Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2020, 20:12   #4531
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Today, I went for a short drive with my family to have lunch at a restaurant just past the Airport (I live in Bangalore). I crossed toll booths both while going and while returning. I did not get any SMS confirming toll being deducted from my wallet.
So I logged in to the portal, and my account balance is intact! Not a single rupee has been deducted!

Should I be worried, or should I be happy?
My guess is you live within 15km of that particular to plaza. If the owner's address is within 15 km of the plaza, he gets to go free.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 20:45   #4532
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Hello Team, I received my Fastag today from HDFC. I already logged into my account and generated a password and checked my wallet balance, which was found to be INR 300/-. I would like to know if I can start using it now, or is there any other activation procedure that needs to be done before using the same.
Kindly excuse if this has been already answered in the forum.

Wishing my fellow BHPians a very Happy & prosperous New Year!!
Old 1st January 2020, 20:47   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My guess is you live within 15km of that particular to plaza. If the owner's address is within 15 km of the plaza, he gets to go free.
My house is 38km away from the toll plaza. And in any case, are toll booth tag readers equipped to not only read the tag ID but also the address and then calculate the distance and then decide to charge or not?
Old 1st January 2020, 21:02   #4534
BHPian

Quote:
I did not get any SMS confirming toll being deducted from my wallet.
So I logged in to the portal, and my account balance is intact! Not a single rupee has been deducted!

It happened to me recently in MH at two toll plazas. As I was entering the toll gate, the red led message board after boom barrier was displaying a peculiar message. Something along the lines "ETC offline. Please use cash".

I expected toll operator to collect cash from me but they just waved me to pass. What was even more strange was my fastag was blacklisted (insufficient balance) during that time due to a technical issue at paytm wallet.

I didn't see those charges on my account yet. So I guess thats that; free ride due to technical glitch.
Old 1st January 2020, 21:02   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Happens often to me in my paytm fastag. Sometimes deductions are shown next day or even couple of days later. No need to be worried and if deduction doesn't happen be happy for the small saving
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 21:16   #4536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Here is what I know. There are two components in the tag. RFID transponder (black chip) at the center and antenna (silver/aluminum pattern). Ideally both need to be in that non-blocking region of the windshield but if thats not possible, make sure the chip is in that region with maximum antenna coverage. Placing tag vertically should not be a worry if that ensures max coverage for antenna...
Thank you so much. Will try placing it vertically in the ‘transparent area’ and see if it works. By frunk did you mean under the bonnet ? I doubt the fast tag will work that way.

On that note has anyone tried placing it vertically the fast tag ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st January 2020 at 21:46. Reason: Trimmed quote. Quoting full posts hinders readability.
Old 1st January 2020, 23:55   #4537
Senior - BHPian

I went to pick up my returning family from the Bangalore airport. I was charged Rs 90 each way instead of the return trip fare of Rs 130. What do I need to do?
I thought it was smart enough to determine this, and only charge me Rs 40 for the return.

My round trip was less than 30 mins at the toll gate.
Old 2nd January 2020, 02:06   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Since I notice your location as Chennai, I am sure booths along Bangalore route would surely be selling them.
Thanks I will check out, last I traveled about four weeks back there was no stock at the toll and a few offices were closed. Will try to visit the closest one.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:38   #4539
BHPian

I am repeatedly getting double debits on same trip, each time i cross ecity flyover towards bangalore. Complaints to icici and nhai twitter handles don't elicit any response either, while backend teams close chargeback with random reasons. The charges are often raised with a 5 minute gap and it's very difficult to dispute unless you tell them, you drive a car, and not a fighter jet to cover the to and fro distance in 5 minutes.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:46   #4540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
Today I traveled back and forth to Bangalore Airport and crossed Devanahalli Toll plaza. There is just one lane for Cash and all others were FastTag enabled. Drive through was a breeze both ways but noticed that I was charged for one way toll charges for both the trips - not for the round trip. The transactions were within 2 hours of each other.
I have faced exactly this same issue when going to the airport a few days back, though I did not bother to follow up with the customer care, since it was not a huge amount in question. However, I feel its best to mention to the attendant at the toll booth operating the fast tag scanner that you are doing a round trip, just like you would do in a cash payment situation. Maybe that would remedy the situation.

I can see that this has occurred with may people including members on this forum. As usual, extra money going into the pockets of the NHAI and unsuspecting customers being fleeced.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd January 2020 at 09:49.
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:18   #4541
BHPian

Drove back from Chennai via krishnagiri yesterday night and had by far the best fastag experience ever. Despite relatively heavy traffic I didn't have to stop at any toll apart from attibele. The best part was I didn't see any cash user in the fastag lanes and given how long the cash queues were I am sure it is going to prompt more to shift to fastag. And this was with only about 50% of the lanes reserved for fastag.
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:34   #4542
BHPian

I am a frequent traveller to Pune from Mumbai and my experience with the PayTM fastag has been hit and miss. It works for most part correctly. When going towards Pune, the tag reads fine but while returning, it is becoming an issue off late. I always get "Insufficient Balance" error on the display despite having the full ₹230 required for the expressway run. This is in addition to the stupidity of Paytm called the Fastag wallet which keeps ₹150 aside anyway. I am thinking of shifting to Airtel Fastag. Atleast I dont have to deposit 150 for the rest of my life interest free to Paytm. Anyone used the Airtel Fastag can share their experience?
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:35   #4543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have faced exactly this same issue when going to the airport a few days back, though I did not bother to follow up with the customer care, since it was not a huge amount in question. However, I feel its best to mention to the attendant at the toll booth operating the fast tag scanner that you are doing a round trip, just like you would do in a cash payment situation. Maybe that would remedy the situation.

I can see that this has occurred with may people including members on this forum. As usual, extra money going into the pockets of the NHAI and unsuspecting customers being fleeced.
I don't think informing the attendant will help. He is just scanning the Tag.

What needs to happen, happens at the back-end. I think this is probably a glitch and seems some tolls are being charged two Single trips instead of a 'Return' charge.

I must add however that my experience so far (which was much before the deadline was implemented) has been quite OK. I don't recollect having to pay 2 single trips any time.

There should be a provision to raise a claim. No?
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:39   #4544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Do note that this exemption is not an automatic one. You need to apply in person with government-issued proof of address + the RC of the (nom-commercial) vehicle; both addresses must match. This can only be done at the concessionaire's office who will then update the FASTag application with the local pass details. You will then have to renew it monthly.

For example at KIAL toll, the local pass for unlimited journeys costs Rs. 256 monthly.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:36   #4545
BHPian

A strange thing happened yesterday. I was on my way to durgapur & the fastag worked as expected on all tolls except one. The transaction was not recorded for to & fro journey at rajbandh toll. Later i came to know that similar incident happened with another traveler at the same toll. We almost gave up on it & thought that we got free pass due to some bug. But the transaction sms came and the transaction was recorded 5 hours after i crossed the concerned toll. Both of us got sms at the almost the same time. Is there any batch clearance kind of system in this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks