Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 18:34   #5206
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Can you post a picture on this thread ?
Here is a photo of my FASTag.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20201004_173958.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:19   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Here is a photo of my FASTag.
Thanks, I needed this since I am not too warm of sticking Fastag in the center of the windshield.... I hope no Toll plaza gave you trouble for this location.
Old 4th October 2020, 20:33   #5208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
I hope no Toll plaza gave you trouble for this location.
I have been using it for three years now and did not face problem with the location. But please note that my vehicle is TUV300 and height is more than many other vehicles. In few occasions toll plaza guys had to hand scan but I think problem was with their sensor. I would suggest to put FASTag temporarily with adhesive tape and test few times, if it works at toll plazas then put it permanently on that location.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 21:38   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have been using it for three years now and did not face problem with the location. But please note that my vehicle is TUV300 and height is more than many other vehicles. In few occasions toll plaza guys had to hand scan but I think problem was with their sensor. I would suggest to put FASTag temporarily with adhesive tape and test few times, if it works at toll plazas then put it permanently on that location.
Good suggestion.
Old 4th October 2020, 23:28   #5210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I regularly cross Airoli toll and Mulund toll. I was told that it will start from October 1st with the revised rates coming into effect ( 40 for car now vs earlier 35 ).
I sincerely hope that MEPL understands in these Corona times, most users would prefer to avoid physical cash transactions at the other 4 entry points into Mumbai. Fastag is a boon for such payments, though Paytm is also an option for cashless toll payment.
I guess now we have to pay Rs 40 per crossing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I am new to Fastag so got a query. I recently purchased ICICI Fastag and there are two types of balances - Tag account balance and CUG Wallet balance. What is the difference between the two and in which of these should I keep the amount?
CUG is "Closed User Group.

If you have one ICICI Fastag Account and have multiple Fastags issued to that account since you have multiple vehicles, all you have to do is top up your CUG wallet by say Rs 10,000 and then transfer desired amount from your CUG wallet to the tag you wish to top up.
For most of us who have only one vehicle with a Fastag from a certain provider, we top up the CUG and transfer the amount to the Tag wallet.

Check out this link - CUG & Tag wallet
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 01:11   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
I've disliked FASTags primarily because it has been forced upon the people. Especially considering so many unnecessary (and unclear) KYC requirements makes me feel it's more oriented towards a mass surveillance system than an easy payments system. (no surprises there after Aadhar though)
I'm someone who is vary of mass surveilance systems too but saying Fastag on its own enables mass surveilance is spurious.

You do realize that number plates of every vehicle passing through the toll plazas are captured and recorded regardless of one uses Fastag or not right? What exactly are we avoiding by not using Fastag?
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 13:52   #5212
BHPian

Had a very heartening experience recently on my drive from Jaipur to Lucknow, so I thought will share it here. I was stuck on a toll plaza with some idiot arguing about having to pay 2x the toll because they had entered Fastag lane. Thankfully I had a little bit of space to manoeuvre the vehicle out of that lane to enter next one. I gestured towards and requested the truck driver next to me to let me enter the lane in front of him. He responded by asking if I had a fastag and promptly let me go ahead. I was delighted by the simple kindness and gesture. 2 take-aways:

1. The acceptance of the fastag in transport vehicles is actually quite good. Majority of long distance traffic I see now has Fastag. It's mostly local vehicles and idiots in cars that still resist and argue. Entitled lot. That's our issue.

2. I detest people jumping lanes, crowding mouths at lane-entry to destroy lane discipline. All you need is a gentle request, and if the inconvenience is minimum, even a truck-driver for whom the impact will be most, is happy to make a concession.

Last edited by Annibaddh : 7th October 2020 at 13:54.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 17:03   #5213
BHPian

PayTm FASTag adhesive on the back side.

My PayTm FASTag, which have been working perfectly for the past couple of years, stopped working last month. Called PayTm and they said they will reset something and to try again. Didn't work so ordered a replacement.

The new one was delivered in 3 days. But on the replacement, the adhesive is on the backside of the sticker so it has to be stuck to the windshield from the outside. I've not seen this before. Anyone else faced this? If stuck from the outside, anyone can remove and use it!
Old 8th October 2020, 20:21   #5214
BHPian

Amount credited to the source account after 5 months and Recovered from the Fastag account after 9 months

I recharged Fastag of Axis bank through UPI of ICICI on 22nd Dec 2019. Although the transaction was successful, the amount (Rs 1000) was not credited to the Fastag account and finally it was credited to the Fastag account on 28th Dec 2019.

After that until this September, since there was no necessity to use Fastag, I did not bother to check the account details. In September last week since I had to cross a recently commissioned Toll Plaza with Fastag, I casually checked the account and was shocked to find Rs 1000 debited from the Fastag account on 24th Sep ie.) after 9 months! The details in the Fastag Wallet statement reads like this.

MDR/33671XXXX/Adjustment Entry/UPI-CRGB-RECOV/9356173XXXXX/22-DEC-19 17:15

Then upon checking my Bank statement, I found that the same amount was credited back to my Back account in the month of May '20. Wonder what they would have done if there was not sufficient amount in the Fastag account!

So I decided to apply for a ICICI Fastag so that the Bank account & the Fastag account remains with ICICI and applied on 30th Sep and got it on yesterday 7th Oct.

As far as functionality of Axis Bank's Fastag, I have not faced any issue in any of the Toll Plaza's in its usage for over a period of about 1.5 years.
Old 9th October 2020, 00:19   #5215
Senior - BHPian

Re: PayTm FASTag adhesive on the back side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
The new one was delivered in 3 days. But on the replacement, the adhesive is on the backside of the sticker so it has to be stuck to the windshield from the outside. I've not seen this before. Anyone else faced this? If stuck from the outside, anyone can remove and use it!
Looks like you are just confused. Just remove the sticker backing and stick it from the inside. Or even better, just use cello tape and don't bother removing the backing.
I have observed that the newer fastags come with an opaque paper backing on the sticky side and the non-sticky side looks like the front. The older tags used to come with clear backing. If you remove the opaque backing, you will see the actual front side of the tag. Technically, the fastag shouldn't have a front or back side and should get detected irrespective of the orientation.
Old 20th October 2020, 09:56   #5216
BHPian

Cross posting from other fastag thread::

Guys, I am in a bit of dilema and need your help. My car has never been outside city limits (Mumbai). And now I have an inevitable trip coming up this weekend to Gujarat and due to the covid situation we would like to take our car. As I said my car has never been outside Mumbai, so never bothered to get a fasttag. Now will I be able to drive to Gujarat without a fastag ? Can I face any legal challenges?
Old 20th October 2020, 10:27   #5217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post

Guys, I am in a bit of dilema and need your help. My car has never been outside city limits (Mumbai). And now I have an inevitable trip coming up this weekend to Gujarat and due to the covid situation we would like to take our car. As I said my car has never been outside Mumbai, so never bothered to get a fasttag. Now will I be able to drive to Gujarat without a fastag ? Can I face any legal challenges?
There will be no legal consequences but you will be delayed at toll booths and will be charged double but as I understand your trip will be on weekend i.e. Saturday or Sunday. There is plenty of time, apply for a paytm fastag and check the estimated time for delivery, this will also help you avoid unnecessary contact with the attendants and will reduce your time spent on booths.
Old 20th October 2020, 10:44   #5218
BHPian

Yet again same response from Airoli toll, Mumbai that Fastag will be enabled in 15 days time ! Wonder what's taking it so long Other day midnight, I drove via Bandra--Worli Sealink and didn't know that it has dedicated Fastag lanes and other lanes do not accept. Ended up paying manually.
Old 20th October 2020, 10:57   #5219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post

You can travel without Fastag but you will waste a lot of time to pay cash toll and unnecessary contacts during the covid times. I was in a similar situation last week and decided to buy it in person instead of buying online and waiting for delivery.

It took me less than 10min to buy and activate a Paytm fastag at Devanahalli (Bangalore) tollbooth which had sale counters by Paytm, Airtel and few other providers. I was asked for RC (for fastag) and DL (KYC to register for Paytm).

Many NHAI tollbooths just outside the city have sale counters for buying and spot activation of fastags. You can drive down to the nearest tollbooth to get it done, or do this as part of your journey if you pass by these tollbooths during business hours.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 11:27   #5220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
It took me less than 10min to buy and activate a Paytm fastag at Devanahalli (Bangalore) tollbooth which had sale counters by Paytm, Airtel and few other providers. I was asked for RC (for fastag) and DL (KYC to register for Paytm).

Many NHAI tollbooths just outside the city have sale counters for buying and spot activation of fastags.
Well said, androdev!

I also did the same at my local SH tollbooth - they had a ICICI Bank chappie in residence who took end-to-end 10 minutes flat. Used the new tag at the same tollbooth within 15 minutes of activation, and enjoyed full access to my ICICI FT account within 30 minutes when I reached home. Kudos to MoRTH & ICICI bank both.

Yet to add my 'local pass' exemptions on this tag - that bit needs a personal visit to each tollbooth where you seek the local pass from.

I'd suggest Googling for the in-house agent numbers, speaking to him/her and then only making the trip.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed