Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2020, 17:54   #5281
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Ok people - don’t laugh at what I’m going to say.

I lost my tag , yes , lost it. I had not put this on the windshield and had instead kept this loose and would normally be in the glove box. Each time we see a toll one of us in the car will hold this up and we pass ( ya , I can still hear you all laughing )

Last week , my son and I went to Hosur and back. Onward was peaceful. At the return, we realised that we can’t find this in the car.

I have to find a place that sells ICICI tags. I live at South Bangalore. I am assuming that the toll near the elevated flyover at eCity end may have an ICICI counter ? Or would the one near Airport be better ?

Any other pointers / location that I can buy one ICICI tag will be highly appreciated.

And this time , the first thing I’ll do is to stick it to the windshield.
Old 15th November 2020, 18:03   #5282
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
And this time , the first thing I’ll do is to stick it to the windshield.
Laughing aside, I'm wondering why you kept the tag in the glove box and handled it manually every time, it could have easily damaged the wafer thin RFid tag!

We have been discussing since last 3-4 years in the forum about how we can avoid sticking the tag to windshield by pasting it on a plastic sheet and then using cello tape to paste that sheet to the windshield so that it gives you enough flexibility to change its location if it's not ideal for the toll scanners to detect or in case of any windshield replacement due to damage, you can reuse the same tag on new windshield.

Anyway, I think the right thing to do now is to contact your tag issuer and ask for replacement tag (same details as earlier registered tag) and not get a new tag

Last edited by NPV : 15th November 2020 at 18:06.
Old 15th November 2020, 18:06   #5283
Senior - BHPian

Thanks NPV. Call me pure lazy, because the idea was to keep this inside a different transparent case and then stick it on. My original one stopped working and I had taken this as a replacement in one of my drives to Karwar during July and ever since, I just didn’t pay attention to the Tag.

When I take a new one, this will be a replacement and hence the specific need to find an ICICI place.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd November 2020 at 10:36. Reason: Typo
Old 15th November 2020, 18:19   #5284
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I take a new one, this will be a replacement and hence the specific need to find an ICICI place.
ICICI Bommanahalli branch, one of the ICICI Fastag agents (some of their contact information is on this thread in various posts) or the ICICI Fastag customer care numbers are probably your best bets.

How did you request the replacement tag back in July ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd November 2020 at 10:36. Reason: Quoted post edited.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 18:32   #5285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
probably your best bets.

How did you request the replacement tag back in July ?
Thank you.

The original one stopped working when I did the windshield film sometime in Feb 2020.

I had read one post from Parag about a very service oriented ICICI rep at a toll near dodballapur(I may be wrong on location ). That post came around the first ‘Unlock’ times and i used that for a good 100km round trip. Somehow that Tag stopped working enroute Karwar and I found one ICICI desk at Bankapur toll and they replaced this free of cost. This one was working so fine till such time I ‘lost’ it.
Old 15th November 2020, 18:57   #5286
anb
BHPian

Got the delivery of a new vehicle last day with paytm fastag. I know the fastag ID. How to check the balance and recharge the paytm fastag ?
Old 15th November 2020, 19:49   #5287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Got the delivery of a new vehicle last day with paytm fastag. I know the fastag ID. How to check the balance and recharge the paytm fastag ?
Check in PayTM app. You will see consolidated wallet balance. You dont need to charge it seperately. Just keep the PayTM wallet balance healthy. Fastag will fetch it from there.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 20:25   #5288
BHPian

Quote:
When I take a new one , this will be a replacement and hence the specific need to find an ICICi place.
Why don't you call ICICI Customer care up. They'll send across a replacement tag within 10 days. Unless you want the tag before that.
Old 15th November 2020, 20:31   #5289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Check in PayTM app. You will see consolidated wallet balance.
If the Paytm FASTag is provided by a vehicle dealer, how does owner link it to the Paytm wallet/account?
Old 16th November 2020, 01:47   #5290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to find a place that sells ICICI tags. I live at South Bangalore. I am assuming that the toll near the elevated flyover at eCity end may have an ICICI counter ? Or would the one near Airport be better ?

Any other pointers / location that I can buy one ICICI tag will be highly appreciated.
You can contact the agent from ICICI Bomanahalli branch, Piyush - 81050 05248
Very efficient chap and I got the replacement tag almost immediately. The replacement cost was also deducted directly from the tag account and he didn't take any money from me.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 11:51   #5291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As others mentioned, you can contact ICICI Bomanahalli branch. Earlier Fastag desk was located on the left side of the building. That is, you should go through the boundary and take the left side entrance which is not visible directly from their main door/ parking lot.

Old 16th November 2020, 17:52   #5292
Senior - BHPian

Dear Jaguar and Suhas - thanks heaps.

Update : I got a replacement tag today. I was about to leave to this branch at B’halli when my son asked if there are other places. I mentioned the Devanahalli toll and we both exchanged a look and lo- we set off to the airport, with my wife joining in too.

Replacement and activation took hardly any time. No charges either. All done in less than 2 minutes. I only had to show proof of my RC.

I had a lovely 120km drive and we managed to catch up with some food at the airport terminal. ( OT : the airport was quite busy at an unusual time of 1.30 pm. I was expecting a near empty terminal ).
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 09:28   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Been using the Equitas fastag since 2017. Had a word with the customer care exec. a few minutes back and have been informed that now the recharge amount gets directly credited to the Tag balance (instead of the wallet balance, as was the practice sometimes back) Probably this has been discussed in the forum. It's definitely a welcome move.
Old 19th November 2020, 11:53   #5294
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Please get the vehicle number added instead of the chassis number.
Update:
It was my stupidity to believe helpline’s story and suggestion (it was working fine within the city till the previous week) I had to visit the nearest branch(no online option) to do this but the trouble persisted, so finally I got a new FasTag to replace the faulty one by visiting the same branch again after a couple of days but on a positive note, I could do it in 30min by visiting the branch directly. The new one has worked fine so far.

Last edited by sgm : 19th November 2020 at 11:57.
Old 23rd November 2020, 03:23   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Travelled today from Thrissur to Bangalore.
All toll gate Fastag worked except Electronic city flyover one. By the time, I reached this toll, my balance was Rs. 176. The toll was Rs. 50 and it did not get honoured.
There is a minimum fastag balance of Rs. 150 to be maintained. Since, payment of this toll, the balance would have come down to 126. Is that is the reason, the tag did not read?
I thought the tag will work even within the safety balance of Rs. 150.

By the by, I'm having the Paytm fastag.
Could possibly be. If you don't have any reservations, try the Auto Reload feature of Paytm wallet. It will auto reload the wallet with specified topup amount whenever wallet balance goes below a specified minimum amount.

This removes any need to adding money manually to the wallet and have never faced any issues with low balance or blacklisting in my 2.5 years of using Paytm Fastag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks