Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 20:20   #6376
GTE
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I use the Paytm fast tag. When I sold my car I cancelled it through the app. If you can ask the dealer to contact the previous owner to do the same. You could maybe try Paytm through twitter.
Old 6th October 2023, 11:32   #6377
BHPian

Buy Monthly Toll Pass seems to be down. Is it the case for everyone?

https://ihmcl.co.in/fastag-user/

http://sujeetkumar-001-site1.itempurl.com/

I am getting a session timeout. What other options are there to buy monthly pass?
Old 18th October 2023, 16:41   #6378
BHPian

My PayTM Fastag is again showing VRN Inactive/Blocked, while in PayTM app it shows as active. Due to this I'm unable to recharge using any APP. But recharge using netc upi handle works fine. I haven't more than 6000 in PayTM wallet (Full KYC) while the limit is 1000 per month. Quick Google search revealed there are lot of users face same issue with PayTM fastag
Old 14th November 2023, 17:46   #6379
BHPian

Hi guys,

I had a query regarding the cancellation of my Fastag.

My car met with an accident and was declared a total loss by the insurance company. I got the RC cancelled in Sept 2023 further to which the vehicle was lifted by the salvage buyer last week.

I now need to get the Fastag cancelled or de-link my car; could you please guide me with this?

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2023 at 04:23. Reason: Grammar
Old 14th November 2023, 20:37   #6380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi guys,

I had a query regarding the cancellation my Fastag.

My car met with an accident and declared total loss by the insurance company. I got the RC cancelled in Sept 2023 further which the vehicle was lifted by the salvage buyer last week.

I now need to get the fastag cancelled or de-link my car; could you'll please guide me with this?
Which company Fastag you have? It is better to call the customer care to know the exact procedure to cancel a fastag specially in your case. I used to have icici tag and could close it online (from their website and not the app) when I sold the car. But the process varies as some companies/banks may not provide online facility to cancel.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th November 2023 at 20:38.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 19:49   #6381
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
On clicking Close Account, it brings up this dialog box which is quite scary since I have an upcoming trip and can't afford to have all the tags closed!
I finally got around to get the tag closure done for my Swift Dzire since it has been sold about 6 months ago. Here's a summary of the steps for closure of an ICICI Fastag:
  1. Login to your ICICI Fastag account on the portal and click "Close Account" link on the top right
  2. A dialog box appears (Screenshot available in quoted post above).
  3. Select the checkbox to Agree to the points mentioned
  4. A form appears and in the first section, all the tags linked to your Fastag Account Id will appear. Select the checkbox next to the specific tag/tags you wish to close.
  5. Next, enter the text in the "Reason for closing the account:" which is a multi line text box. I just entered "Sold the Vehicle - <Registration Number>"
  6. In the Document section:
    -Enter name of the person requesting closure
    -Select Id Proof type from the drop down (I selected Driving License)
    -Upload the document with Id proof (upload the image)
    -Upload Bank Passbook/cancelled cheque image
  7. Fill out the Bank Account Details section where you want the refund to be credited
  8. Click Close Account

A couple of messages then appear saying "Close request has been sent for approval" and another says "Fastag account will be closed in 12 days from the date of approval of the closure request".

Last edited by NPV : 18th November 2023 at 19:50.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 13:46   #6382
BHPian

I have stuck the Fastag sticker to the extreme top left of the windshield. Due to this, I face regular issues in toll booths where they cannot read the sticker sometimes.

I'm planning to remove the sticker from current position and place it at the top-center just below the dashcam.

Few queries related to this:

1) Can the current sticker be safely removed without leaving any stains?

2) How easy/difficult is it to get a replacement card? Will the balance also get transferred to the replacement card?
Old 20th November 2023, 14:46   #6383
Senior - BHPian

This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I have stuck the Fastag sticker to the extreme top left of the windshield
... is not the reason for this:
Quote:
I face regular issues in toll booths where they cannot read the sticker sometimes.
Other tag(s) in the vicinity, such as the vehicle manufacturer's RFID tag, parking tags etc cause interference and result in the communication getting timed out.

Quote:
1) Can the current sticker be safely removed without leaving any stains?
Yes

Quote:
2) How easy/difficult is it to get a replacement card? Will the balance also get transferred to the replacement card?
Contact your FASTag issuer, follow their instructions. Usually, it can be done by disabling the currently issued tag online, and then requesting a replacement tag that will get delivered. For banks, one can also get a replacement from certain branch offices where there will be dedicated personnel to help with the procedure. YMMV.
Old 20th November 2023, 14:47   #6384
BHPian

Has anyone here tried laminating the FASTag sticker & just keeping it as a card instead of sticking it on the car windshield? I don't want to stick another sticker on windshield. Also I don't travel outstation that much so holding up the FASTag on tolls wouldn't be much of a hassle.
Old 20th November 2023, 15:42   #6385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Has anyone here tried laminating the FASTag sticker & just keeping it as a card instead of sticking it on the car windshield? I don't want to stick another sticker on windshield. Also I don't travel outstation that much so holding up the FASTag on tolls wouldn't be much of a hassle.
What I have done is, applied it on a transparent Acrylic Sheet which you can get at any local stationary shops. Do note that it would be tough to cut the sheet according to fastag size since it can crack the whole sheet. I went to a hardware store whom I knew and he did it for me with a cutter. But once done it works like a charm. Have already done this for to two of our cars.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-cc3078ba08474b8ea85aa52945401a1a.jpeg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-cd19c8f82c3d4a29aa141f3058a36031.jpeg

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 20th November 2023 at 16:02.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 15:47   #6386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use with transparent backing sheet and as-is without removing the sticker, they work just fine and never had any problem. Just don’t damage the rfid chip and it will work just fine.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_4753.jpeg

Last edited by androdev : 20th November 2023 at 15:56.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 17:16   #6387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I use with transparent backing sheet and as-is without removing the sticker, they work just fine and never had any problem. Just don’t damage the rfid chip and it will work just fine.
I think I'll do this as well then. I have some cellophane sheet scraps leftover from a project, will wrap a piece around it & close up the ends with tape.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:11   #6388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think I'll do this as well then. I have some cellophane sheet scraps leftover from a project, will wrap a piece around it & close up the ends with tape.
Don't use any thin sheet like cellophane, the tag will bend and the RFID chip may get damaged. Use acrylic sheet or a thick transparent plastic sheet - to give it credit-card like strength. The tag should not develop any folds during usage.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 19:55   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Don't use any thin sheet like cellophane, the tag will bend and the RFID chip may get damaged. Use acrylic sheet or a thick transparent plastic sheet - to give it credit-card like strength. The tag should not develop any folds during usage.
Hmm, thats why I was thinking of doing hard lamination, that will seal it & turn it into a plastic card. Just not sure if RFID chip will remain undamaged in that case. Will look into acrylic sheet then I guess.
Old 20th November 2023, 20:36   #6390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, thats why I was thinking of doing hard lamination, that will seal it & turn it into a plastic card. Just not sure if RFID chip will remain undamaged in that case. Will look into acrylic sheet then I guess.
Lamination uses heat and pressure, not advisable. The tag already comes with glue, you just need a stiff backing sheet like acrylic to stick it on.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks