Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2020, 10:21   #5086
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
@Parag / Itwasnt me - where exactly is this toll? I live on Kanakapura Road.
Please help with some coordinates or some landmark. I don't mind going in person there and taking a replacement ICICI tag.
This is on Doddaballapura Road, after Rajankunte on the Yelahanka - Doddaballapura Road.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-icici-fastag-.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th July 2020 at 10:24.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:31   #5087
BHPian

Thanks for the very informative thread.

I Have a question around FastTag for new car purchases.

Scenario:
Suppose I purcahse a new car and the car dealer has a tie up with a particular bank for FT.
Now they will insist to take the FT from this bank due to their tieup even though I dont have an account in the bank itself.
The dealers argument is that its just like a UPI number where you can do a NEFT to recharge.
However not haveing an overview / login account presents a problem that you cannot keep a track of what has been debited and during any problem, getting help from the bank will be difficult as you are not really a Bank customer.

My Question - Can I still take a Fasttag from my preferred source like PayTm for a new car even if the dealer has a tie up with a specific bank ?

If not, my options will will be to exhaust the original 200rs in the new FT issued by dealer and apply for a new one from my preferred vendor.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 7th July 2020 at 10:33. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 7th July 2020, 12:30   #5088
BANNED

@swarnava.ch; Looks like the card situation in the past. Very soon you should be able to
recharge using all banks/cards. In the early days all vendors were tied up to one bank.This is where Visa and MasterCard came in. The service provider wants your money, irrespective of the bank.
Old 7th July 2020, 12:34   #5089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
My Question - Can I still take a Fasttag from my preferred source like PayTm for a new car even if the dealer has a tie up with a specific bank ?
You can choose not to take the Fastag from the dealer and get one from your preferred bank. But the banks require you to provide an RC copy, for which you will have to wait for about a month. The dealer on the other hand, due to his tie-up can issue a tag immediately. Technically the banks also should be able to provide you a tag without the RC, but the couple of folks I spoke to in ICICI were not aware of the process and not very keen.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 12:40   #5090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

1. I used a piece of plastic screen protector which I had, not the tempered glass variety. This has a glue which can be reused as many times as required. You can even wash it and re apply and it will stick. Be careful which side you stick the Fastag. The pasting should be done on the non adhesive side of the screen guard obviously.
Can you please share details on this screen protector? Looks mighty useful
Old 7th July 2020, 13:00   #5091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Use old school razor blade or cutter blade. Took less than a minute when I switched from Equitas to Paytm.
Yes, I first wet the glue with the foam and then scraped it out using a scraping razor blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you please share details on this screen protector? Looks mighty useful
I got this for my cars head units. Bascially a screen guard meant for the iPad which is big enough for you to cut it to the size required. Hence, when I purchased it it was available as a pack of three screen guards. I used them for the car, my synthesizer screen and had this piece left. I cant find the same product again since the market is flooded with tempered glass screen guards. But found a link on Amazon which mentions its not glass https://www.amazon.in/Armourgard-Pro...4107325&sr=8-3

If you dont manage to find them I can pass on some transparent vinyl PPF which can be used similarly, just that you might be able to remove and reapply maybe 2-3 times at most.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th July 2020 at 13:07.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:09   #5092
BHPian

Used the Fastag after a long time. Took my car for a 20 KM drive and had to cross the Vanagaram Toll Plaza in the Chennai By Pass. Maintained distance with the vehicle in front and the transactions were seamless and there were no extra debits.

Quote:
Thanks for the very informative thread.

However not haveing an overview / login account presents a problem that you cannot keep a track of what has been debited and during any problem, getting help from the bank will be difficult as you are not really a Bank customer..
As of now all the Fastag providers are having a dedicated portal enabled for registration using the Fastag Id. It has details about the transactions, balance and some profile settings which is obvious. Even the call centers are different. Recharging through UPI based apps are encouraged and I don't see any issue in getting the Fastag provided by the dealer. You are discounted from dealing one more hassle in the overall purchase. Just ensure that the dealer has uploaded all the valid details including your name, Reg No and Chasis No.

Last edited by saisree : 7th July 2020 at 13:15.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:35   #5093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I Have a question around FastTag for new car purchases.

If not, my options will will be to exhaust the original 200rs in the new FT issued by dealer and apply for a new one from my preferred vendor.
I just did this seamlessly by requesting HDFC Bank to deactivate and refund me the amount in my dealer-provided FT, and simultaneously buying a new one from ICICI Bank.

HDFC Bank will need a couple of calls from the registered mobile number, an OTP followed by your HDFC bank details (if you have one), or will send a DD with the balance to the registered address. TAT is ~15 days.

In my opinion w.r.t. customer connects, ICICI Bank has the best website closely followed by Paytm's app. HDFC Bank's FT website is Cro-Magnon and I used to detest using it.

Note: I don't have any idea about the other providers.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:45   #5094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
HDFC Bank's FT website is Cro-Magnon and I used to detest using it.
HDFC's FT website is not only very poorly designed, but their overall service as far as FT is concerned, sucks. I have availed of most HDFC's offerings and services, and had to leverage my connections to get FT delivered. It still took a month. Seems that they have out sourced the business. Wonder why they are compromising their Brand Name and Value with such low volume and profitability products, and when they do not have core competence.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:58   #5095
BHPian

Quote:
Fastag Replacement Experience with ICICI:
I had similar issue, but it wasn't that difficult for me and it was with SBI not ICICI.

My car came with SBI fastag from dealer but I just didn't want this as there was no dedicated app or integration with SBI bank app, all it had was a website where one had to login to load the wallet and it charged money to reload the wallet if it's not from SBI bank! I had Paytm fastag in my previous car & worked like a charm especially since it's connected to Paytm wallet and I regularly use it.

Looked up options online to disable the SBI tag and found a form on their website. All we need to do is - fill the form, take a photo of car front, with both windshield & registration plate in view, with & without fastag (after removing) to ensure it's not going to be used and email them to the SBI fastag support. The tag was deactivated within 2 days of sending email and refund obtained in a month.

Meanwhile I had placed order for Paytm tag & it arrived within 2 weeks. And since then it just works fine!
Old 7th July 2020, 15:46   #5096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
I had similar issue, but it wasn't that difficult for me and it was with SBI not ICICI.

My car came with SBI fastag from dealer
Due to the surcharge levied for every recharge, I was forced to switch over to ICICI FASTAG even though my primary account is in SBI.

I applied for ICICI FASTAG online and got my tag delivered within 3-4 days but I was unable to contact SBI FASTAG customer service for account closure since their customer care number was always engaged. Once I spoke to them and go to know that I had to upload some documents. But before understanding what they were talking, the call was disconnected. Last week when I checked, they had added an option for online account closure and I happily closed my account with SBI and moved onto ICICI
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_2020070715314560.jpg  

Old 7th July 2020, 16:49   #5097
BANNED

FASTag:Worse time with PAYTM

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2020 at 08:06.
joshguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th July 2020, 19:09   #5098
BANNED

Dear Friends,

I have a question. I have two operational cars, one ARIA and one Celerio. I do not have Fastags for both the cars.

Question 1. Is a Fastag hardcoded with a vehicle Regn No ?
Q 2. Can I buy a Fastag for one car and keep it on the dash of the second car for usage ? (I do not stick it to the WS).
Q 3. Can the Fastag be disabled selectively ? Say, I don't have to pay toll at a particular booth ( I know the operator) ?

Silly questions, but will help me understand the methodology used.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 7th July 2020, 19:53   #5099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Question 1. Is a Fastag hardcoded with a vehicle Regn No ?
Q 2. Can I buy a Fastag for one car and keep it on the dash of the second car for usage ? (I do not stick it to the WS).
Ans: Yes, Fastag is hardcoded to car's regn #. Since it's unique to every car, you cannot use it in any other car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Q 3. Can the Fastag be disabled selectively ? Say, I don't have to pay toll at a particular booth ( I know the operator) ?
Ans: No, you can't. It used to be present earlier though when Fastag was not mandatory for tolls.

Quote:
Fastag Replacement Experience with ICICI:
While browsing the Paytm app for above query, I just found a straight forward way to replace the tag in Paytm and costs INR 100:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9814.jpg
Old 7th July 2020, 20:44   #5100
BHPian

Re: FASTag:Worse time with PAYTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

I am coming to Team-Bhp for a advise on how to proceed with my issue
Dear Sir,

Your issue is a peculiar one and looking at the trouble you had gone through I think you are frustrated already.
May I suggest a way out which is the easiest and at the least cost considering all the trouble you have already gone through.

For Your car:
Get a new Fast tag. Apply afresh, either through Paytm or any other Bank. getting new card is very convenient online as well as if you want, drive to your nearest toll booth in your city and there must be a Fast Tag agent present who will readily help you to get a new Tag. Just carry your Registration card, Insurance, Aadhar etc.

For your wife's car and the two wrongly issued Fast Tags:
Request for cancellation through the App directly for both.
If above does not work, call from her cell again to toll free number and try getting them cancelled again. Lastly keep the two wrongly issued cards safe till you get the cancellation confirmation.

Also try with mail communication from your account registered mail id to Paytm customer care. And handle the two cases separately and don’t club them. treat them as two separate issues.

If you follow both of the above, you will loose a few hundred now but will have mental peace.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 7th July 2020 at 20:45. Reason: Spelling correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks