Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 20:00   #4726
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Attibele is the absolute worst managed toll booth I have seen and Fastag doesn't seem to have improved things at all.
Presumably you haven't seen Paliyekkara. The gold standard for mismanagement of toll collection points.
binand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 18:27   #4727
BHPian

FasTag experience during my last weekends drive from Hyderabad to Vijayawada was smooth and efficient. Cash and FasTag lines are clearly demarcated with guards placed near the barricades to direct vehicles to correct lines.

Queues at cash lanes were long. With just 2 lanes out of 8 open for cash, many of them stopped at FasTag counters to buy tags for their vehicles thereby avoiding the queue at next toll.

Overall I found the implementation of FasTag on Hyderabad-Vijayawada and Bangalore-Hyderabad to be very good and definitely time saving.
strawhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:46   #4728
BANNED

Glitch in scanning FASTag? you don't have to pay cash, says NHAI-UP

Several motorists with FASTag had faced the issue at toll plazas. The operator would tell them that the toll amount had not been deducted from their prepaid FASTag wallet and would ask them to pay cash instead. However, after a few minutes, motorists would receive a message of toll deduction from their e-wallet.
Quote:
Lucknow: After TOI reported about cases where vehicle owners with FASTag ended up paying toll tax twice, the government has taken steps to change the situation.

The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Uttar Pradesh chapter has mooted a proposal which says that if a vehicle with FASTag faces a technical glitch at a toll plaza, it will not have to make cash payment.

Server error and failure to scan the tag are also conditions under which a car will be exempt from cash payment.

According to NHAI officials, the proposal is yet to be finalized by a committee of top officials. According to records from NHAI, more than 3,000 vehicles pass through a toll plaza daily in the city. Of this, only 50% of the vehicles have FASTags. The remaining take the cash lane.

FASTag project manager AN Giri said, “The proposal has been mooted. If it is accepted by senior officials, we will let vehicles with FASTag pass through without a cash payment if they face technical problems from our end.”

Server-related complaints had also poured in with NHAI. Motorists said they were made to take the cash lane after a long wait in the FASTag lane.

TOI has been continuously highlighting problems faced by motorists using FASTag.
Source: ET Auto
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:48   #4729
BHPian

For those who have HDFC FasTag:

It looks like their online account management is improving, and hope that there would be a mobile app as well soon.

Steps to check details in your online account:
https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/RetailRoadUserLogin/Index
Input your details. Tip: Your car registration id is something that you'd remember.
After you login, you'd see the Main control elements in the dashboard.
Click on 'Your Profile'
Under the wallet details, click on the line entry
You would be shown the tag details, vehicle details, tag status, wallet balance etc...

Note: The tag comes pre-activated and there is no need to activate.
smartindboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:50   #4730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
HDFC hasn't managed to address the one crucial aspect of using FastTag ie. the recharge in a proper way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Still no UPI recharge option for HDFC fastag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
The thought of recharging my HDFC Fastag is giving me nightmares. I hate the process from the bottom of my heart.

Last time I tried, it took me 50 minutes and ~4.5% extra money to complete the recharge (₹9 on a ₹200 reload).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You might need not use bank after hdfc as mentioned by Parag Sir in his previous post for icici.
You could try using UPI ID netc.vehiclenumber@hdfc
Finally HDFC has implemented UPI based payment on their Fastag which did not work couple of months back. I tried today paying from Google Pay to netc.carregnno@hdfcbank and almost instantly in less than 30 seconds received the recharge message flashing the successful recharge notification and the new balance. No more required to login to the mobile unfriendly portal and goodbye to paying surcharges.

Last edited by haisaikat : 23rd January 2020 at 04:06.
haisaikat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:35   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post

Tried the HDFC Fastag toll free number probably around 25 or 30 times and was getting a "busy" message consistently. Finally at about 9:00AM today I managed to get through. Told them I do not know my Wallet ID for the first time login because there was no welcome letter or email.
Thanks motorguy - I had the same problem and thought the toll free number wouldn't work. Had to try 15 times before get through. Had misplaced welcome letter.
Old 27th January 2020, 10:09   #4732
Senior - BHPian

Mangaluru: FASTag sticker scam - Government loses lacs of rupees

Quote:
Mangaluru, Jan 26: It has come to light that a big scam has taken place in the FASTag stickers that have been distributed through private banks and E-service centres. Heavy vehicles like truck are making the best of this as they are paying less amount than stipulated in the tollgates.

While the government is incurring huge revenue loss due to this scam, the truck owners are making profit as they are paying far less than what they are supposed to pay to the toll gate.
Source
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 10:28   #4733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I like it. Serves them right. These hare brained morons were just pushing this FarceTag as if there is no tomorrow. I wish the same scam is replicated across the nation because these clowns deserve it. Anything and everything new implemented by these dimwits end up like this, the only difference being this time around they are at the receiving end instead of the common man.
longhorn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:29   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Source
The scam was not explained in detail. I'm assuming heavy vehicles misusing light vehicles tag. For e.g, truck user sticking a car's fastag and thereby passing with reduced fare.
I think the banks that issued the cards are the culprits here. They are supposed the verify the RC details provided. Penalty should be imposed on those pvt entities to keep them in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
this time around they are at the receiving end instead of the common man.
Govt is not a tangent entity, essentially its people and so it all comes back to people.
Also I think until the full money is recovered, the collection won't stop. If misuse is happening now, it is just extending the end date for that toll. So again, I think it all comes back to people.

Last edited by iamswift : 27th January 2020 at 13:33. Reason: multiple quote
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:34   #4735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
The scam was not explained in detail. I'm assuming heavy vehicles misusing light vehicles tag. For e.g, truck user sticking a car's fastag and thereby passing with reduced fare.
I think the banks that issued the cards are the culprits here. They are supposed the verify the RC details provided. Penalty should be imposed on those pvt entities to keep them in check.
Actually now with Vahan, it should have been easy enough for the private banks to check the RC against Vahan before issuing the Fastag.
Old 27th January 2020, 13:37   #4736
Distinguished - BHPian

Passed through the Bengaluru Airport Toll towards Hyderabad and returned yesterday. The return fare deduction was accurate and they didnt charge me double the toll. As usual, there are a lot of instances of people with no balance entering fastag lanes and then trying to create a scene. I hope something is done about this soon. This included a KSRTC bus who later got a mouthful from me. He refused to pay cash while the tag is clearly displayed as blacklisted. God knows when people will understand that if the tag is blacklisted, they need to pay and get themselves out of the place.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:54   #4737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the banks that issued the cards are the culprits here. They are supposed the verify the RC details provided.
Maybe may not be. What if the truck owner got the FastTag issued on a relative's / friend's or his own passenger vehicle and pasted the tag on his truck?

Quote:
Govt is not a tangent entity, essentially its people and so it all comes back to people.
Also I think until the full money is recovered, the collection won't stop. If misuse is happening now, it is just extending the end date for that toll. So again, I think it all comes back to people.
Nothing comes back to the people. Everything worthwhile goes into the pocket of the politicians. Toll in itself is a sham. What happened to the 15 year road tax collected upfront? Toll fare exceeding Re 1 per km is nothing but organised loot legalized by the state machinery.
Old 27th January 2020, 14:02   #4738
Senior - BHPian

Toll Operator beaten by truck driver for being asked to pay penalty for entering the fastag lane without a fastag

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...nt-798400.html
Old 27th January 2020, 14:33   #4739
BHPian

A belated Happy Republic Day to everyone! Please continue your hard work towards the progress of this Nation.

Below is my experience with Kotak and PayTM FastTag(FT), which is used in a Honda Civic (2008).

KOTAK FASTTAG

- Order placed on Kotak's dedicated FT portal (Middle of DEC)
- The delivery time was around a week.
- The order came to Registered Address, it got misplaced as im away from home, so I had to order for replacement. (see my earlier post here)
- Kotak FT hotline wasn't functioning since the end of DEC.
- Had to inbox Kotak on Twitter to get the ball rolling
- Had to cancel as the unactivated FT as the reply was too late
- Got a reply from their e-mail and a call later dates about the issue.
- Till now (JAN 27th 2020) have not received the booking amount (400/-)

PAYTM FASTTAG

- Had the option to deliver elsewhere apart from Registered Address

- Arrived in 2 days with just the car & the Paytm registration number.
- Had to enter the Tag's serial number and the FT was activated

- No photo proof was asked for the same till now (4 days since purchase)

USAGE

Route- Delhi - Chandigarh - Ludhiana - Amritsar - Ludhiana - Delhi

- FT worked flawlessly only twice.
- Positioning the car a certain distance away from the barrier stopped working after two initial terminals.
- The attendants had to use the manual scanner.
- I paid double the cash at one point.

CONCLUSION

- I do not know if the PaytmFT is faulty or the angle of the Windshield isn't favorable for the FT to be detected properly. Please guide on this issue if someone had similar experiences, as the sight of the Toll Booths is making me nervous due to this predicament.

- FT is a step in the right direction. The initial phase will have its issues but the time and the currency saved from cashless transactions is worth it.

Last edited by Ashutosh : 27th January 2020 at 14:44.
Old 27th January 2020, 15:19   #4740
Senior - BHPian

Fastag implementation in Tamilnadu is better than in Karnataka but there is still room for improvement.

I went to Madras and came back to Bangalore over the weekend and had to spend 10 minutes at ECity, 15 at Attibele and 10 at Krishnagiri. So gave up and drove fairly sedately.

In Tamilnadu, they have very clear signage (Cash to the left; Fastag Right) about 400 m before the toll gate. And from about 350m there is a hard(ish) barrier which you can not jump over without damage to your vehicle. So people are committed and there is no confusion at the toll. The separated routes also open out into appropriate number of cash & fastag counters. Worked well and was easy to use, including Sriperumpudur.

On the return trip, the Pallikonda toll however had a 2 km queue and so all this logic went for a toss. Still took only 15 minutes to cross. Dont know why the bandwidth got choked like that. Must be a couple of flag morons being smart

Karnataka (and the rest of the country ) should implement this until they upgrade the technology.

PS: Tamilnadu seems to have done away with the barricade chicanes at crossroads. Also contributed to a pleasant run
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks