Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2020, 15:54   #5176
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
  1. Cash back has never been credited
  2. Every recharge needs an extra 10-15 rupees as convenience charges, even though i hold a SBI account. No possibility of adding money via BHIM UPI too.
  3. The toll deduction sms takes its own sweet time in arriving.
Agree 100%. Same issues here. I too also have a SBI account.
I have loads of balance on the tag and planning to change to another Fastag after exhausting the balance.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 16:20   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Agree 100%. Same issues here. I too also have a SBI account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
In the beginning, I had wrapped the tag in a transparent cover and stuck it to the windshield using a cello tape.
I am a new fasttag user and purchased a paytm from a local store near my house. Worked like a charm at about 15 tolls so far. I removed the sticker cover and stuck it on a plastic transparent sheet and then cello taped it to my car. At one place i was too close to a truck and that time they brought a handheld scanner to read it but apart from that no issues.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 21:50   #5178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Maybe, but I still see Close Account option in the portal under customer service menu.

Maybe if someone wants to close, can try this option
Yeah, there is an option, I used that. Service requests created but no action after that.

If someone closed his/her ICICI fastag in recent past, please share your experience.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ss1.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ss2.png  

mukeshgoel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 22:59   #5179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yeah, there is an option, I used that. Service requests created but no action after that.

If someone closed his/her ICICI fastag in recent past, please share your experience.
Yes I did close my FASTAG account online. I got the refund credited directly into my bank account in about 15 days.
inder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:06   #5180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Yes I did close my FASTAG account online. I got the refund credited directly into my bank account in about 15 days.
Was it ICICI fastag? If yes, I think they have special affection towards me. After all, I am their customer since 2002.

In the meantime, I bought Paytm fastag yesterday and today, it is activated. I got SMS and I can see that in my paytm app. Delivery date is 16th Sep.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 13th September 2020 at 23:08.
Old 14th September 2020, 22:17   #5181
BHPian

Yes it was an ICICI bank FASTAG
inder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 22:33   #5182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

ICICI Fastag systems are short on manpower due to the Covid situation as per them. In fact, I needed a replacement tag after cyclone Amphan and they were slow in dispatching but it did reach me eventually. Usually, their Fastag systems are one of the better managed ones among the plethora of options. So, I guess that's the case with your delay as well.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 22:27   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
I closed my ICICI Fastag couple of days back. I haven't received a refund yet. However looks like the Fastag is deactivated already. Status is Pending Closed. I don't know why it takes so much of time to close it permanently. Fingers crossed
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20200917221732__01__01__01.jpg  

nexus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 00:13   #5184
Senior - BHPian

Fastag has been started at Vashi toll plaza in Navi Mumbai. Good news for people travelling to and from Mumbai to Pune and beyond. I guess other toll nakas of Mumbai will also follow suite.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 21:09   #5185
BHPian

Hi,
I am buying a used vehicle delivery of which is going to happen on this Sunday. Next week I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Calicut and back. The E-Passes have been taken based on this vehicle's number.

The vehicle however does not have Fastag currently. Since it would take at least 21 working days for RC card to be issued and for me to apply for a PayTM Fastag using the new RC card, is there any workaround?

I have been a Fastag user ever since it was first launched for my Thar. Are Cash lanes still open?

My wife had purchased a fastag for her car, which we have sold. This Fastag was never fixed to the windshield of her car. Can I use that Fastag as a temporary measure for this trip? Will the inconsistency between the vehicle number associated with Fastag and the actual number of the vehicle cause any issues? I know that this sounds illegal/fraud but just exploring all workarounds.
Old 18th September 2020, 22:52   #5186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
Hi,
I have been a Fastag user ever since it was first launched for my Thar. Are Cash lanes still open?

My wife had purchased a fastag for her car, which we have sold. This Fastag was never fixed to the windshield of her car. Can I use that Fastag as a temporary measure for this trip? Will the inconsistency between the vehicle number associated with Fastag and the actual number of the vehicle cause any issues? I know that this sounds illegal/fraud but just exploring all workarounds.
You can use your wife's fastag and since the class of vehicle does not change, the toll operators must be ok with it and that does not actually sound something illegal, though it is not perfect. You will run into issues if you try to use a tag meant for a car in a truck or a multi axle trailer since you are getting away paying far lesser toll. My new car does not even have the registration number linked with the fastag and I have been using it for a few times without issues.

Alternatively, you can check in Devanahalli or Yelahanka Doddaballapur Toll booths or any booth in Tumkur road, Nelamangala where you can get a tag issued and activated immediately.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 13:40   #5187
BHPian

My dad's Tiago got the Fastag from PayTM. It was given by the dealer. The car does not get on the highway much, so after an year and a half of buying the car, the Fastag ran out only recently. I tried to recharge the Fastag, but then realized that the PayTM Fastag is recharged by simply recharging the PayTM wallet. Butttt...whose PayTM account? The dealer was Concorde who has shut shop and no one in the new dealership knows about how Fastag was issued there. We are planning to get a new Fastag. So the questions are:

1) How do we check if our Fastag is tied to our car?
2) If yes, what is the procedure to un-tie it.
3) Can I simply get a new Fastag and throw away the old one?
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 18:09   #5188
Senior - BHPian

I have used my SBI Fastag about four times on the Vashi toll plaza in Navi Mumbai. Please note this is not on a national highway and the service has just started.
Although I have received sms' for the debit of Rs.35 each time, it is not deducted on the SBI app.
Anyone observed or faced this issue ?
Old 19th September 2020, 22:01   #5189
BHPian

Vashi Toll Naka is currently Fastag enabled at the right most lanes (2 nos) while going into and returning from Mumbai. Experienced this in the morning and thought I should share here. Hope Airoli, Mulund & Dahisar Tolls are also Fastag enabled. Toll fee collected message as SMS & email is received within seconds of the vehicle passing the barrier.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-d.jpg
Ithaca is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 18:32   #5190
BHPian

I had bought a HDFC Fasttag last October but so far hadn't had a chance to use it. Today I went for a drive to Nandi Hills and crossed through Bangalore Airport toll. At the toll, I was excited & nervous to see if it will work smoothly or not as I really wanted to avoid any face to face interaction with toll operator while crossing. I had pasted the tag on windshield exactly as per guidelines mentioned in this forum i.e. towards co-driver side, next to IRVM. It worked like a charm on both onward and return journey. Car was moving at a slow speed of around 5kmph when it scanned it and opened the boom barrier. Also, deduction for onward toll was Rs 95 and being a return journey on same day, the amount deducted during return was Rs 45 only as expected .

Overall a great first use experience of fasttag
viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks