Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 11:54   #4456
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello guys,

After reading many reviews, I ordered Paytm Fast Tag on 2nd of Dec. After a long delay, they delivered it on the 21st. Now I dont know how to register this fast tag to my car's registration number because they didn't ask for reg.no. at the time of purchasing the tag. I can't get a hold of their customer case as they are not responding on the app 24x7 help section and their toll free number is always busy. Anyone else facing similar problem with Paytm Fast tag?
This is strange. As far as I know you cannot even place the order without entering the car registration details and a copy of the RC.
How were you even able to order the tag?
Old 26th December 2019, 12:15   #4457
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

So traveled recently and this is what happened.
  • The HDFC fast tag i have had about 700 rs in it. Worked in 2 initial tolls.
  • Then on the third toll again reason given was BLACKLISTED.
  • Got into a fight with a toll plaza guy, cause he was very rude, but anyway ended paying cash.
  • Only thing they said was contact bank. And obviously HDFC never responds.
  • I have decided to now use the Axis bank Fast Tag.

Can someone please tell me what is a minimum balance for a Fast Tag. If someone uses Axis please tell me. Also how does one activate the newly purchased Fast tag ? Just recharge ? What happens to the money in the HDFC bank fast tag account?

Any suggestions will help. This fast tag thing is more unorganized and unplanned then i thought.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:38   #4458
BHPian

Well, I wish to post a dumb question. Requesting moderators to delete it if similar post exists.

Hitherto, I relied on toll reciepts as proof of date while travelling in another state. With fastag in, the toll reciepts seems to be a thing of past. My question is whether the sms recieved for toll deduction would stand as a valid proof for date of entry into another state.
Old 26th December 2019, 13:36   #4459
BHPian

Bought Axis Bank fastag & attempted recharge for INR 1200. Been 3 days but the amount is still not reflecting in the Fastag wallet. Axis Bank Customer Care is clueless. Will return the tag & get direct from NHAI at any toll plaza.
In the mean time will raise hell with their customer care & get refund.
Buy Axis fastag at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hello Everyone,

Axis bank recharges never reflect, hence buy at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It's a scam! Just do NOT fall for it. Call the NHAI number 1033 and speak to them at the toll. They will sort this out for you. NEVER pay, when you have sufficient balance in the tag.
I think 1033 is not operational. I have never been able to connect.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2019 at 07:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 26th December 2019, 14:05   #4460
BHPian

Does anyone know how to get a Paytm fastag explicitly linked to the Paytm wallet ? The fastag that i ordered and received is not linked to my wallet. I opened a support ticket with the barcode details but they simply close the ticket without resolving it.
Old 26th December 2019, 14:32   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone please tell me what is a minimum balance for a Fast Tag. If someone uses Axis please tell me. Also how does one activate the newly purchased Fast tag ? Just recharge ? What happens to the money in the HDFC bank fast tag account?
Damn, I have 3 Fastags from HDFC and this is disheartening. You need to contact them( which is next to impossible on their tollfree number) to deactivate your current tag and refund the security deposit paid on it. Maybe they will refund the loaded amounts too.
There can't be any minimum amount mandatory, as far as I can think. If you have sufficient to pay for the concerned toll, you should be good to go.
Old 26th December 2019, 14:56   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Bought Axis Bank fastag & attempted recharge for INR 1200. Been 3 days but the amount is still not reflecting in the Fastag wallet.
I am in a similar situation, though I have used Axis Fastag in last July, without any issue. I transferred Rs. 1000 on 22-Dec using BHIM and it is yet to reflect in Axis Fastag account. So I transferred money through IMPS and made my onward journey to my native.
Tomorrow morning I am returning back; so still wondering whether to recharge or wait for reply from Axis Bank.
Old 26th December 2019, 15:27   #4463
BHPian

I'm using ICICI FASTag, for over three weeks now. Predominantly, used in Silk Board - EC flyover (in Bengaluru), Krishnagiri & Attibele Tolls. There has been no issues whatsover. The toll rate deduction has been correct, so far. But, this has not reduced the queuing-up at the toll plazas. In fact, on 23rd of Dec, the CASH only lane was moving faster than the FASTag lane i was stuck in. But from a FASTag perspective, we've two ICICI ones in the family and no complains (yet)
Old 26th December 2019, 16:27   #4464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I used to get the same "Blacklisted" message at toll booths with my Axis fastag. I was told that there is a minimum balance below which your Fastag would be blacklisted. If I remember right, Rs.300 is that minimum threshold.

Don't go to Axis Bank for a Fastag. Just ensure that you load your HDFC fastag via their portal with more than sufficient money (mine always has Rs.1000 at a minimum) and you'll be fine.

Axis Bank's portal still doesn't work. To recharge their fastag, you'd need to NEFT money to it; and their wallet can only hold Rs.500 at the most if KYC isn't done. To complete the KYC process, branches tell you to do it online...and their portal doesn't work! I have long since neatly cut my Axis Fastag into pieces with a pair of scissors and am living happily with my HDFC fastag for 1 year now. Axis Bank has still not refunded me the money that is parked in my defunct fastag account....
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 18:04   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
If I remember right, Rs.300 is that minimum threshold.
Axis Bank's portal still doesn't work.
Currently I have Rs 200+ in my Axis Bank FASTag account (apart from security deposit of Rs. 200) and I am seeing it as 'active' in its portal.

Axis Bank's fastag portal is working properly and I am accessing it even from phone 3 or 4 times daily, in the last 4 days.
Old 26th December 2019, 18:15   #4466
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
This is strange. As far as I know you cannot even place the order without entering the car registration details and a copy of the RC.
A Paytm executive told me that it was a fault in the system which allowed the order to be placed without reg.no. After many attempts, my call got connected to Fastag customer care this morning and they asked me to upload RC copy to Paytm App.They have asked for 72 hrs time.Lets see what happens next.
Old 26th December 2019, 21:38   #4467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Err. Please see my posts earlier. We have an SBI FASTag, we specified it and declined the dealer offered tag. We had to send copy of RC, which has not been done so far. The tag works has been used 3 times, worked as intended, and the vehicle engine or chassis number shows up where the registration ought to. We have loaded money online twice - the UPI does not work.
Old 26th December 2019, 21:46   #4468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Axis bank recharges never reflect, hence buy at your own risk.
I am using credit card for recharge and it reflects in 15 min. Tag worked smoothly at all tolls to Kanyakumari from Bangalore. Very nice experience. Indeed an excellent move by government to mandate it. Seeing huge lines for cash lane makes it feel better at all times.
Old 26th December 2019, 22:02   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Well, I wish to post a dumb question. Requesting moderators to delete it if similar post exists.

Hitherto, I relied on toll reciepts as proof of date while travelling in another state. With fastag in, the toll reciepts seems to be a thing of past. My question is whether the sms recieved for toll deduction would stand as a valid proof for date of entry into another state.
Have a ICICI Tag, It offers you an Fastag estatement online statement which includes the following details
1) Name
2) Address
3) Tag Account
4) Vehicle Number
5) Below Transaction details for each toll
a) Date & Time
b) Activity
c) Unique Transaction id
d) Transaction Description (Toll info)
e) Amount

Think this should solve your problem.

Last edited by JayKis : 26th December 2019 at 22:03.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 22:14   #4470
BHPian

I have a query for ICICI FASTag users who have applied for an Add-On tag for their 2nd vehicle. After rasing a query through Helpdesk-Request-Add On Tag, and recharging the CUG wallet with the requisite Rs. 500/-, how many days did ICICI take to process the request?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks