Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2020, 14:17   #4636
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
1. Can I change my existing fasttag and install another one?

Yes. I switched from PayTM to ICICI bank fastag. The process was simple, I applied for new ICICI bank fastag and raised ticket in PayTM app for the cancelation of the existing tag. PayTM customer care response is slow and it's been more than a month, I have not received my security deposit back.

Quote:
2. If yes, which fasttag gives the most seamless experience? It should be easy to upload money and track the transactions

I am using ICICI bank fastag, experience so far had been smooth. For uploading money you have below options.

1. UPI - Instant and free

2. Credit/Debit card or Net banking -- You have to log in to ICICIbank fastag portal.

3. iMobile app -- If you have an ICICI bank account, you can use their official app for recharge.

For debit, you will get SMS within 10-20 minutes after the transaction. Also, history is available on ICICI bank fastag portal.
Who_are_you is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 15:50   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Have had a transponder from EZPass in the US and had to return it when leaving the US. There was specific instruction that the transponder be wrapped in aluminium foil when send through post.

Think the best thing to do in your scenario is to keep it completely covered in a couple of sheets of Aluminium foil.
I wish I had knew this the first time, thanks! I needed to avoid getting it scanned only that one time for which I had already paid the toll. Moving forward, Ill be having the tag placed safely inside the car, as I don't wish to put any stickers on the glass surfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
I think you are using fastag from IHMCL, try installing their official app for fastag and raise incident for refund.
Oh right, IHMCL it is. As the user experience seems to be varying across different providers, any idea if it is a good or bad to have it from IHMCL?
Right, I have the app installed to complete the registration, I'll check if there is any way to raise the issue there or not.

Thanks!
Old 12th January 2020, 16:22   #4638
BHPian

Yesterday I drove from Chennai to Palani. This is my first Fastag experience. I have an ICICI issued tag. The day before I loaded Rs.1000 via UPI which was a smooth affair.
Started from home at 5.30am and took Chennai bypass.
At the Vanagaram toll booth the attendant immediately told me that the tag is blacklisted.
What do you mean, I asked him.
Insufficient balance sir, he tell me.
Showed him the recharge SMS received the day before.
OK sir proceed, he said.
Within 10 mins I received the amount debited SMS.
He had tried to pull a FastOne.
This was the only black mark. At every other toll till Palani it was smooth sailing. Kept receiving the debit messages within 10 mins. of leaving the toll booth.
Today travelled from Palani to Thiruvalla, Kerala. The only toll was at Paliyekkara, smooth sailing there as well.
Touchwood, hope it remains same during the return journey and all future trips.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 12th January 2020 at 16:34.
Old 12th January 2020, 16:24   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
My HDFC fasttag apparently hasn't been activated even though i have uploaded money and used it for past 8 months. Totally confused with the call center guys telling me that it's not activated yet. Then how did I use it all this while.
You dear sir are using some other frustrated soul's tag. I'm on that boat. Somebody in Telangana drives merrily through tolls while I pay his tolls. When I go outstation, mine works sometimes, other times it doesn't. When it does work, I don't EVER see the debit on my statement. The clowns at HDFC have a bug which they can't be bothered to fix.

Edit: Every request for every wrong debit (21 so far) has led to NO response from them, other than a spate of partial credits, which tells me they admit they have a problem.

Last edited by caffeineAM : 12th January 2020 at 16:28. Reason: Added more info
Old 12th January 2020, 16:34   #4640
BHPian

I have a question to members who been using Fastag(especially Paytm). I am using it for the last 10 months, no issues but my car windshield developed cracks!! I will be replacing it with new one next week, has anyone tried peeling the existing tag/sticker and reuse it again? is it possible? I ask this because Paytm advertise their Fastag as "Paytm FASTag is a resuable RFID Tag" what does this mean?

Last edited by BlueEyes : 12th January 2020 at 16:35.
Old 12th January 2020, 16:47   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
I have a question to members who been using Fastag(especially Paytm). I am using it for the last 10 months, no issues but my car windshield developed cracks!! I will be replacing it with new one next week, has anyone tried peeling the existing tag/sticker and reuse it again? is it possible? I ask this because Paytm advertise their Fastag as "Paytm FASTag is a resuable RFID Tag" what does this mean?
My windshield which had the Paytm Fastag bought 2.5 years ago cracked too and the service center guys tried to peel it off but it just tore into 2 pieces and I ended up replacing it. I’m not sure if they had changed the tag material and quality in the last 2.5 years though which might allow it to be peeled off.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 18:04   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
You dear sir are using some other frustrated soul's tag. I'm on that boat. Somebody in Telangana drives merrily through tolls while I pay his tolls. When I go outstation, mine works sometimes, other times it doesn't. When it does work, I don't EVER see the debit on my statement. The clowns at HDFC have a bug which they can't be bothered to fix.

Edit: Every request for every wrong debit (21 so far) has led to NO response from them, other than a spate of partial credits, which tells me they admit they have a problem.
Not sure about that coz i have uploaded money and i have been able to pass through toll plazas and i have recieved sms on the recently deducted toll amount.

My problem is sometimes im not able to upload money as my wallet ID or user ID is not detected. NHAI toll free centre says that my ID is not even registered nor my vehicle number has any fasttag associated with it. I tried calling hdfc customer care but never successful. Hence thinking of changing the fasttag.
Old 12th January 2020, 18:24   #4643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
I am using ICICI bank fastag, and the tag was delivered in an activated state. Better to call their customer care @ 1800 120 1243
I tried calling on the helpline number numerous times, but its always busy!
Maybe someone who has used a HDFC fastag can throw some light. I am sure many of them are using HDFC tags..
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 19:52   #4644
BHPian

Small tip for the members

From my experiences, try to call the Customer care / helpline no’s early in the morning around 6-6:30. You have a sure connect. At least 95% of the times it’s a hit.

Last edited by saisree : 12th January 2020 at 19:57.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 00:14   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Can please someone help to answer my queries I had posted a couple of weeks back? I am yet to use the fastag, so just wanted to make sure that it’s all in working condition.
Also, I haven’t yet uploaded my vehicles documents on the HDFC website as there wasn’t any option to do so; so instead chose the ‘upload later’ option.

Thanks.
Check the status of the card. If it says "Active" it's good to use.

I got mine from Paytm 15days back, which i got just by providing vehicle number. There were no instructions to provide any further documents (RC/DL/...). In the Paytm, the status was "Active".

Used it yesterday and today for the first time during over 1000km journey without any problem.
raghu13uk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 16:00   #4646
BHPian

Did Mumbai-Nashik-Mumbai trip this weekend. Crossed four toll booths en route and experience was super smooth. Fastag automatically got detected at every booth. Now I am using Bank of Baroda Fastag on my new Hexa. Previous ICICI Fastag on older Verna never got detected automatically even though i replaced the tag 3 times.

Though Fastag detection experience was good but it did not turn into time saving at toll booth. There was long queue in every lane and all dedicated Fastag lanes were accepting cash. Hope after 15th January deadline things will change for better.

Also noticed that while recharging the tag by credit card and debit card, Rs.10.26 and Rs.2.36 respectively were being charged as processing fee. Next time i will try UPI method for recharge.
Old 14th January 2020, 10:28   #4647
BHPian

I have received my Fastag from Amazon yesterday. I already have an ICICI Fastag but since it never gets detected automatically (gets with a handheld scanner),I have ordered this one. I have replaced the ICICI tag once but to no avail. Now how do I activate this amazon fastag? Can I link it to my ICICI customer ID after deactivating the ICICI fastag.
Because I love the ICICI interface ,but not the ICICI tag per se.
Old 14th January 2020, 11:14   #4648
Distinguished - BHPian

Can I add a second vehicle in my wife's name to my existing ICICI FASTag account? Or do the ownership and address proofs have to match, i.e. both have to be in my name OR in my wife's name to be eligible for the same FT account?

I am sick and tired of navigating the HDFCB portal and find ICICI to be very intuitive and smooth, hence my query.

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th January 2020 at 11:17.
Old 14th January 2020, 11:36   #4649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can I add a second vehicle in my wife's name to my existing ICICI FASTag account? .
I think it is possible

I got my brother a fastag ( different state, car & name) and they added it to my account. I was able check balance, add money, and even transfer between my car and his.

So it should be possible

Last edited by sridhu : 14th January 2020 at 11:37.
Old 14th January 2020, 11:40   #4650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu13uk View Post
Check the status of the card. If it says "Active" it's good to use.

I got mine from Paytm 15days back, which i got just by providing vehicle number. There were no instructions to provide any further documents (RC/DL/...). In the Paytm, the status was "Active".

Used it yesterday and today for the first time during over 1000km journey without any problem.

I am planing to get a Fasttag through Paytm for my second car at home. Curious to know if you faced any issues either in procuring the tag, or otherwise attaching the tag on to your windshield? Was it a smooth process overall? How long did it take from booking to delivery of the tag?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks