Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 16:24   #6031
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Sometimes, the display shows "Invalid tag" even though the tag is active and has sufficient wallet balance. The operator then does some action on their system, upon which the toll fee gets paid from the tag. On such occasions there is a delay of a few seconds before the barrier opens. This is an intermittent observation, maybe around 30% of the times this happens.

When this error does not occur, the display shows the vehicle number and "Valid tag". On such occasions the barrier opens immediately and I can pass without having to even stop the car completely.

Not sure why the same tag works flawlessly sometimes, whereas in some cases the system says it is invalid but the operator is able to make it work.
Old 6th April 2022, 22:54   #6032
BANNED

Sorry for asking noob question, does any bank's fast tag works with all toll plazas ? The reason i am asking is that i have IDFC fast tag which is activated but not installed, when i checked their website there is a toll plaza list in which only 3 toll plazas from kerala are listed. Which means rest are not supported? I thought all tags works with all toll booths.
Old 7th April 2022, 02:28   #6033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Sorry for asking noob question, does any bank's fast tag works with all toll plazas ?
Yes. Does not matter which service provider you are using. It'll work at every toll plaza which supports fastag provided you have sufficient balance in it.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:15   #6034
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Yes. Does not matter which service provider you are using. It'll work at every toll plaza which supports fastag provided you have sufficient balance in it.
Thank you , but why they have published a list of toll plazas, any thoughts?
Old 7th April 2022, 10:05   #6035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you , but why they have published a list of toll plazas, any thoughts?
Primarily because Fastag is a union government initiative; so state-run toll booths aren't by default covered unless the state's road works department opts in. Most people are not aware of this distinction hence the list is necessary.

For example, MSRDC (Maharashtra) accepts Fastag on MPEW. TNRDC on ECR and OMR etc.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 11:19   #6036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
For example, MSRDC (Maharashtra) accepts Fastag on MPEW. TNRDC on ECR and OMR etc.
Also Hyderabad Airport parking started using Fastag two years back. Link

Not sure why others have not started using fastag for automated parking. Fastag has provision to use it in Malls also.
Old 7th April 2022, 14:40   #6037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

Not sure why others have not started using fastag for automated parking. Fastag has provision to use it in Malls also.
Bangalore Prestige Shanti Niketan mall has started accepting Fastag No more waiting for change or QR code scanning!
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 16:22   #6038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Few weeks back an apartment complex nearby started using Fastags to open their entrypoint boom gates for bonafide residents' cars.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 18:49   #6039
BHPian

For some reason, the Chennai Bypass (Vaanagaram) toll does not deduct the return toll for my FasTag. For onward, it deducts Rs.45 correctly but on return within a day, it has to deduct Rs.20 as same day return but does not deduct even after several weeks too. I checked my PayTM history and FasTag statement. This now happened for 3 out of 4 times in the last couple of months. Anyone experienced it?
Old 7th April 2022, 21:59   #6040
BANNED

Quote:
Primarily because Fastag is a union government initiative; so state-run toll booths aren't by default covered unless the state's road works department opts in. Most people are not aware of this distinction hence the list is necessary.

So all fast tags are not guaranteed to work in all toll booths? If yes, which one supports the most tolls?
Old 7th April 2022, 23:18   #6041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So all fast tags are not guaranteed to work in all toll booths? If yes, which one supports the most tolls?
A tollbooth will either accept fastags or not. There is no distinction between fastags from different service providers.
Old 8th April 2022, 10:23   #6042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are not getting it. Fastag is accepted at all NHAI toll booths (as far as I am aware - there might be some remote toll booths that are still not on the network, but I doubt this). Some state road toll booths also accept Fastags, but this is more exception than norm.

Wherever Fastags are accepted, tags issued by every issuer are accepted.

The differentiating factors when choosing a tag issuer generally are:
  • Default, chosen by vehicle dealer.
  • Existing relationship with issuer, discounts offered etc. Ease of acquisition.
  • Software/process innovations that make managing & using tags easier (eg: fleet operators seem to prefer ICICI Bank because of their fairly advanced management / ERP system).
  • Customer support level of issuer. I think many people have been turned off Axis, HDFC etc. because they sucked at this.
  • Informed choice, such as the one made after reading through this thread (Who is your preferred FASTag provider?).
The following needn't be criteria while choosing a tag provider:
  • Acceptance. All tags are accepted at all toll booths.
  • Recharge options. All tags can be recharged through UPI via netc.vehiclenumber@issuer.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:28   #6043
BHPian

Quote:
Few weeks back an apartment complex nearby started using Fastags to open their entrypoint boom gates for bonafide residents' cars.
Our last apartment in Bengaluru had this enabled in 2019 itself. Beats having to take another RFID Access Sticker, and there's no payment, just recognition of the vehicle.
NowNew7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:18   #6044
BHPian

I have a Fastag on my car. It is procured from Axis Bank. I don't have any bank account with Axis Bank. I want to recharge that Fastag. Whenever I go to the Axis Bank website for recharging it, it throws an error that my KYC is incomplete. When I complete it and visit the recharge page, it again throws the same error, and likewise it becomes a loop.

Can I attach this very Fastag to some other Bank of my choice? Will it get linked or will have to procure an altogether new Fastag or can someone (friend, relative) having an account with Axis Bank recharge my Fastag?

Any urgent solution to this?
Old 11th April 2022, 15:32   #6045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I have a Fastag on my car. It is procured from Axis Bank. I don't have any bank account with Axis Bank. I want to recharge that Fastag. Whenever I go to the Axis Bank website for recharging it, it throws an error that my KYC is incomplete. When I complete it and visit the recharge page, it again throws the same error, and likewise it becomes a loop.

Any urgent solution to this?
Urgent solution would be try recharging it with UPI. FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20220411-15.28.41.png
Albeit do it with a smaller amount first. If your KYC is complete I don't think you'll face any issues. Source for reference.

Quote:
Can I attach this very Fastag to some other Bank of my choice? Will it get linked or will have to procure an altogether new Fastag or can someone (friend, relative) having an account with Axis Bank recharge my Fastag?
No, you cannot attach this to some other bank of your choice. The procedure would be to first deactivate this one, then get a new one. They're linked to your car's registration number and you cannot have more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Now I tried recharging the Fastag through my PhonePe. It asks for either the vehicle number of registered mobile number. On entering either of it, an error is thrown - Your Fastag details are currently unavailable.

However on searching my email, I saw an email which has provided a Wallet ID. Will parking an amount in this wallet tantamount to be a recharge?
I am not sure about it. Why not try it with a small amount? I've been using paytm and it does work with wallet. IIRC, 250 is the minimum amount fastag requires the surplus one is fetched from wallet, this is in case of Paytm.

Since your tag details are unavailable, I'd suggest calling up the customer care. They'll be in a better position to help you and guide you.

Last edited by batish : 11th April 2022 at 15:54.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks