Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 21:53   #6331
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I was using the "etoll by ICICI" app for the past few years without any issues, even last week it worked after a short highway run and showed the transactions.

Today, it shows this dialog! (My Android phone is not rooted)
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20230701_210855.jpg

Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Old 1st July 2023, 22:11   #6332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hello,

By any chance, did your try to modify/change the factory settings of your phone ?

I saw a thread on t-bhp here recently, that shows how to change/modify the factory settings for android phone users, may be this is one of the drawbacks of that modification. I’m not sure though.

Long time back, a bank website didn’t let me login cuz I was trying to access it on jailbroken iOS device.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 08:31   #6333
BHPian

Quote:
I was using the "etoll by ICICI" app for the past few years without any issues, even last week it worked after a short highway run and showed the transactions.
Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Check if you have enabled "developer options" on you phone.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 09:58   #6334
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
By any chance, did your try to modify/change the factory settings of your phone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Check if you have enabled "developer options" on you phone.
Absolutely not, my phone is running in as stock a condition as possible and this is a sudden development which I noticed just yesterday. Last I had used the app was a week ago. In between this time period, I think there was a planned outage for the app (remember seeing a notification last week) and possibly even an app update that installed and this is right after that.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd July 2023 at 10:00.
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:57   #6335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was using the "etoll by ICICI" app for the past few years without any issues...

Quote:
In between this time period, I think there was... an app update that installed and this is right after that.
Google recently switched from the SafetyNet API to the Play Integrity API. It is possible that ICICI's attempt to integrate the latter introduced some bugs. Wait it out for the next 1-2 app updates and see.

https://developer.android.com/traini...ation-timeline

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd July 2023 at 18:59. Reason: As requested.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 18:15   #6336
BHPian

Not sure if this is discussed, but I want to buy my own fast tag for a new car. Dealer is insisting that I take it from him. But if I do, I get one which cannot be linked to my paytm account, but to hdfc or some bank. I like to link my fast tags to paytm, as my paytm balance is auto topped up from my bank account whenever it goes below Rs 2k, so I never need to worry about having an adequate balance. Is there a way of getting my own fast tag for a new vehicle?
Old 12th July 2023, 18:36   #6337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheru8b View Post
Not sure if this is discussed, but I want to buy my own fast tag for a new car. Dealer is insisting that I take it from him. But if I do, I get one which cannot be linked to my paytm account, but to hdfc or some bank. I like to link my fast tags to paytm, as my paytm balance is auto topped up from my bank account whenever it goes below Rs 2k, so I never need to worry about having an adequate balance. Is there a way of getting my own fast tag for a new vehicle?
Pretty simple in my opinion. Tell the dealer not to stick the Fastag to the windscreen and with the car details, you can order one for yourself from the place you want. You can let the dealer provided one lapse or call the customer care and have it cancelled and get the balance refunded.
dass is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 19:45   #6338
BANNED

Take VIN / engine and chassis number from dealer. Use it to get tag from Paytm. Hand over the tag to dealer. Be with them while it being applied on the wind screen.

Once the plates are installed, and RC is received, take vehicle photo and RC copy and give to Paytm. They'll link vehicles number to the tag. Till this step is done, you can't use UPI to recharge tag. But you can use other means to load balancer into the wallet.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 20:21   #6339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Once the plates are installed, and RC is received, take vehicle photo and RC copy and give to Paytm. They'll link vehicles number to the tag. Till this step is done, you can't use UPI to recharge tag.
I have skipped the "take vehicle photo" and subsequent steps for my car. It has been nearly five years since I bought it; nobody from Paytm has ever asked me to do these steps either. I quite happily recharge using UPI too.

When I pass through toll booths the display boards show the (masked) VIN instead of the registration number, of course.

Last edited by binand : 12th July 2023 at 20:26.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:41   #6340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Pretty simple in my opinion. Tell the dealer not to stick the Fastag to the windscreen and with the car details, you can order one for yourself from the place you want. You can let the dealer provided one lapse or call the customer care and have it cancelled and get the balance refunded.
Quote:
Take VIN / engine and chassis number from dealer. Use it to get tag from Paytm. Hand over the tag to dealer. Be with them while it being applied on the wind screen.

Once the plates are installed, and RC is received, take vehicle photo and RC copy and give to Paytm. They'll link vehicles number to the tag. Till this step is done, you can't use UPI to recharge tag. But you can use other means to load balancer into the wallet.
Both the above methods should work. I have tried the second one to order tag from icici bank (I had the registration number available before delivery). This is what I did.
As soon as dealer shared the registration number he blocked for my car, I ordered the tag online using icici savings account netbanking. Also informed dealer that I would get tag on my own. Got the tag delivered in 3-4 days, handed it over to the dealer during delivery to fix it and done!

Advantage with icici was that I didn't need to share any car document but just the registration number because savings account and car owner were same name so it used account KYC. Saved me trouble of any additional paperwork later to get the tag updated to RC number (as mostly the dealer provided tags have chassis number which has to be updated later once RC card is received).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th July 2023 at 21:45.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 22:05   #6341
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheru8b View Post
Is there a way of getting my own fast tag for a new vehicle?
Yes, of course!
I recently bought a Tata Harrier and before I booked the car, I told the Sales manager I had a few must-have requirements/expectations from them and one of them was regarding Fastag. Their tie up was with IDFC and I wanted ICICI since I had an existing Customer Id with 2 tags linked to it for the Dzire and Wagon R and I wanted the Harrier also to be linked to the the same Id.
This meant I had to do the leg work to get the tag, but it wasn't very difficult. I spoke to an ICICI Fastag executive who coordinated with me on phone and got the work done:
1. Gave him the VIN/chassis number and the Engine number.
2. Next day, he sent me a pdf called the Proof of fitment of Fastag with the details mentioned along with a tag number
3. Sent this pdf to the dealer so that they could proceed with RTO formalities starting with Tax payment followed by registration
4. Once I received the registration number from the dealer, passed this on to the Fastag executive who then updated the ICICI tag record with the car registration number
5. Made the payment to the executive and he couriered the tag to my home address the next day
6. It took 3 more days for the dealer to receive the HSRP (due to a weekend in between)
7. When I went to take delivery of the vehicle, I placed the tag in a plastic card size cover and then pasted that on the windshield using cellophane tape so that I can experiment with the position at toll plazas before I finalise the location

Last edited by NPV : 12th July 2023 at 22:06.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 23:09   #6342
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have skipped the "take vehicle photo" and subsequent steps for my car. It has been nearly five years

When I pass through toll booths the display boards show the (masked) VIN instead of the registration number, of course.
Same here. Got the tag from my bank instead of the dealer. Sent the RC and photo to the branch manager, who misplaced it. Did not complain because the manager happens to be my wife, and the registered owner. So I have no reason to complain.

Since the wallet has to be recharged from her account, the good lady struggles a bit everytime the wallet needs to be recharged. The vehiclenumber..Netc@Bank UPI format well documented here does not work. A minor hiccup. (Entering the vehicle number in the app won't work because vehicle number is not mapped to the tag. And because the tag works, the lady insists linking is not needed.)

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 12th July 2023 at 23:14.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 23:28   #6343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vehiclenumber..Netc@Bank UPI format well documented here does not work.
netc.[VIN]@paytm works just fine for me.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 09:41   #6344
BHPian

How do folks pay tolls on the two-wheeler (such as Bangalore NICE Rd; Electronic City FLyover; etc)?

Does one need to get fastag for two-wheelers?

I am planning to resume my two-wheeler journeys and hope to soon enough start that!
Old 16th July 2023, 20:42   #6345
BHPian

Are they deducting 110/- each side (220/- total) for KIAL Bengaluru FASTag now? Today I paid 220/- after passing the toll for drop at airport at 7:50 pm and return at 8:30 pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks