Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:36   #4546
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I went to pick up my returning family from the Bangalore airport. I was charged Rs 90 each way instead of the return trip fare of Rs 130. What do I need to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have faced exactly this same issue when going to the airport a few days back, though I did not bother to follow up with the customer care, since it was not a huge amount in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I don't think informing the attendant will help. He is just scanning the Tag.

What needs to happen, happens at the back-end. I think this is probably a glitch and seems some tolls are being charged two Single trips instead of a 'Return' charge.

There should be a provision to raise a claim. No?
The KIAL Bangalore airport toll ticket has a validity of 24 hours and does not 'lapse' at midnight of the day it was bought. Please raise a claim and it will be reversed eventually.

It is usually because of connectivity issues wherein the onward journey has not been uploaded correctly or in a timely manner into the FASTag system. Hence, when you exit KIAL, the application thinks it is a fresh single journey.

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd January 2020 at 11:41.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:42   #4547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
The best part was I didn't see any cash user in the fastag lanes and given how long the cash queues were I am sure it is going to prompt more to shift to fastag. And this was with only about 50% of the lanes reserved for fastag.
Traveled for 1700 Kms during the year end vacation from Banglore to TN & Pondi.My experience has been otherwise. Earlier it was better where only Fastag users where in Fastag. Now it's a chaos and confusion. I have instances of cash users on the Fastag lane. Also with this left lanes reserved for cash and right lanes are for Fastag there are many erstwhile dedicated fastag lanes have become Cash lanes. Did not see any considerable improvement in time taken to cross a toll with this change. May be the traffic was more ?
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:08   #4548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Earlier it was better were only Fastag users where in Fastag. Now it's a chaos and confusion. I have instances of cash users on the Fastag lane.
This will continue till Jan 15, after which cash users in Fastag lane will be mandatorily charged double the toll.

Also the number of cash lanes is supposed to shrink to 1 on that date.

Tbh, I had a pretty decent experience (I skipped on my return the one toll where I knew it'd be a problem; Paliyekkara).
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:17   #4549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I bought a fastag at a temporary counter on NH4 near Karur about 2 months back.
I've spoken to the Fasttag helpline and SBI customer care.
Is the only option left to dump this Fastag and get a new one?

So After 3 months of running after this digital India dream and hundreds of phone calls to NHAI and SBI, the issue is finally resolved. Now I've got a replacement Fastag which is working well.
All it took was a Rs. 100/- paid to the local Fastag dealer. Ofttimes all it takes is to slip a little money, even in these digital and transparent times.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:26   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
Hi,

Need some help urgently.

I used to have a PayTM Fastag and it worked well for a year or so. Unfortunately, I met with an accident 2 years ago and the windshield needed to be changed. Along with it went the fastag. I asked for a replacement fastag and PayTM said that they will ship one to me. Nothing arrived. I did this twice and on both occassions I lost money. The standard response was that there were sorry for the inconvenience. I then gave up on PayTM and closed my tag through the app. I subsequently purchased one from ICICI Bank. Again, nothing arrived but I got a message that it was activated. I tried reaching out to them a few times but nothing happened.

Thinking that third time is the charm, I purchased one from Axis bank and it arrived on time, was activated and I used it at two tolls after which I was told that it was blacklisted. I have asked Axis Bank why it has been blacklisted and the response I get is that my vehicle no. is blacklisted by previous bank without specifying which one - PayTM or ICICI. I have been trying to contact both helpdesks for that last few days but no one seems to pick up. I am not sure what to do and therefore here I am.

1. Is there an easier way to figure out who has blacklisted my vehicle?
2. Does NHAI have a facility where I can completely unregister my vehicle from all fastags and apply for a fresh one. I am ok to lose whatever balance is there on my axis fastag if it comes to it.

Any help/ advice here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Parik
Hi,

Bumping up this post as I think it got lost among other messages. Would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance.

Parikshith

Last edited by parik_ind : 2nd January 2020 at 12:26. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:28   #4551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I crossed toll booths both while going and while returning. I did not get any SMS confirming toll being deducted from my wallet.
So I logged in to the portal, and my account balance is intact! Not a single rupee has been deducted!

Should I be worried, or should I be happy?
In my experience, the SMS alerts are unreliable.
But account log in details are accurate (I use ICICI FasTag).

May be it takes some time for the system to update itself.
You may check later and confirm.
In any case you have not lost anything, so you can wait and watch how the whole thing pans out.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:23   #4552

Hello
We have a volvo XC60 and it has the city safety sensor right in the middle of the windshield. The city safety sensor emits rays of some kind due to which the sensors at the toll booths are unable to read the fastag . Has someone faced a similar issue and please suggest where to place the fastag?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd January 2020 at 13:29. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:40   #4553
BHPian

Noob question - not sure if this has already been answered. How difficult or easy is this technology to hack? Can we be at least 80% sure that there is no possibility of siphoning off money from our fastag accounts by using any random tag reader?
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:10   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Today, I went for a short drive with my family to have lunch at a restaurant just past the Airport (I live in Bangalore). I crossed toll booths both while going and while returning. I did not get any SMS confirming toll being deducted from my wallet.
So I logged in to the portal, and my account balance is intact! Not a single rupee has been deducted!

Should I be worried, or should I be happy?
I faced similar issue yesterday. Don't worry, the amount will be debited from your account soon.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:37   #4555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaswal View Post
Hello
We have a volvo XC60 and it has the city safety sensor right in the middle of the windshield. The city safety sensor emits rays of some kind due to which the sensors at the toll booths are unable to read the fastag . Has someone faced a similar issue and please suggest where to place the fastag?
Some cars use a metallized glass windshield, that blocks RFID. The solution is to stick the tag on the outer surface of the windshield.
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:40   #4556
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I got my fastag from Paytm.
1. How do I activate it or how do i know if it is activated?
2. I have seen some friends paytm account which shows a separate fastag wallet in which you can allocate some money, but I dont see this on my Paytm account. It just says 'add money to wallet" and the toll will deducted as you go thru !.
Totally confused
Can anyone help how to ensure the tag is activated. ??
regards,
Seacat
Old 2nd January 2020, 16:11   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Just putting it out there (Mods: please delete if superfluous)

For ICICI Fastag, you can recharge on UPI & check balance on SMS

Recharge
You can now recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag Account from any UPI based payment app.
Please go to the payment app’s UPI module and send money to Virtual Payment Address (VPA) option.
Format of VPA: netc. (Vehicle number)@icici
For tag loading:
Example:-
Netc.mh01ab1234@icici (10-digit vehicle number)
Netc.TN99R9999@icici (9-digit vehicle number)
Netc.KA666666@icici (8-digit vehicle number)
Netc.mmh01xx@icici (7-digit vehicle number)

For CUG loading:
netc.ib <8-digit Customer ID>@icici
Example:- netc.ib99999999@icici

Please ensure that the correct vehicle number, Customer ID is mentioned in the VPA. The payment will not be processed with incorrect Customer IDs.

Balance Check
SMS ETCBAL Vehicle Regn No. to 5676766 or give missed call on 8010928888 from your regd mobile no.
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:30   #4558
Senior - BHPian

An official of the Haryana government has planned to move the consumer court after Rs 65 were detected from his FASTag account as toll charges, even as his vehicle was parked at his residence in Chandigarh.

https://in.yahoo.com/news/fastag-car...032332898.html
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:35   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
Hi,

Bumping up this post as I think it got lost among other messages. Would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance.

Parikshith
I would wait until the end of this month and reach the call centre's of PayTM and ICICI 1st or 2nd week of Feb. By that time they should be breathing easy after all this hullabaloo. There is to much rush for the issuance of Fastags and adding things to the network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
An official of the Haryana government has planned to move the consumer court after Rs 65 were detected from his FASTag account as toll charges, even as his vehicle was parked at his residence in Chandigarh.
Could be easily a data issue with the Fastag given to him. There are two tags with the same vehicle no/account. We should have a platform like vaahan to check the fastag details globally across vendors.

Last edited by saisree : 2nd January 2020 at 17:40.
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:46   #4560
Distinguished - BHPian

Bandra-Worli sealink was to be fastag compatible by dec 2019. Any update on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks