Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 20:36   #3511
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Got the ICICI Bank Fastag recently. Seamless process as everything is done online and saves a lot of hassles. Made the registration and payment on Sunday and the Tag was delivered by Thursday. Refill is a breeze again till now. Been using UPI to make top-ups.

Tried using it first on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and it is actually a pain that the ETC only toll is on the left most side of the toll naka which is the lanes usually used by trucks and buses. Could not get into those lanes so had to go through the ETC / Cash lane. The ETC was not working on that lane in Khalapur and being a Saturday morning i was asked to go ahead. Reached Pune and was told Tag detected however there was no deduction of toll. Thought there was some problem in the way i pasted it on the windscreen however the toll got deducted properly on return.
Old 27th August 2019, 23:42   #3512

What a gap between concept and reality! From what I'm reading on this thread, implementation is getting worse rather than better https://www.news18.com/news/tech/fas...s-2285863.html
cherisam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:48   #3513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As NPV mentions do it via UPI. Money will directly go to the tag account and not to CUG.

netc.vehiclenumber@icici will be the unique UPI ID for your tag and any UPI app will work and verify this.
That's correct. The money goes directly to Tag account. And reflects in the account almost immediately - less than 5 mins.
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:00   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherisam View Post
What a gap between concept and reality! From what I'm reading on this thread, implementation is getting worse rather than better https://www.news18.com/news/tech/fas...s-2285863.html
Implementation is way way behind. this is what I experienced on my weekend trip from Ahmedabad to Ajmer and back.

Kathpur Toll NH 48 - No dedicated lane for Fastag
Vantada Toll - No dedicated lane for Fastag
Khandi Obari - No dedicated lane for Fastag
Negadiya - Dedicated lane available but blocked with cones. When I honked and flashed, person asked me to go into normal lane and use Fastag
Mandawara - Dedicated lane available but blocked with cones.When I honked and flashed, person asked me to go into normal lane and use Fastag. When asked, person at the counter said kam chal raha hai (which i think is a lie. there was no work going on. Green light was on in the Fastag lane)
Pipalaz - "No Cash" lane available working fine (twice)
Raipur - "No Cash" lane available but blocked. Which is common since everyone gets into Fastag lane. But here, after honking, person reluctantly sauntered in to remove cones after that worked fine.
Indranagar - "No Cash" lane available but car without Fastag went in and paid cash and took receipt. Had to wait behind that car. GREAT.
Birami - Lane available long queue as one truck was stuck so had to use normal lane
Uthman - Lane available only one truck which got stuck so had to use normal lane
Undwariya - Lane available, worked fine
Khemana - Lane available, closed due to repairs. Had to use normal lane. They used handheld scanners, took about 6 mins total. GREAT again.

Total toll plazas crossed - 12. Fastag Express lane available and works as intended - 2. Which is pathetic. Hybrid lanes are missing the point right? If I have to wait in the same queue, it is just that I'm using a different payment method. Like credit card instead of cash at a shop?? Fastag Express lanes should be sacrosanct and should work flawlessly. Onus should be on the toll operators to maintain that. Only then will this initiative takeoff.

For all the rhetoric about charging twice for cars without Fastag, how about refunding twice the amount to people with Fastag who are forced to use the cash/hybrid lane and wait in queue?

BTW, I'd gotten a replacement tag recently after my old tag started behaving weird. The new tag worked flawlessly at all toll plazas...only a couple of seconds to detect and the boom barrier to lift.
Old 4th September 2019, 21:37   #3515
Senior - BHPian

I faced another issue at the Sriperumbudur toll booth (Bangalore-Chennai Highway). It took a long while to get to the boomgate and then the truck in front of me took ages. When it was my turn, they just manually noted my number and did not use the hand held scanner. When I asked for the complaint book, they didn't give a clear response.
I had a return trip the same night and was charged the full one way charge at that time. I still haven't been charged for the manual reading. I hope this is not one of those times they charge a hefty 'fine' as listed in some of the posts in this thread.

Old 5th September 2019, 05:03   #3516
BHPian

I have typically found the Fastag to be rather useless, besides for my Blr-Goa-Blr trip. Specificities to the Blr-Chn-Blr route, I find non-users of Fastags occupying the dedicated lanes in Electronic City, Hosur, Krishnagiri and Vaniyambadi and hence the whole purpose of getting a Fastag is lost. Is there any way to avoid these long queues since I plan a Blr-Chn-Blr and Blr-Kumbakonam-Tanjore-Blr over the n still couple of weekends. Appreciate any advise.
Old 5th September 2019, 16:07   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
I find non-users of Fastags occupying the dedicated lanes in Electronic City, Hosur, Krishnagiri and Vaniyambadi and hence the whole purpose of getting a Fastag is lost.
, Attibele & krishnagiri - all lanes have fastag.

Have not had any issues at Vaniyambadi.

ECity you are on your own!
Old 6th September 2019, 11:09   #3518
Senior - BHPian

Pallikonda toll update:
I had a positive experience last weekend.
On the way to Yelagiri (towards Bangalore), I had recharged just a few minutes prior to reaching the toll. There was a long queue and I thought it would be bad. The fastag lane moved steadily and even the bus in front did not cause a delay. The other lanes too were moving (maybe even faster!!). Looking at the footage fastag seems to be active in some of the other lanes.
On the return trip, there was no traffic, but the car in the dedicated fastag lane was stuck for quite a while getting the tag read. He kept reversing and trying. Thankfully, the next lane was marked as ETC too and I could go to that lane and pass uneventfully. No real delay.
Are all lanes are fastag enabled at Pallikonda? I hope they are.

The dash-cam footage are self explanatory.

My overall fastag experience is still hit-or-miss and I've had variable luck in the booths.

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 6th September 2019 at 11:14.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:36   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
My bad in typing this out informally, I am using netc only but to no use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Ok. I too should have mentioned the following in previous post itself.

You might need not use bank after hdfc as mentioned by Parag Sir in his previous post for icici.
You could try using UPI ID netc.vehiclenumber@hdfc

I have seen that the UPI ID of SBI Bank Account too don't have bank at the end. (Saw the advertisement on TV for Transferring Funds for Helping the Flood affected of Maharashtra. In that the UPI ID given is cmrelieffund.mh@sbi)

I searched on Google for UPI ID for Hdfc Fastag but could not get desired results on mobile. Also I tried calling 18001201243 Customer Care for Hdfc Fastag from Bsnl sim and Jio sim but call is not getting connected (no dialer tone or busy tone).

Hope this helps.
A quick update, 3 days back all the transactions that I had made from various accounts to HDFC FASTag UPI link (netc.car-no@hdfcbank) got refunded automatically. Probably HDFC has not kept this channel enabled by purpose even though the UPI gateway does recognise the handle as HDFC Ltd FASTag. So only option is to use the online HDFC portal for FASTag.
Old 6th September 2019, 15:54   #3520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Are all lanes are fastag enabled at Pallikonda?
In many toll booths, all/several lanes are Fastag-enabled, out of which none/one is dedicated to Fastag. The others would be marked "Cash/ETC" or "Cash/Card/ETC" - ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) being the operative part.

Despite all this, it is still quicker to locate and pass through the dedicated lane.
Old 6th September 2019, 16:48   #3521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I.... it is still quicker to locate and pass through the dedicated lane.
Buddy, I sold my car and its tag was taken from Paytm. I peeled off the tag while delivering it to the new owner. I have Rs.150 reserved on my Paytm for tag, not able to find any link to cancel it. Any suggestions ? I could have called you for the same, but posting here thinking the answer would be helpful for similar queries by members here !
Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 17:48   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
I have recharged the Fastag from Axis, from my ICICI bank account through IMPS...
I was able to finally add my Axis Bank FasTag as a payee in my ICICI Net Banking account and do a recharge. I had to email and speak to the Axis Bank folks to get the right info to get the FasTag account added before the money transfer. Sharing the below info for others' reference -

1. Name: Customer name (I put my name as given during the car registration process)
2. Account: Axis Bank FasTag account number (14 digits, starting with 18), or as they call it - Wallet ID
3. IFSC Code: UTIB0000ETC

Wanted to test, so transferred Rs. 200/- and it went thru fine. I have received SMS from Axis Bank regarding successful recharge and new balance of Rs. 249/-.

Hope that's about it. Trip is next weekend, so will know then.
Old 6th September 2019, 17:58   #3523
BHPian

Paytm Fastag has its own issues like poor on-boarding, poor refund process for incorrectly deducted toll, very confusing process to get a replacement tag etc. But the only reason I still have them is how frictionless adding money to the Fastag account is.

Paytm Fastag is connected to the Paytm Wallet which in turn is setup to auto reload from my credit card for a certain amount if the Wallet balance goes below a threshold amount. I have not done a manual topup of money for Fastag in my 2 years of its use. Fastag in theory is setup to never run out of money.

I'm not sure other Fastag providers have similar setup but reading other posts on recharge processes and setup, this is what is keeping Paytm as the provider for me.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 6th September 2019 at 18:03.
Old 9th September 2019, 19:16   #3524
Senior - BHPian

I am a new FASTAG user (ICICI) and in the past two weeks of usage, I am facing the below difficulties:

- SMS saying XXX amount deducted arrives several hours late. Is this normal?

- In one instance, the boom barrier went up, and OK was displayed on the display. But later, on checking the statement, looks like amount was not debited. How can this happen?
This happened while returning from KIAL via Devanahalli Airport Toll.
Old 9th September 2019, 23:56   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I am a new FASTAG user (ICICI) and in the past two weeks of usage, I am facing the below difficulties:

- SMS saying XXX amount deducted arrives several hours late. Is this normal?

- In one instance, the boom barrier went up, and OK was displayed on the display. But later, on checking the statement, looks like amount was not debited. How can this happen?
I am using ICICI Fastag for 1year 9 months, and have observed late SMS on almost all occasions; sometimes late by 10~15mins and sometimes late by few hours.

Regarding amount not debited, it happened to me only once, that too in the early 2018. I thought it was due to some teething troubles at the new Fastag system.

These should definitely not be normal things, but probably happening due to some technical issues.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks