Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 09:02   #4876
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
.. went through several of the previous pages - some posts seem to indicate a lot of Fastag issues.
The issues look to be with the current set of tags issued after it was made (almost) mandatory. I have not heard of users with older tags having problems.

Regarding a new one, I recently ordered one from ICICI from their website, and got it quickly.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:07   #4877
BHPian

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...505616063.html

Fastag is free till the end of this month.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th February 2020 at 13:41. Reason: Typo.
Old 13th February 2020, 09:18   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No UPI recharge for HDFC tags? I am very sure, there will be. Ever since UPI recharge came into existence, I completely stopped using any other methods to recharge my tag (ICICI in my case).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
UPI option must be there, haven't tried yet.
HDFC Fastag has an UPI option now (enabled this month itself). I mentioned it a few posts back. Amazon shows HDFC in the Fastag bank drop down but GPay and Paytm do not. Basically it's 'netc.<your registration>@hdfcbank' and is definitely the best way to recharge it.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:19   #4879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...505616063.html

FasTTag is free till the end of this month.
Free means, you still have to pay Rs.100 for Security Deposit and Rs. 100 as initial charging of the tag for toll fee. So, total amount of Rs. 200 is still expected to be paid. Only the Tag Fee is waived off.

By the way, what is the purpose of collecting Security Deposit? This will be a very huge collection lying with them without purpose. Also, while people change the tag to some other bank, 99% of them never bother to collect this Rs. 100. Essentially, we are donating this Rs. 100 to them.

Can we do something to stop this security deposit and collect our deposits back if they are meant for nothing?
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 09:44   #4880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
HDFC Fastag has an UPI option now (enabled this month itself).
I am surprised if HDFC enabled UPI only from this month when banks which like ICICI, Equitas along with HDFC were the first few who ventured into supplying FASTags few years back itself.

My comment was more to say that for a bank like HDFC, UPI recharge option should very much be available the moment most other banks did it.

Regarding the format you refer, it is pretty much the same for all the banks as mandated by NETC and that includes PayTM tag also.
Old 13th February 2020, 10:07   #4881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am surprised if HDFC enabled UPI only from this month when banks which like ICICI, Equitas along with HDFC were the first few who ventured into supplying FASTags few years back itself.

My comment was more to say that for a bank like HDFC, UPI recharge option should very much be available the moment most other banks did it.

Regarding the format you refer, it is pretty much the same for all the banks as mandated by NETC and that includes PayTM tag also.
True. I was also amused. Last month I tried, but my recharge did not happen and it was credited back after around 7-10 days.
They are kind of very slow compared to others. I just pray to not have disputes. I have left almost INR 150/- in Airport Toll double charge without dispute just to avoid the headache with their customer support.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:51   #4882
Distinguished - BHPian

Does someone know an escalation authority for Fastag with ICICI Bank?

I have a fastag from 2016 and since then I have had no cashbacks in my account and also a few times I've been charged twice for a journey.

Multiple complaints show as open on the portal and inprogress but there is no further action.
Old 13th February 2020, 11:56   #4883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Tweet ICICI Bank. I had to deal with them just once till now for a failed UPI recharge in 2018 and the portal didn't help much till I tweeted and the money was in my tag account in the same week.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:57   #4884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

I have a fastag from 2016 and since then I have had no cashbacks in my account and also a few times I've been charged twice for a journey.

Multiple complaints show as open on the portal and inprogress but there is no further action.
Please get in touch with the following. I'm sure if they are the escalation authorities, but they were helpful when I got ICICI tag back in 2016 for my Abarth. You can also try twitter.

Kruti Parikh <kruti.parikh@ext.icicibank.com>
Saransh Sinyal /RBG/IBANK/CDVL <saransh.sinyal@icicibank.com>,
Sandesh Gupta /RBG/IBANK/CDVL <gupta.sandesh@icicibank.com>,
Mayur Kadam /EXT/RBG/IBANK/CDVL <mayur.kadam@ext.icicibank.com
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 15:17   #4885
BHPian

Recently we have noticed surge in Fastag customers.

Nowadays at toll plazas a dedicated Fastag lane is available where it is mentioned in big font "NO CASH". It is also mentioned that if you don't have Fastag and have entered a Fastag lane, then you have to pay double the charge.

For cash, they have a different lane.

Yesterday I noticed at 4 toll plazas from Asansol to Kolkata (Durgapur, Palsit, Dankuni, Nivedita Bridge) that many cars/trucks were paying cash (not the double amount) in Fastag lanes. Due to this, at every toll plaza there is a long queue.

If the government does not enforced a penalty strictly, then it will not give benefits to those who are having Fastag. I think toll plaza personnel also don't want to take double amount.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th February 2020 at 17:38. Reason: Grammatical errors
Sukanta73 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2020, 17:54   #4886
BHPian

Bought Fastag RFID from Paytm mall and got it delivered within 48 hours. Since I had submitted front and back photo of the RC during purchase, Fastag was already activated when I got the tag. Didn't expect such a smooth process and quick too. The 1st transaction was updated in the Paytm app after almost 45 minutes though no issues when passing through the toll gates. However there seems to be one problem. In the transactions I see 2 transactions for the same toll gate at different times.
Old 14th February 2020, 20:38   #4887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Yesterday I noticed at 4 toll plazas from Asansol to Kolkata (Durgapur, Palsit, Dankuni, Nivedita Bridge) that many cars/trucks were paying cash (not the double amount) in Fastag lanes. Due to this, at every toll plaza there is a long queue.
I did a Bangalore-Chennai-Calicut-Bangalore circle trip between 8th and 11th, which took me through some 25 toll booths that have Fastag. What I observed is that:
  1. Most toll booths have tried to make the Cash/Tag separation functional.
  2. A large percentage of vehicle owners do respect this segregation. Maybe they are afraid of the much-publicized double charge on Tag lanes for vehicles without tags.
  3. The ones that do enter, they are generally willing to argue with the booth staff to avoid double charge.
  4. The booth staff by and large eventually end up letting these people go after paying regular toll (not double).
  5. Occasionally I did see booths that didn't allow them pass through without paying double. These were the ones that took maximum time.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 21:42   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Sure I will. Today evening at around 7:30pm when I crossed Airoli toll, I did ask the attendant in Marathi regarding this, pointing towards my Fastag and he was affirmative, though he did not specify the date . He replied - " Lavkarach chalu hoil. Tumhi te tag use karu shakta " ( Translation to English -- "It will start soon and you can use your Tag " )
vivek95, had to make couple of trips to Mumbai this week and as expected, the tolls at Vashi are not accepting FasTag and they too replied what you were told - Work is in progress and will happen. Fingers crossed.

But one disadvantage for folks like me - I always break Rs 2000 or Rs 500 into change at the tolls and they are always obliging without any fuss. This will stop once the tags are accepted.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 21:57   #4889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The issues look to be with the current set of tags issued after it was made (almost) mandatory. I have not heard of users with older tags having problems.
I got my tag in 2016. I have a 50% hit and miss for reading of the tag and in the miss cases, they use a gun to read the tag.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 11:37   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
vivek95, had to make couple of trips to Mumbai this week and as expected, the tolls at Vashi are not accepting FasTag and they too replied what you were told - Work is in progress and will happen. Fingers crossed.

But one disadvantage for folks like me - I always break Rs 2000 or Rs 500 into change at the tolls and they are always obliging without any fuss. This will stop once the tags are accepted.
Totally agree It has never happened with me too that the toll guys in Mumbai had a problem in giving me back the change, no matter what the amount. On two occasions I too have used the 2000 Rs note and I don't have the count of using Rs. 500 note, they have always obliged. The most notable thing here is that whether you give 50 rupee note or a 2000 rupee note, there is hardly any difference in the time they take to give back the change and toll ticket. About 5 seconds may be at the most. Such is the level of preparedness at all the tolls in Mumbai.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks