Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 22:37   #6256
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

In pre fastag era, return toll fare on the same day used to be cheaper than 2 x one way toll fares. After Fastag, the return toll fare was automatically deducted at a lesser rate then one way. For example if return toll fare was Rs. 135/- and one way was Rs. 95/- then onward journey deduction would be Rs. 95/- and return journey deduction would be Rs. 40/-

I've not really checked in my cars about Fastag deductions and so I don't know if these rules have changed. This is mainly because the deduction SMS comes many hours after crossing the tollgate and in no particular order. So difficult to track. I have 3 Fastag one linked to Airtel, one to SBI and one to IDFC.

However today in my car equipped with IDFC Fastag, I was checking SMS after a short trip and noticed the return toll fare was more than the onward toll fare.

Current Fastag users please check and advise if the rules have changed?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_0048.png
Old 27th March 2023, 10:32   #6257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
In pre fastag era, return toll fare on the same day used to be cheaper than 2 x one way toll fares.
However today in my car equipped with IDFC Fastag, I was checking SMS after a short trip and noticed the return toll fare was more than the onward toll fare.

Attachment 2433541
In My experience, using PayTM fastag, all same day return deductions have have been half of one-way toll, rounded off to next 10. Example, if one way toll is 45 or 50, return should be 25. Never seen it to be more, or even same. Most toll booths have 24hrs rule, if you return within 24hrs, your toll would be half of one-way toll. Not sure on why it is more.
Also, in PayTM app, I can see at what time I passed toll booth and at what time money got deducted, so no confusion there.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:10   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Rules have not changed. For round trip travel in the same day, the discount is applied on the return leg.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:23   #6259
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The rules are the same as before. On the return leg, you are charged half, provided, you do it within the day.
Old 27th March 2023, 20:16   #6260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
PayTM app, I can see at what time I passed toll booth and at what time money got deducted, so no confusion there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Rules have not changed. For round trip travel in the same day, the discount is applied on the return leg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
The rules are the same as before. On the return leg, you are charged half, provided, you do it within the day.
As you can see on the screenshot, return journey was on the same day within 3 hours.

Even the boards displaying the rates which previously had 3 columns viz. One way, return and monthly/ local are now missing. Only one column with the fares is posted in multiple toll gates.

On going through my previous Fastag transactions, this seems to have happened only in Chokkenahalli Toll plaza.

Another discrepancy I noted was at Mahabalipuram Plaza on 10,11,12 Feb 2023. The first day was charged Rs. 45/-, the next 2 days at Rs. 70/-, One way, return and one way. But on different calendar days though.

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 27th March 2023 at 20:23. Reason: additional info.
Old 27th March 2023, 22:01   #6261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On going through my previous Fastag transactions, this seems to have happened only in Chokkenahalli Toll plaza.
I looked this info up on NHAI's TIS portal. Chokkenahalli Plaza does not seem to have a discounted return fare. The rate is Rs. 20 if you cross one of Chokkenahalli or Kulumepalya and Rs. 35 if you cross both.

Link to approved toll rate document.

Last edited by binand : 27th March 2023 at 22:05. Reason: Added link
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 18:59   #6262
BHPian

Hi Folks. A small query. SBI Fastag website is asking me to upload my pan details including photo for recharging my account. Is it the norm to link pan details also apart from aadhar for Fastag recharge? I tried to recharge through multiple UPI accounts but every time the money was returned. The tag was provided from the dealer through SBI when I took delivery.
Sorry if the topic was discussed earlier.
Old 1st April 2023, 23:14   #6263
BHPian

Is there any limit to recharging Fastag via credit card? I have encountered an issue with Paytm Fastag. Unable to recharge fastag from 3rd party apps like CRED/Mobikwik. Apparently PayTM tells me that there is 10k monthly limit from NPCI.
Able to recharge via UPI or PayTM wallet directly using credit card.
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:06   #6264
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any limit to recharging Fastag via credit card? I have encountered an issue with Paytm Fastag. Unable to recharge fastag from 3rd party apps like CRED/Mobikwik.
Did you cross the 10k limit? Paytm has a separate limit of Rs 4000 for wallet recharges done from 3rd party apps using a credit card. For example, I can recharge my Paytm wallet through Uber using a credit card without any fees.

Now, in case of Paytm Fastag, the fastag wallet is basically the Paytm wallet, and any recharges done to Fastag would end up in the main wallet, so this Rs 4000 limit can still apply. I haven't tried though.
Old 2nd April 2023, 15:47   #6265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Did you cross the 10k limit? Paytm has a separate limit of Rs 4000 for wallet recharges done from 3rd party apps using a credit card. For example, I can recharge my Paytm wallet through Uber using a credit card without any fees.

Now, in case of Paytm Fastag, the fastag wallet is basically the Paytm wallet, and any recharges done to Fastag would end up in the main wallet, so this Rs 4000 limit can still apply. I haven't tried though.
I have come close to 10k limit, like 9800/.
When I recharge via cred app, it shows as done via UPI, whereas doing via Uber/Swiggy is limited to 4k. Now able to recharge via Uber but via CRED or other App is failing. Apparently NPCI limit is for 30 days cycle not calendar month. Waiting to see if it works after 30 days. Will know after April 05.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:32   #6266
BHPian

I have tried Paytm tags twice, HDFC Bank once and now have the second one from ICICI Bank. Paytm ones never worked, HDFC one worked once only. The first of the ICICI one had more of misses than hits so got it replaced. This current one is no better. So far all the hits that I had were ones with the hand held scanners after multiple attempts each time. None of the tags used so far have ever worked with the fixed scanners.
I have no multiple tags assigned to my car at the moment. The wallet has enough balance in it. Although I drive through toll gates occassionally, it's hell of an experience when I do with the excess time spent at the gates, cars behind honking all the while and the operators arguing with me to pay twice the amount as penalties for an invalid tag. When I access my fastag account online, I find it's Active.
Does anyone have any clue as to why it happens this way and what's the best way forward?
Thanks
Sravan
Old 2nd April 2023, 21:07   #6267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
I have tried Paytm tags twice, HDFC Bank once and now have the second one from ICICI Bank.
That sounds very much like something going wrong with the way you are pasting the tag on your windshield, or other issues with your windshield itself (sun film?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
What is this sequence?
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 08:16   #6268
BHPian

Quote:
I have come close to 10k limit, like 9800/.
When I recharge via cred app, it shows as done via UPI, whereas doing via Uber/Swiggy is limited to 4k. Now able to recharge via Uber but via CRED or other App is failing. Apparently NPCI limit is for 30 days cycle not calendar month. Waiting to see if it works after 30 days. Will know after April 05.
That’s interesting, so recharging Paytm fastag using 3rd party apps is a loophole to go around the Rs 4000 credit card loading limit from Uber/Swiggy etc.

I did see a message on the Uber app saying the max recharge amount is Rs 10000, but I thought it was the limit for a single recharge.
Old 3rd April 2023, 09:38   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I did see a message on the Uber app saying the max recharge amount is Rs 10000, but I thought it was the limit for a single recharge.
Recharge via Uber/Swiggy never allowed more than 4000/ per calendar month. Wereas, as per PayTM support, the limit for 3rd party recharge of FASTag is 10000/ and it is not calendar month, but it takes 30 days cycle.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:47   #6270
Distinguished - BHPian

Our gated community has just integrated FASTag into our automated access gates which were operated via separate RFID tags or manually earlier.

Working like a charm as of now!

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd April 2023 at 11:51.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks