Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 17:29   #5056
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
Thanks! Yeah I remember reading a lot of posts with this suggestion. That is something I plan to do when I do pick up the tag. I was just wondering - maybe hypothetically - what stops us from keeping the tag in the glovebox and taking it out at the toll booth? Apologies if this is a rather idiotic query.
Wouldn't recommend taking it out of the glovebox when you are going to be driving at a fairly decent speed. You dont usually stop when you enter the fastag lane. Only when you hit the barrier and that too only when the sensor is slow in detecting the tag. Quite a few times when I was lucky i didnt even have to shift down to first gear.

Also before fastag was made mandatory. the toll attendant would allow you to enter the fastag lane only if the tag is pasted on the windscreen. Not sure how it is these days.

Overall it is just a painful experience both for you as well as those behind you if you are going to stop and take the tag out at every toll.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 18:15   #5057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Wouldn't recommend taking it out of the glovebox when you are going to be driving at a fairly decent speed...

..for you as well as those behind you if you are going to stop and take the tag out at every toll.
Thanks! These are good points! I wasn't sure if I'd be crossing the booth at speed. Most of the toll booths on the roads around Mumbai & Pune usually have a decent queue, so even FASTag equipped vehicles are usually at a halt in the booth during the scanning. Not always, but often - at least whenever I've crossed these tolls. Will keep these points in mind though.

I went along the glovebox line considering the earlier issue of ones FASTag getting deducted while the vehicle in front of you is supposed to be scanned. I'm not sure if this issue still persists. In any case, I can always keep some distance from the booth while the vehicle ahead of me is getting scanned.
Old 13th June 2020, 08:04   #5058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
I went along the glovebox line considering the earlier issue of ones FASTag getting deducted while the vehicle in front of you is supposed to be scanned. I'm not sure if this issue still persists. In any case, I can always keep some distance from the booth while the vehicle ahead of me is getting scanned.
It makes no major difference to the RFID scanner whether the tag is kept in the glove box or affixed on the screen. Since it works on radio frequency, a direct line of sight is not really necessary for your tag to get detected.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 10:51   #5059
Team-BHP Support

I have 1 fastag for my 1 car, I need another for my another car, can I purchase the fastag from the same account?

Anything to be wary of before going ahead?
Old 13th June 2020, 12:28   #5060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have 1 fastag for my 1 car, I need another for my another car, can I purchase the fastag from the same account?
Yes, it is possible.

There are posts in same thread of experience of members in doing the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 11:29   #5061
BHPian

Hi,
I ordered fastag from Paytm and received within a week, even during covid times. Good job on Paytm side.

However, the Vehicle number is missing from the envelope, any way to ensure I have received the correct one.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ea340d338aa54b2a80e4754fc2ab4351.jpeg  

Old 14th June 2020, 11:45   #5062
BHPian

FASTag working superbly, never had to pay cash in my recently concluded 2000 km road trip roundtrip (crossing 15 toll plazas each way, all of which accepted FASTag except one. And all of them had all lanes as FASTag enabled leaving only one lane for non-FASTag)

Great way to ensure social distancing in the present times. No exchange of currency, no lowering of window!

If you haven't already got FASTag, I suggest you get it once the lockdown ends. Perhaps ICICI FASTag or PayTM FASTag, as I get the feel from this thread that not all FASTags work equally well. These 2 are reported in this thread to work the most consistently. Sure enough, mine is an ICICI FASTag, and worked flawlessly.
Old 14th June 2020, 11:52   #5063
BHPian

I got my fasttag along with the new car. As such, payment apps like Samsung pay is not able to identify my fasttag using my mobile number and vehicle registration number. Topping up becomes an issue as I have to enter all details manually including wallet ID . How to get across this issue.
Old 14th June 2020, 13:52   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
I got my fasttag along with the new car. As such, payment apps like Samsung pay is not able to identify my fasttag using my mobile number and vehicle registration number. Topping up becomes an issue as I have to enter all details manually including wallet ID . How to get across this issue.
See if this helps:

https://www.quora.com/I-have-fastag-...ow-to-activate
Old 14th June 2020, 16:00   #5065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
I ordered fastag from Paytm and received within a week, even during covid times. Good job on Paytm side.

However, the Vehicle number is missing from the envelope, any way to ensure I have received the correct one.
Hi,
I am assuming that you already have a Paytm account, and you have ordered the fast tag from your account.

If so, you can try this inorder to check if you have received the correct one.
(Seems like they missed mentioning vehicle number)

1. Note down the Tag ID from the Fastag itself
(last 8 digits under the barcode)
2. Login to your Paytm account
3. Go to user profile >> Paytm balance >> Linked wallets >> Fastag
4. You will see your Fastag page. Click on "Manage Fastag"
5. In this page you will be able to see Fastag status, Tag ID, Car registration number
6. Cross check this Tag ID with the Fastag ID you have received
7. If both the IDs matches and your vehicle number is also correctly displayed in the page, then its almost sure that you have received a correct one

If this doesn't help then you can contact the Paytm customer care.

Give it a try.
Hope it helps and sorry if it doesn't.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 14th June 2020 at 16:06.
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 05:59   #5066
BHPian

Quite amused by the way which HDFC designed their fasttag software. I have sold my car to used car dealer and closed my fasttag account. HDFC promptly returned the balance amount to my account.

After procuring the new car dealer applied on behalf of me and HDFC rejected application saying my account is closed and another fasttag wont be issued to same number.

I reached out to their customer care and same response- "Saar you need to get new number to get new fasttag"

Not sure about motive of designing such logic into a software that customer need to change mobile number to have new fasttag for a new car.
svkndv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 06:05   #5067
Senior - BHPian

Got a message from SBI Fastag asking to upload a copy of my PAN card before 5/7. Anyone else received a similar message ?
Old 24th June 2020, 13:51   #5068
BHPian

Hi all - i have a Paytm Fasttag linked to my Paytm wallet for my car. I am selling the car and wondering what should i do about the Fasttag. The buyer said one cannot transfer it and i should just peel it off; however on Paytm i see an option to transfer to another Paytm account. The buyer says he doesnt use Paytm.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Also if i just peel it off, i can be assured of no further usage, but the Rs. 150 which is earmarked for the Fasttag in the Paytm account is then gone?

Thanks much !
Old 24th June 2020, 14:53   #5069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Any suggestions on what I should do? Also if i just peel it off, i can be assured of no further usage, but the Rs. 150 which is earmarked for the Fasttag in the Paytm account is then gone?
You can peel off the fastag before handing over the car. It cannot be reused since the circuit gets damaged when you peel it off. All you have to do is close the fastag by logging in your account and requesting closure. Your balance money should get refunded.

In my case, i had to change my windshield, and i asked for a replacement tag-which cost Rs 100/-. It has now been received and i see when i log in to my fastag account that the new tag has already been mentioned against my wallet and the old one has ben closed.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 17:15   #5070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi,

Give it a try.
Hope it helps and sorry if it doesn't.
Thanks for your reply.
My car number is there on the paytm website.
but the tag id mentioned on paytm website is an alpha-numeric whereas bar code on the fastag is numeric. they don't match. Does it mean I have received the wrong one?

I have dropped a note to paytm, lets see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks