPian

Re: Fastag same day return discounted rate - scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I have noticed this happening multiple times.

I do regular trips past the Paranur toll plaza (first toll plaza on NH45 from Chennai before Chengalpet) and back within the same day. While i am supposed to be debited Rs 60 for the onward journey and the differential amount of Rs 30 for the return journey(for a total of Rs 90 for a same-day return toll ticket), Paranur plaza alone regularly debits Rs 60 both ways.

I am cheated of Rs 30 for every trip I make.

This is the third time I think this is happening.

I don't want to pay cash for obvious reasons and this kind of a practise is defeating the very purpose of digitization.

I think this is a scam being perpetrated by this particular toll plaza assuming someone will not come back and complain for a mere Rs 30.

Well, I just did ! Have complained to ICICI Fastag customer care and they have in turn raised this with the vendor. Waiting to see what happens.

Anybody else face same issue at this plaza/anywhere?
As I have already shared on this thread, similar incident happened with me on the Attibele toll plaza, near Hosur. I have raised a complaint the amount was RS 20 in my case. ICICI Bank kept saying that it is deducted correctly. Most disappointing part is that they will not even call you to explain or verify, they just close the ticket as soon as you open it. Finally I had to reach out to the Appelite authorities. Then they said journey has to be done the same day and not on the next day. I always knew that toll plaza is for 24 hours, at least when we pay by cash, that is how we pay it. Anyway they raised a charge-back and got back 19.75 later. That was infact the first time I used the Fastag.
Old 1st August 2019, 08:39   #3482
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I do regular trips past the Paranur toll plaza (first toll plaza on NH45 from Chennai before Chengalpet) and back within the same day. While i am supposed to be debited Rs 60 for the onward journey and the differential amount of Rs 30 for the return journey(for a total of Rs 90 for a same-day return toll ticket), Paranur plaza alone regularly debits Rs 60 both ways.

I am cheated of Rs 30 for every trip I make.

Anybody else face same issue at this plaza/anywhere?
I have faced this issue too among many others. I have stopped using Fastag for now. I have posted about the same earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Other problems of FasTag are
1. Amount for double journey is getting deducted as two singles.
2. No exclusive FasTag lane provided for the congested tolls which I use(Paranur, Chengalpet toll and Athur, Tindivanam toll). While FasTag exclusive lanes are provided for not so congested tolls.

I came to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle for my use and stopped using FasTag for now.
Old 1st August 2019, 08:44   #3483
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
I have faced this issue too among many others. I have stopped using Fastag for now. I have posted about the same earlier.
Have you tried escalating this via a complaint on pgportal addressed to NHAI ?
Old 1st August 2019, 08:58   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Have you tried escalating this via a complaint on pgportal addressed to NHAI ?
Yes. I have complained about it on pgportal around March/April 2018 for the first time. Then a few times subsequently with few months gap. I received a standard reply letter just for the first time. For the subsequent complaints, I stopped receiving any reply, since I was attaching the earlier complaint and its reply.

I decided that further escalation is not worth it.

Last edited by Nimalan : 1st August 2019 at 09:10.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 14:14   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fastag same day return discounted rate - scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
As I have already shared on this thread, similar incident happened with me on the Attibele toll plaza, near Hosur. I have raised a complaint the amount was RS 20 in my case. ICICI Bank kept saying that it is deducted correctly. Most disappointing part is that they will not even call you to explain or verify, they just close the ticket as soon as you open it. Finally I had to reach out to the Appelite authorities. Then they said journey has to be done the same day and not on the next day. I always knew that toll plaza is for 24 hours, at least when we pay by cash, that is how we pay it. Anyway they raised a charge-back and got back 19.75 later. That was infact the first time I used the Fastag.
The concept of "Return trip" is defined differently by different toll booths. For some, it's 24 hours from the first trip. For some like Attibele, it's one calendar day - if you travel from Bangalore to Hosur at 00:01hrs, you will be charged a discounted fare on your return trip from Hosur to Bangalore until 23:59hrs. If, you had made the first trip at 23:59hrs, then you can practically never avail the discounted return fare, because after 00:00hrs, your trip is considered to be a new one-way trip
silversteed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 14:33   #3486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
thank you for a really comprehensive explanation. one thing that I am unable to do is enroll a new car (and tag) via the website. there is an option that leads to a point where a printout is taken. But no clue what to do next. How did you go about it? if you could share the process it would be great.

thanks
Sorry , I've not linked a new tag online and hence can't help you here. I went to ICICI bank and got the tag. The executive there had linked the new tag to my existing account
Old 1st August 2019, 19:04   #3487
Senior - BHPian

Friends - received an e-mail from AXIS bank this afternoon citing some dubious transactions on my FastTag. The issue happened at Thoppur toll (on the Bangalore-Salem highway). The toll booth people classified my vehicle as a truck and levied the toll for that vehicle. AXIS bank paid that amount to the Toll company's bank but then figured out my vehicle as per their database was a car!

So I got the e-mail asking me to prove that my vehicle was indeed a car. So I have shared them a few snaps of my car and a copy of my RC Card. At Thoppur what had happened was that the actual FastTag lane was jam packed with slow moving trucks and trailers. The sentry there had redirected us to another lane, and I was waved through. Don't know if the "waving through" happened after manually marking my vehicle as a truck.

Refer my own post regarding the KYC Norms of AXIS Bank FastTag scheme (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!). Now that does make some sense.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_thoppur_toll.jpg  

Old 1st August 2019, 19:37   #3488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The issue happened at Thoppur toll (on the Bangalore-Salem highway). The toll booth people classified my vehicle as a truck and levied the toll for that vehicle.

This happened to me and one more Bhpian too, but in Bankapur toll plaza near Hubli. They initially charged the normal toll, but then filed a dispute due to which 230 rupees was deducted from my account. However, I raised a ticket in ICICI fastag website and they reversed that amount. But not sure if this is some technical issue(due to truck passing through ahead of me and my tag detected) or it is being done purposely. Since this has happened in different toll booths, I no longer suspect foulplay, unlike before.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:43   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Since this has happened in different toll booths, I no longer suspect foulplay, unlike before.
AXIS bank team actually responded quite fast to my response (with photos and RC card copy). They will new raise a counter dispute with the Toll booth's bank and ask for a refund, but it may take 10-12 days. Thoppur tool booth is the most crowded and chaotic one, and I too would like to ignore this incident as a one off case.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 11:11   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
...The toll booth people classified my vehicle as a truck and levied the toll for that vehicle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This happened to me and one more Bhpian too, but in Bankapur toll plaza near Hubli. They initially charged the normal toll, but then filed a dispute due to which 230 rupees was deducted from my account...
Been there done that. This post of mine has the sequence of events:
Summary (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
silversteed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 12:53   #3491

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
5% cashback was for the financial year 2018-19. For 2019-20, cashback amount is 2.5%.

It takes a few months to get the cashback. I had last paid toll through Fastag on 13th December, 2018. I received the cashback on 18th March, 2019. I have a PayTM Fastag, don't know the time taken for other providers.
Thank you. After reading your message, I now think I am not sure whether I got a chargeback or just that 5% discount, which amounted to RS 19.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The concept of "Return trip" is defined differently by different toll booths. For some, it's 24 hours from the first trip. For some like Attibele, it's one calendar day - if you travel from Bangalore to Hosur at 00:01hrs, you will be charged a discounted fare on your return trip from Hosur to Bangalore until 23:59hrs. If, you had made the first trip at 23:59hrs, then you can practically never avail the discounted return fare, because after 00:00hrs, your trip is considered to be a new one-way trip
Thank you. Yes, I know the return trip concept is defined differently in each toll booth. For example on the Electronic City Eleveted Flyover toll plaza, it is till midnight. I thought Attibele Toll Plaza allowed 24 hours return, then that is my mistake. I agree with you just as you said, ICICI bank also was saying that the actual toll deduction from the Fastag account was at around 11:48 PM one way and then it was past midnight the second time, because of the heavy queue on the toll plaza. As also the argument I had with the toll booth where I had to pay by cash initially and then got refund and deducted via the Fastag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
I think it makes sense not to power small cars with bulky euro 6 compliant engines. Engine continues to grow hence cars should grow too. But then are the electric power train any smaller than current engines? No, but atleast they are more efficient and maintenance free. You lose some and gain some I guess. I have a mixed feelings about this news. I can't seem to decide whether I like it or not.

As an enthusiast, I think it's dangerous that more and more people are less passionate about the cars or the tech that goes into it. I do agree with tsk, if cars inevitably has to go electric it should logically be small cars first because that's where the electrics and IC cars have maximum convergence.

All over the worldorld between WW2 and 2010 almost everyone were running similar technology for personal mobility. However things are changing a lot in recent years. I predict North America, Europe and China will largely go electric in the next 10 yrs. As a technology, pure electric tech is good or bad can be debated forever, whereas one can not debate that when large world markets are going the electric way there is no point in us going the other way (like hybrid or fuel cell or IC). We would never be able to attain economies of scale if we go on our own. Whatever little export opportunities we have now will be gone forever of we don't follow the large markets. And the rnd cost will be too much for one country to bear.

As an engineer and auto enthusiast I did not like that the Indian govt is going full electric way since the hydrids are far better solution in my eyes. But looking at the way things are moving worldover I feel the govt's push for full EV's is in the right direction.

I can't imagine how the recharge infrastructure will be able to cope up with demand if every personal car goes the electric way. Do we have space to charge so many cars beside our highways?
I think it is merely a matter of time when the electric motor replaces the IC engines. I feel sad with the thought that the new generation will not get to hear the roar of an engine, the soft purr of a motor can never be the same.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th August 2019 at 15:25.
Old 4th August 2019, 07:30   #3492
BHPian

Hi guys,

How long will it take to reflect in ICICI fastag if I make the payment through non-ICICI bank?
Old 5th August 2019, 20:25   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd7 View Post
I have purchased a new Hector which has fastag already installed. I am now wondering that how can I login into my fastag account to add money in the wallet.
Just go to the bank website that the Fastag you received. All you need is the VIN number and the other necessary details of your car. You would be able to open the registered account yourself. I did the same thing for my ICICI Bank Fastag account. I was provided similarly by the Honda Showroom for my new BRV and I did it all by myself. As you would know how friendly the Honda Showroom guys really are.
Old 8th August 2019, 15:16   #3494
BHPian

I got my FASTAG in the mail today. The dark ages are over!

Very impressed overall.

I registered online on 2nd August at https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...tag/index.page

Received an account activation message that same evening.
The FASTAG was dispatched on 7th (received Blue Dart tracking details on sms).

I received my FASTAG and welcome kit this afternoon

Online registration was smooth, I first recharged the CUG balance by mistake but was able to transfer the amount into FASTAG account with no issues.

Since I had uploaded my documents online, the KYC was done too.

An upcoming trip to Masinagudi, should test my FASTAG nicely.

Thus far it has been smooth and fuss-free. Kudos to Team FASTAG.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2019 at 16:17. Reason: As per earlier PM / edit note :)
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 11:43   #3495

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hi guys,

How long will it take to reflect in ICICI fastag if I make the payment through non-ICICI bank?
Just pay by upi. Add it as a shortcut in one of your upi apps. Recharge is almost instant and no extra charges. Pls Refer icici fastag faq for the upi address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks