Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 14:59   #5131

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
When did this started? I used an ICICI fastag till some months back and now I am using Paytm fastag. Noone demanded such PAN linkage.
If I am not wrong, without PAN you can't load money in excess of ten thousand in the tag wallet. But not linking PAN is leading to blacklisted tag? This is something new about which I have no idea nor I saw any such information in media.
Can you please provide screenshot for the same?
Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot while verifying my PAN with Fastag which I did about a week ago. But now It appears that only SBI Fastag Holders are getting such flash notification about mandatorily linking PAN upon logging in Fastag account. This can be confirmed by a fellow SBI Fastag user only. Any other SBI Fastag user here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Wait a minute. When did this happen ? I don't remember receiving any notification on the same. I am checking my Fastag provider - Equitas as we speak and there is no provision to link Pan Card
As I said, it seems the issue only with SBI Fastag users. Otherwise you would have received a flash notification right after you logged in your Fastag account if it was universal case. Only other SBI Fastag holders can confirm about this.
BTW SBI is notorious for making its customers run post to pillars. last time I remember SBI had asked to link Aadhar and PAN to its account holders so maybe this is one such useless stunt by SBI.

Request to Moderators - Kindly edit my above post and make it SBI Fastag holder specific only.
Old 29th July 2020, 21:49   #5132
BHPian

A stone chip on the windscreen of my Honda Amaze made me send it to the dealership for replacement.
On enquiring about the Fastag, I was told that I would be given the portion of my old windscreen with the Fastag which I could show to the Fastag company and get a replacement.
I was really doubtful till I went to collect the car and I found this in the boot:
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

RS90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 22:28   #5133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS90 View Post
I was really doubtful till I went to collect the car and I found this in the boot:
Thats a nice momento those guys came up with What an idea. You could just request for a new tag without having to show this medal of honor. I have written about it a little earlier in this thread.

Regarding PAN linking, I am unaware of the same even though I have three tags one each from ICICI, Paytm and HDFC. Except that Paytm has my KYC done, none of the three have details of my PAN and I haven't been intimated to share the same with the service provider.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 14:28   #5134
Senior - BHPian

I did a Bangalore to Udupi trip yesterday morning. The fastag lane on at ParleG on Tumkur road and the first toll on the Hassan road were so late to open that guys who paid cash were ahead of me by the time the barrier opened. It required some assistance from the personnel at the toll booth for all the cars in both the fastag lanes. But it was pleasant on the other three tolls which I passed with the barriers opening immediately.
Old 31st July 2020, 16:27   #5135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
I did a Bangalore to Udupi trip yesterday morning. The fastag lane on at ParleG on Tumkur road and the first toll on the Hassan road were so late to open that guys who paid cash were ahead of me by the time the barrier opened. It required some assistance from the personnel at the toll booth for all the cars in both the fastag lanes. But it was pleasant on the other three tolls which I passed with the barriers opening immediately.
I too passed these toll booths yesterday on the way to Mangalore and experienced the same. It required manual intervention from the booth operator to make the light turn green and open the barrier. I returned to Bangalore today and didn’t face the issue on any toll booths on Hassan road but the issue was there on the Tumkur road elevated highway. It took more than 30 seconds to detect the tag. Fortunately I returned at non-peak hours and there was no queue. It’ll be definitely an issue during peak hours.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 16:15   #5136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I returned to Bangalore today and didn’t face the issue on any toll booths on Hassan road but the issue was there on the Tumkur road elevated highway. It took more than 30 seconds to detect the tag. Fortunately I returned at non-peak hours and there was no queue. It’ll be definitely an issue during peak hours.
I returned today and experienced the same. No issues on my return at any of Hassan road tolls, but the Tumkur road had a long queue of vehicles and the cash lane was faster than the Fastag.
The tolls at Hejmady and Surathkal had manual intervention, but was quick.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:35   #5137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Team how do I recharge my Amazon procured Fastag via Bhim App. It says handle is vehicle number@issuing bank handle .But in this case who is the issuing bank. I am new to UPI and Amazon Fastag. I have tried searching for recharge method by credit card,but did not find any,hence downloaded the Bhim App.
Hi, can you please share the link with me from where you bought the FASTag through Amazon? I am unable to figure this out, and need to buy one urgently.

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 13:21   #5138
Senior - BHPian

Adding the experiences of getting a Fastag on our cars here:

- Since Dad prefers HDFC over any other bank and the Vento is regularly used for expressway runs, he bought a Fastag in the month of July 2019. As soon as the car returned. I went down and started the process of cleaning the windshield and then applying the RFID tag. On the Monday after this weekend, Dad went to the ETC lane to test the tag. Low & Behold, this tag didn’t work! I checked. It had funds and was being shown as an active tag. Tried contacting HDFC every weekend regarding the Fastag hoping to get a decent response about a replacement tag till December when I ended deciding Dad to change the issuing authority to ICICI. A total damage of ₹600.

- The tag was ordered on Wednesday and arrived at my house on the next Tuesday. Applied the tag again and this one worked perfectly well. The people from ICICI were completely transparent in all communication. Even though tolls are quite few on the expressway, it had led to a reduction of almost 4-5 minutes in total.

- On the Spark, we had applied the PayTM FasTag which was bought from PayTM’s website. However, this tag has not been used as such as that car has been facing a few issues recently.
Old 2nd August 2020, 18:46   #5139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Hi, can you please share the link with me from where you bought the FASTag through Amazon? I am unable to figure this out, and need to buy one urgently.

Thanks
https://www.amazon.in/s?k=fastag&spr...nb_sb_ss_i_2_6
I could not see the generic one though, these are bank specific I guess.
inder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:57   #5140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
It had funds and was being shown as an active tag. Tried contacting HDFC every weekend regarding the Fastag hoping to get a decent response about a replacement tag till December when I ended deciding Dad to change the issuing authority to ICICI. A total damage of ₹600.
Hi Akash, total damage to you should be only 200 which is the cost of the tag itself. Please pursue them to close your wallet and refund the monies!

I am in the process of doing the same but their call centre staff are either incompetent and/or geared to go slow on such requests.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:52   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Akash, total damage to you should be only 200 which is the cost of the tag itself. Please pursue them to close your wallet and refund the monies!

I am in the process of doing the same but their call centre staff are either incompetent and/or geared to go slow on such requests.
Hi itwasntme!
As I've mentioned above, me and Dad have both tried doing everything possible to get a replacement tag. But, as you said HDFC's (practically) useless RFID call centre is pretty much the slowest of all. So, haven't really bothered calling them after getting the ICICI Tag.
Total damage was indeed 600 since we had to pay 500 (100 for tag and 400 wallet balance) + 100 once we got through to get a tag (which we never received till date).
Old 7th August 2020, 11:52   #5142
BHPian

Hi,
Just saw on ICICI FASTAG login that there is an option for "Fuel Transactions". Is this what i think it is? Can we pay for our fuel purchases using FASTAG? Attached the screenshot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_fuel.jpg  

kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 15:01   #5143

This might be off-topic, but can you guys share what you'd like to see in your FasTag? Anything about the delivery, transaction, or tracking experience that you'd have liked? I work in this space and am looking at feedback from the community
Old 8th August 2020, 09:15   #5144
Senior - BHPian

Friends - Where in the ICICI webpage do you see the list of tolls that the Toll got debited ? I dont know what link on the page i am missing, and something tells me that its a very trivial and obvious one staring at me, but somehow, cant locate it.

On my trip to Karwar on the 25th July, i faced a unique issue. Display was 'Blacklist' at Bankapur, Hubli and the tolls further on. I realised that i hadnt got the the text messages of toll money debits. The account had more than 1000 bucks. The lady at Bankapur was firm and had asked me to back up and enter cash lane, the Hubli person was ok to collect cash and let me go. The help desk at ICICI Fastag, though easy to get on phone couldnt tell me anything other than the fact that my fastag is 'Active' in their systems. At the next toll near Ankola, i found the ICICI desk, the person there was too slow, had no idea what the system was showing, had struggles to enter simple details to check etc..I gave up and went ahead thinking i will solve in the return.

Two day later, had stopped at the same toll near Ankola, same person. This time, i entered the office and helped him navigate. Besides telling me that my toll is Active, he wasnt helpful either. My request to him was to give me a new Fastag and deactivate the older one, and he kept repeating that my Fastag was active. I somehow coaxed him to come out of the office to the toll plaza, asked him to see the display and then he tells me ' Sir - blacklisted'. I was at my wits end then, and thankfully, one more person was inside the ICICI office. He understood the issue, told me that the Sticker may be damaged somehow, and within a minute, deactivated the older one, helped me remove that, and gave me a replacement, got it activated and came to check if this worked at the same toll booth. It did work, i got my SMS as well instantly, and I proceeded. From then till home, it was a super smooth drive on the 27th, a Monday.

ICICI Fastag Experience thus far :-
a) Reaching Helpdesk - Easy
b) Getting to speak to the helpdesk person - Easy
c) Solving issues for User ID / Password etc - Easy
d) Anything beyond the above 3 - not so easy ( i dont blame them, they can only tell what they see in front of their screens )
e) Availability of their representatives at highway tolls - High
f) Willingness to help when you approach the reps at the tolls - High
Old 9th August 2020, 11:42   #5145
BHPian

I've disliked FASTags primarily because it has been forced upon the people. Especially considering so many unnecessary (and unclear) KYC requirements makes me feel it's more oriented towards a mass surveillance system than an easy payments system. (no surprises there after Aadhar though)

My experience with them has been terrible as well. As someone earlier pointed out on this thread as well, the requirement to maintain a minimum balance is just absurd. My Fast Tag requires me to have a Rs. 100 balance minimum, and if the balance falls below this, no toll payments are processed. The toll plaza display says "blacklisted" instead. So, even if the toll I have to pay is 20 bucks, and I have 90 rupees in my account, it wouldn't be processed. This is completely absurd. Banks have a minimum balance limit to make sure they can process withdrawals simultaneously - there's absolutely no reason for a payments (essentially wallet) system to have a minimum balance. More so, when it is mandatory for me. In other words, I have lost this amount forever. The amount is small, but it's a point of principle especially when it is being thrust upon millions of people.

I'd be happy to hear what other members think about this (and my GOD, I hope everything I said is incorrect and the world is a better place in fact).

As a side note, is anyone aware as to the legal sanctity of the fastag mandate? I don't think it's statutorily backed; but if someone here has access to the relevant notification/order, that would be helpful.

This rant aside, I'm looking for a specific answer too: my SBI Fastag isn't letting me recharge it - I'm unable to log in at the website. I've tried contacting the customer service, tried the road-side agents, nothing is really helping. I suspect the dealer input his (or a wrong) phone number when I purchased the car, and that is why the website is not recognising my number and stopping me from logging in. Any suggestions?

What if I simply discard the SBI fastag, and get a new, fresh one (writing off whatever measly balance I have in SBI)? Would that create any problems?

Last edited by N.A.GTC : 9th August 2020 at 11:44.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed