Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 14:37   #3556
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I misplaced my Fastag over a year ago and asked ICICI for a replacement which they didn't send for a long time and by the time it reached, I had shifted my residence. Now, another tag has reached me at my current place of stay.

I would rate ICICI decent over the entire episode.

Maybe this has been answered, but a basic query I have is: is there an option to pay for return journeys (within 24 hours) with Fastag? If yes, how?
Old 1st October 2019, 14:52   #3557
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Maybe this has been answered, but a basic query I have is: is there an option to pay for return journeys (within 24 hours) with Fastag? If yes, how?
Yes, this has been answered many times

When you pass a toll, the one way toll is charged and if you return to the same toll within 24 hours (and the toll supports a 24 hour 2 way journey fare), then instead of charging the full one way toll again, it deducts just the difference for the 2 way/24 hour journey toll. So, no action required from the vehicle owner, this process is automated.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:13   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi guys, I had a quick question since I am quite new to Fastags, just wanted to ask a quick question. I have just taken a new car on my wife's name, wherein everywhere I have used my mobile number in the records. I am now wanting to get the PayTM FASTag also registered on my mobile number, is it possible (with my KYC details present on the PayTM account)?

Also since the car is on a temp plate ATM, can I use Chassis number instead of vehicle number (as suggested by Customer Care) and use the tag on this car until I get the RC and the permanent number?

Please help.
Yes Sir, very much possible. Infact I have done the same. My car is in wife's name and the PayTM Fastag which we recently moved to from AXIS is linked to my phone number.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:15   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
. I am now wanting to get the PayTM FASTag also registered on my mobile number, is it possible (with my KYC details present on the PayTM account)?
Yes. My car is registered on wife's name and I have taken PayTm fastag using my phone number.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:30   #3560
BHPian

I ordered my ICICI FASTag on Sep 26th. It was dispatched yesterday Oct 1st. That's 5 days, pretty fast processing I'd say.

Now let's hope it works well ...
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:45   #3561
BHPian

What is a CUG account? How do I know whether mine is a CUG account or a non-CUG account (and btw, whats the actual name of a "non-CUG account"?)

LATER UPDATE:
I called ICICI FASTag customer care, and wth a little bit of difficulty managed to have them shed some light on this, viz:

CUG wallet is like a reserve, in the sense: In case tag account balance is low, then you can xfer from CUG wallet to tag account easily, while on the road. (Basically the concept seems useless to me. It just looks like just another way to allow ICICI to hold more of our money with them!)

Last edited by vharihar : 2nd October 2019 at 16:57.
Old 2nd October 2019, 19:09   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
CUG wallet is like a reserve, in the sense: In case tag account balance is low, then you can xfer from CUG wallet to tag account easily, while on the road. (Basically the concept seems useless to me. It just looks like just another way to allow ICICI to hold more of our money with them!)
The CUG helps the fleet operators where the account will have lot of tags. It helps the user to load the amount once and distribute to the individual tags as needed. IMO, the ICICI Fastag portal implementation is tailored for the fleet operator. For an individual tag user it is unnecessary complex to use and honestly I won't recollect the portal options and navigation each time I login.

And thanks to the UPI loading option, I rarely visit the ICICI portal.

Last edited by bejoy : 2nd October 2019 at 19:36.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:29   #3563
BHPian

Used ICICI FASTag for the first time today. Drove to Electronic City today and used the FASTag lane. The SMS alerting me about the Tag Account getting debited came a good 5 minutes later. Anyway, it worked, so that felt good!

Only problem was that even getting to the FASTag lane took long, bcoz the traffic was backed up till well beyond the point where the segregated FASTag lane starts. Anyway, hopefully that'll change once there is widespread acceptance as the Dec 1st 2019 deadline draws near ...
Old 4th October 2019, 09:47   #3564
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks, thinking of getting a Fastag for an upcoming trip to Goa. From the posts here, seems that Paytm and ICICI are preferred to Axis and HDFC. Among them, which is better, specially w.r.t speedy resolution of issues like excess deduction etc.?

Also, even though the car is in my wife's name, can I link the tag to my Paytm wallet/ICICI a/c?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th October 2019, 11:45   #3565
Team-BHP Support

I decided to top-up my IDFC fasting to get the following message

Quote:
Forbidden

You are not authorized to access the requested resource.
Rang up the helpdesk but they were in denial. They suggested that I email them at etollservices.

No joy so far, I will exhaust this tag and get an HDFC one, I guess!
Old 4th October 2019, 11:59   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Among them, which is better, specially w.r.t speedy resolution of issues like excess deduction etc.?
I am using PayTm but heard ICICI is better.

Quote:
Also, even though the car is in my wife's name, can I link the tag to my Paytm wallet/ICICI a/c?
PayTm wallet - Yes. I am not aware about KYC process of ICICI.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 12:11   #3567
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
No joy so far, I will exhaust this tag and get an HDFC one, I guess!
I think ICICI Fastag is much better, know several people both on our forum and outside who have not had issues. I have 2 ICICI Fastags - one for each car, first one since 2015 and second since 2016.

Another option may be Equitas, there are several posts in this thread with positive feedback.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 15:36   #3568
Team-BHP Support

Update

To cut a long story short, I rang up the helpdesk and go a brighter guy. I told him that I cannot find any alternative link on the IDFC site.

He went mute, checked with someone and suggested that I use google and search "IDFC Fastag"

Bingo, the screen came up

It is now

https://etoll.idfcbank.com/dimtsportal/viewhome

All they need to do, is put proper links in the IDFC website
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 18:51   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Wanted to test, so transferred Rs. 200/- and it went thru fine. I have received SMS from Axis Bank regarding successful recharge and new balance of Rs. 249/-.

Hope that's about it. Trip is next weekend, so will know then.
The tag worked fine at a couple of tolls, till the point where balance dropped below 200/-. I was told by toll booth operators that minimum balance of 300/- needs to be maintained.

But yes, I'm relieved that tag still works and now that I have figured out how to add money to it, will continue to use the same Axis Bank issued tag.
Old 4th October 2019, 22:31   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
But yes, I'm relieved that tag still works and now that I have figured out how to add money to it, will continue to use the same Axis Bank issued tag.
AXIS Bank actually gives a kind of account# using which NEFT transactions can be done. What I have done is to setup this up in my salary account. Now I don't even goto AXIS bank web site for refill. I use my salary account holder bank's mobile app for recharge. Top Up/Refill is just a matter of minutes now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks