Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2023, 22:43   #6241
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is it possible to get a refund of money which is already charged in your fastag if you aren't planning to use it?
I'll tell you my experience. My new car came with an IDFC Fastag and I wanted to change to HDFC, so I called the IDFC helpline for advice. They asked me to peel off the IDFC sticker and email them a pic of it, along with my ID proof, car registration copy, a pic of a cancelled cheque and a signed application requesting them for a refund. I got the refund in my account in about 8-10 days.
I had applied for my HDFC fastag before doing this so waited till it came in before ripping off the IDFC one.
The procedure should be somewhat similar for you.
FarPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:26   #6242

Apologize if this is a topic that has already been covered. I tried searching for it in this thread and couldn't find an answer.

My situation goes like this. I am taking delivery of a new car next week. The dealer only offered SBI fastag which I am not interested in. I already have two wallets with Axis bank and HDFC bank each. I don't want to add a third wallet. I would like to add the new fastag to one of these wallets.

I am reading that the RC document is required to get fastag for a new vehicle which will take ~40 days to reach me in Bangalore. I have an office commute that involves using the toll everyday.

Any suggestions on how I go about procuring a new fastag with Axis Bank or HDFC without waiting for the RC to come?
Old 10th March 2023, 15:30   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advant View Post
Apologize if this is a topic that has already been covered. I tried searching for it in this thread and couldn't find an answer.

My situation goes like this. I am taking delivery of a new car next week. The dealer only offered SBI fastag which I am not interested in. I already have two wallets with Axis bank and HDFC bank each. I don't want to add a third wallet. I would like to add the new fastag to one of these wallets.

I am reading that the RC document is required to get fastag for a new vehicle which will take ~40 days to reach me in Bangalore. I have an office commute that involves using the toll everyday.

Any suggestions on how I go about procuring a new fastag with Axis Bank or HDFC without waiting for the RC to come?
I have had similar situation where I wanted to go with ICICI but dealer had tie up with some other bank I was not interested in. Luckily, ICICI has this facility in net banking where existing savings account holder can order Fastag online by just providing car number (no car document required to be shared). It uses savings account KYC itself. Of course, the car owner name must match savings account name.

So I told the dealer to go ahead with registration (and I would get Fastag myself) and share the RC number with me. Once I got the number, I placed Fastag order online using netbanking and got the tag by the time the car was ready for delivery (2-3 days). Shared tag details with the dealer and got it affixed during delivery itself.

Check if your preferred banks have this option then you can follow the same process.

Another thing you can try is to check if any of these banks have a stall near your toll plaza where you can go with your new car after delivery and get a tag without RC copy (may be using the Digilocker details or RTO receipts if that works). Not tried this method myself so not sure but no harm in checking in case toll plaza is nearby.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th March 2023 at 15:42.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 23:44   #6244

Dear fellow bhp-ians,

Greetings,

I needed our esteemed forum's help to clarify a point which is not very clear on the fastag websites of banks / Paytm. All of them mention that Fastag has a validity of 5 years post which it expires. But none of them have any information what to do post expiry?
My situation is that my fastag has healthy balance but the tag itself will expire, having reached 5 years on 13th March, 23. So I am not sure that if I order a replacement tag, will it have a validity of another 5 years or do I need to apply afresh for FASTAG altogether- in which case it will be new wallet Id and new Tag Id.
I also stumbled upon the below link : https://ihmcl.co.in/fastag-user/
which states under FAQs:
"FASTag has unlimited validity. The same FASTag can be used till the tag is read by the reader and not tampered with. In case due to wear and tear the reading quality depreciates, please reach out to your Issuing Bank for a new tag."

I plan to travel over the nxt weekend and hope that the issue gets sorted by then.
Thanks & Regards,
Javageek
Old 12th March 2023, 09:38   #6245
BHPian

My Grand i10 was purchased in Dec 2017 along with its FasTag from ICICI, it works fine.
Its 5 years got completed in Dec 2022 and the FasTag worked in the mall parking.
Old 15th March 2023, 12:56   #6246
Team-BHP Support

I recently replaced my windshield and needed a new fastag.
My provider is ICICI.

Today found a Fastag dealer at the end of a toll gate. He took my car number and that triggered an SMS.
This blocked my old Fastag.
He gave me a new Fastag and I got another SMS. This activated the new tag.

It cost me Rs 100 and less than 5 mins.

Super impressive.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:51   #6247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
... He took my car number and that triggered an SMS.
This blocked my old Fastag.
He gave me a new Fastag and I got another SMS. This activated the new tag...
Did the balance get transferred over to the new tag?
Old 15th March 2023, 15:53   #6248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javageek View Post
But none of them have any information what to do post expiry?
This is what happened to me (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!).

Do note that my old tag was working prior to this replacement, it was that I was having a feeling that the detection was taking a while more or not happening proper sometimes.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 18:41   #6249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Did the balance get transferred over to the new tag?
Yes it did.

The transfer was without any other actions on my part.

The tag works fine as it got used in my return trip home.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 08:35   #6250
BHPian

I have a Paytm fastag on our car but it's always problematic. Fastag being detected is always a hit or miss. Most of the time, I'd say fastag is invalid or has no balance despite having atleast 600 in wallet plus the minimum fastag balance. It has gotten really frustrating and whenever I reach out to support they just say fastag is active and has balance. They wouldn't replace the tag free of cost even. So irritated, I have decided to get one from ICICI and paid from my sb account.

What's the right way to close Paytm tag and activate icici tag with minimal downtime?

Side note: failed to notice the name can't be edited while ordering in ICICI imobile app. The account is on my name while car is on mother's name. Is that a concern?
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 11:06   #6251

Update:
So I set out on drive from Pune to Indore, armed with change cash and mentally ready to pay twice the toll at the first toll gate. The idea was to purchase a new fastag should the need arise after the toll gate, as the fastag sellers are usually on the "other" side of the tollgate. Apparently the fastag does not "expire" any more as mentioned on the IHMCL website, and i was able to cross all the toll gates, all the way from Pune to Indore using my 5+ years old HDFC Bank Fastag. Having said that I would suggest to steer clear of HDFC Bank Fastag as their customer support exactly defines what "horrible" means.

So friends, happy driving and happy fastaging without worrying about expiration.

Best Regards,
Javageek
javageek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:31   #6252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
.... I have decided to get one from ICICI ...The account is on my name while car is on mother's name. Is that a concern?
I am eagerly waiting for an update from you . I am in the same boat and would love to replace my dad's paytm fastag with one from icici under my own account.
Old 25th March 2023, 13:34   #6253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I am eagerly waiting for an update from you . I am in the same boat and would love to replace my dad's paytm fastag with one from icici under my own account.
It might work the first time you order online. But KYC /closing the tag in future may be problematic due to name mismatch.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:39   #6254
BHPian

IHMCL’s site allows purchasing fastag monthly around 15 days in advance. But this time, when I tried today, I could not get the option to buy monthly personal pass for April. Any idea why?
Old 25th March 2023, 14:18   #6255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
What's the right way to close Paytm tag and activate icici tag with minimal downtime?

Side note: failed to notice the name can't be edited while ordering in ICICI imobile app. The account is on my name while car is on mother's name. Is that a concern?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I went from a HDFC to Paytm and finally to a ICICI tag. For Paytm tag raise a request on their app via help and support and request for a closure. Once the tag is deactivated then apply for a new one on the ICICI web site for Fast Tag. ICICI has the best site for Fast tag details and any tags which are registered against your mobile no will appear once you login.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks