Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 09:05   #6106
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Being a Fastag vendor for around 5 different banks, I can answer the question which most users have.

As long as the previous tag is not blacklisted, you can get a different Fastag from another issuer without any problems.

Although it's not mandatory to close the previous tag, it's advisable to close it so that the database will be updated and your balance and security deposit will be refunded.
KA18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 09:33   #6107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Being a Fastag vendor for around 5 different banks, I can answer the question which most users have.

As long as the previous tag is not blacklisted, you can get a different Fastag from another issuer without any problems.

Although it's not mandatory to close the previous tag, it's advisable to close it so that the database will be updated and your balance and security deposit will be refunded.
Thanks! really appreciate you confirming this. When I go to the NPCI website, is shows the tag as active, not blacklisted. It is with Airtel. So I will go to some other bank, whichever is available at the Nelamangala toll booth.

Can you please also kindly let me know if there is anything i need to mentioned at the toll booth when I go to get the 2nd tag issued? For example, should I tell them to append the VIN after the Regn number?

Also, the car is in my sister's name. The RC has her name in it. But we dont have her adhaar card, photo etc. I plan to have the tag issued under my name, so if I just carry my aadhaar is it sufficient?

Really appreciate you helping me out here.

Last edited by revhappy : 10th June 2022 at 09:36.
revhappy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:11   #6108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post

Also, the car is in my sister's name. The RC has her name in it. But we dont have her adhaar card, photo etc. I plan to have the tag issued under my name, so if I just carry my aadhaar is it sufficient?
Tag is issued in the name of the owner (name on RC card). I don't think you (third party) will be able to get tag using your documents. Please confirm beforehand to avoid any surprise while buying on the spot at toll plaza.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th June 2022 at 11:14.
Old 11th June 2022, 11:21   #6109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Tag is issued in the name of the owner (name on RC card). I don't think you (third party) will be able to get tag using your documents. Please confirm beforehand to avoid any surprise while buying on the spot at toll plaza.
This is not exactly true. I have fastags for my Dad and FIL cars (RC in their names) linked to my paytm account. Both dont have digital presence, and its easier for me to just manage all fastags under my own account.

However, its true that those fastags were issued using RC and not my own document proofs. Anyways, Just RC is needed for fastag in case of paytm account.

Last edited by Comrade : 11th June 2022 at 11:23.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 11:42   #6110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post

However, its true that those fastags were issued using RC and not my own document proofs. Anyways, Just RC is needed for fastag in case of paytm account.
That's what I meant. Documents, if any, will be needed of the RC owner, specially since the OP wants to buy tag on the spot.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th June 2022 at 11:45.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 06:51   #6111
BHPian

Hi all,

Just to update; I was able to get a kotak fastag at nelamangala toll booth, even though my Airtel tag is valid. So I can confirm we can have 2 tags for one car both linked to regn number.

When we reached at the toll plaza early morning at 5am. an Airtel guy came running and although we told him we have an Airtel tag, he said he will manage to create a new tag. But my account is dormant and my name doesn't match. The whole thing is a big screw up. Luckily kotak agent was also there.

Within few minutes he was able to issue a new tag, using my aadhar as proof and my sister's RC. No problem.

I was also able to recharge it via Amazon pay UPI linked to my bank account.

I am actually an NRI living in Singapore and have no idea about this Paytm, UPI etc. My NRI bank accounts with ICICI were also linked to my Singapore number.

Luckily the previous day, i thought of trying out what this UPI thing is and asked my ICICI customer service to Change my phone number to my India temporary Airtel prepaid number and immediately my Amazon pay was able to detect the NRI accounts linked to my mobile number and now i can do seamless payments directly debiting from my ICICI Bank account.

I think all NRIs should read this. In India now everywhere it is UPI, Paytm, cashless. It helps setting up one here even if you are on vacation.
revhappy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 09:42   #6112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Luckily kotak agent was also there.

Within few minutes he was able to issue a new tag, using my aadhar as proof and my sister's RC. No problem.

This is very good and thanks for sharing

Out of curiosity, how is the account KYC handled since they did not ask for RC owner ID or address proofs? Just asking since the KYC pending /renewal issues have been reported by many people I know, which ended up in tag black listing in some cases.

While you are in India, it is better to check with the bank if KYC is complete and all ok.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th June 2022 at 09:50.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:46   #6113
BHPian

Hi all, I have one specific question about Paytm fastag.

In my paytm wallet, the balance was 0. But for my paytm fastag they have reserved Rs.150/-. In this situation I approached a toll gate (Karjeevanahalli toll plaza near Tumkur). The gate didn't open and it displayed low balance.

Toll fee is just Rs.100/-. Now the question is why on earth it didn't deduct from that paytm fastag reserved balance?
Old 15th June 2022, 18:31   #6114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Road_Rover View Post
Now the question is why on earth it didn't deduct from that paytm fastag reserved balance?
Have you tried contacting Paytm customer care regarding this?
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 10:08   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Have you tried contacting Paytm customer care regarding this?
Yes, I did. But there is only prerecorded audio that is played in the call. They never transfer the call to a real human.

Same when I initiated a chat. Their robot replies, not humans. I am frustrated.
The_Road_Rover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:58   #6116
BANNED

Feel this is the right thread to post this. My take is, now use gpay to reacharge your tag with the money estimated by gmaps.

Link to news.
Old 16th June 2022, 16:56   #6117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Feel this is the right thread to post this. My take is, now use gpay to reacharge your tag with the money estimated by gmaps.
Yeah saw that in action when I was planning my return trip from Calicut on last Sunday. But both these things are old:
  • UPI recharges of Fastags have always been possible via netc.regnumber@issuingbank system.
  • To figure the toll amount for your journey, NHAI has maintained this website for many years.
This one just seems to be combining the two into a press release.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 20:24   #6118
BHPian

I am planning to sell my car by next one month. I have ICICI fastag pasted in my car and also I have some balance. Could you please advise what I need to do before selling the car?
Old 17th June 2022, 20:29   #6119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
I am planning to sell my car by next one month. I have ICICI fastag pasted in my car and also I have some balance. Could you please advise what I need to do before selling the car?
You can close the Fastag and get the balance refunded to your bank account. Login to your Icici fastag account (web version and not app). There is option to close tag. Fill up online form and upload required documents including bank details where you want money refunded. Your tag will get deactivated within few days and refund will be issued to your bank account within few weeks. You can submit this request before selling the car and remove the tag before car handover. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th June 2022 at 20:32.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 09:48   #6120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Road_Rover View Post
In my paytm wallet, the balance was 0. But for my paytm fastag they have reserved Rs.150/-. In this situation I approached a toll gate (Karjeevanahalli toll plaza near Tumkur). The gate didn't open and it displayed low balance.
Being a user of Paytm Fastag, curious to know whether the above is recorded in your app as a failed transaction?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks