Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 19:08   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I raised the dispute on GPay for the 100 I recharged last friday.

Here's the fun part now
I tried again for INR 1. It got debited from my account at 5:39pm
I got the sms from FasTag for the credit at 6:31 pm.

That leaves me confused now

Whether to use UPI or not, will now depend on how the 100 rupee thing is resolved.
So 10 days after I raised dispute with GPay, I received a surprise SMS yesterday morning from HDFC, stating INR 100 credited to FasTag. Took 10 days to credit. Using a platform that is used for super fast money transfers took more time than it takes for a cheque to clear

Nevertheless, problem solved.
Old 6th December 2019, 19:35   #4127
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to change the tag issuing bank, after the tag was issued and working successfully?

(not a great concern, but asking just to know the information)
Old 6th December 2019, 20:31   #4128
BHPian

Which FASTag is better to go with? Many have been suggesting ICICI FASTags. Airtel also have started this service. Quite confused on which one to prefer. My driving is mostly within Tamil Nadu. Please do guide me on the same.
Old 6th December 2019, 20:44   #4129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
An update. After trying to connect with ICICI Fastag Customer Care for the past few days and after trying to connect with them, all day today, since 3 AM, I finally got through their lines and was finally able to speak with a human being.
Inspired by Sumits efforts, I also tried a marathon session of dialling the number, the Toll Free did not connect, but the Toll Number finally connected. The "Premium rate service" message was first played in 3 languages before I could proceed, without mentioning what the rate is.
I was able to get another complaint registered, same as my earlier one I created from the web portal, so not sure if this will have any impact,the agent said wait till next week.However the agent told me they are short on tags, hence slow to assign. Only if escalations happen they try to do something,that is why "Web Portal" complaints are not even responded to. When I asked about my alternatives like cancelling, he said I cant gt another Tag for the same number till this process completes. Is this true ? Just the action of applying for a TAG has now made us hostage to the system ?

The number of hours I have already spent on the fastag process will not be cancelled by faster toll clearance in my driving lifetime, I do 1-2 highway trips a year, and cycle inside the city. My car has 11K Kms in 6.5 years of owning it, and my Cycle has 30 K kms on it in the same time.
They could have incented regular users with a hefty discount, and let people like me buy a prepaid card at a petrol pump to be topped up as needed, maybe even at a premium.
paragpatankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 22:38   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Someone traveled in a bus with his car's fastag in pocket (or bag) through Paliakkara toll plaza. As we can expect, toll got deducted from the tag. My friend had a similar experience when his car was brought in recovery van from Salem to Bangalore, toll got deducted from his fastag in most of the toll plazas.
Really amazed by reading your post. Which type of Fastag this man was carrying with him. I mean my tag never got detected automatically at any toll plaza while it is pasted on windshield and this man's tag got detected though it was kept in his pocket .

Irony happened yesterday when my tag was scanned by handheld device at Ghoti toll plaza and to next toll plaza at Vadpe it showed insufficient balance even though I had more than 2k balance. This toll should let me go as you don't need to pay if have paid at ghoti plaza. I showed the message to the toll attendant and he let me go by showing my vehicle as exempted vehicle. What should I do to automatically detect my tag. I am contemplating to remove sunfilm from windshield.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:15   #4131
BHPian

Further update.

I applied and paid for the ICICI Fastag on the 28th November, 2019.

Nothing happened till today, i. e. 6th December, 2019.

I finally managed to speak with the customer care executive today at 18:28 hours. Raised the issue of non-issuance and non-dispatch of the tag. He assured me. I hung up.

Within 15 minutes of the call, I received a text informing me that a tag has been allotted for my vehicle issued. Within the next 15 minutes, another text informing me that the tag has been dispatched! Wow!!

So basic lesson when it comes to applying for a fastag with ICICI is to call them. They work like supermen once you go bonkers.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:52   #4132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I have stuck it at the center behind the IVRM from the inside, it doesn't impede my view while driving.
Would it work if one pasted it on the black spotted part behind the rearview mirror?
Old 7th December 2019, 11:33   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
Which FASTag is better to go with? Many have been suggesting ICICI FASTags. Airtel also have started this service. Quite confused on which one to prefer. My driving is mostly within Tamil Nadu. Please do guide me on the same.
From user experience, Paytm FASTag seems to be more user friendly than all others, especially when it comes to topping up the wallet. Next preferred is ICICI FASTag, but there are some complaints with ease of topping up balance and also difficulty in resolution of disputes. Airtel Money is new into this and I guess they have a Rs. 50 cashback offer going on, but not much feedback yet from users. I think you can choose any provider as per your convenience - as all of them seem to have teething issues currently, it may make sense to go with the best offer available. Would suggest avoiding Axis Bank FASTag though, as they have maximum user complaints. Thanks.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 7th December 2019 at 11:54.
Old 7th December 2019, 11:56   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Would it work if one pasted it on the black spotted part behind the rearview mirror?
Yes, I have pasted it on the black dotted part and it works flawlessly.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:03   #4135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
For us, it didn't work when pasted in that black spotted area (the toll guy had to then manually hold the handheld device, leaning on the windshield, for it to get detected). After moving it below the spotted area, it worked smoothly with the mounted detector, so that black spotted area does seem to affect a smooth detection. Thanks.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 7th December 2019 at 12:12.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:52   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Really amazed by reading your post. Which type of Fastag this man was carrying with him. I mean my tag never got detected automatically at any toll plaza while it is pasted on windshield and this man's tag got detected though it was kept in his pocket .

Irony happened yesterday when my tag was scanned by handheld device at Ghoti toll plaza and to next toll plaza at Vadpe it showed insufficient balance even though I had more than 2k balance. This toll should let me go as you don't need to pay if have paid at ghoti plaza. I showed the message to the toll attendant and he let me go by showing my vehicle as exempted vehicle. What should I do to automatically detect my tag. I am contemplating to remove sunfilm from windshield.
Have you pasted it inside or outside the windshield ? I have also ordered a replacement tag and planning to stick it on the outside this time so that it gets detected. I have the same issue as yours.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:54   #4137
BHPian

I had applied for an ICICI bank fastag through their online portal. Paid Rs 449 for it and the fastag was delivered to my place within 10 days.

Did a Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar trip this week, the experience while going to Mahabaleshwar was seamless at all the 3 Toll plazas with the fastag being scanned almost immediately by the overhead scanners and the barrier opening up simultaneously.

Unfortunately for me, the return journey didn't inspire the same confidence. At the Talegaon Toll plaza, the fastag was not getting scanned by the overhead scanners and the toll attendant kept telling me that I have insufficient balance. I was confident that I cannot have insufficient balance since I had more than Rs 500 in my account. I requested the attendant to use a hand scanner to read the tag but he was adamant that I pay in cash. When I politely refused to pay in cash he asked me to move my car a little ahead and voila the tag got scanned automatically and the barrier opened.

At the Khalapur Toll plaza, the scanners were maybe not working and they were letting go all vehicles enabled with fastag without stopping them. I didn't receive any message/email of the toll amount being deducted at Khalapur which otherwise I always received within 10 minutes of passing all other tolls. The next day I received a message/email that my fastag account had been deducted by Rs 173 instead of Rs 57 which should have been deducted since my account was already deducted by Rs 173 at the Talegaon toll plaza I have registered a complaint on their portal, lets see how this thing gets resolved.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:37   #4138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Yes, I have pasted it on the black dotted part and it works flawlessly.
Have you put sunfilm on your windshield? If yes i wonder how it works. I have sunfilm on my windshield and have pasted tag below the black dots. Still waiting for tag to work flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Have you pasted it inside or outside the windshield ? I have also ordered a replacement tag and planning to stick it on the outside this time so that it gets detected. I have the same issue as yours.
We are in the same boat. It is not advisable to paste tag outside the windshield.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:58   #4139
Senior - BHPian

Finally, after waiting 22 days, I received a call from ICICI advising that my tag was despatched yesterday.

The Account summary page also updated which shows as :

Account Summary

Active Tag A/C (+ve) Balance ; Rs. 200.00
Active Tag A/C (-ve) Balance: Rs. 0.00
Current Balance : Rs. 200.00
Inactive Tag A/C Balance: Rs. 0.00
CUG Balance: Rs. 0.00

Tag Account Summary

Current Balance: Rs. 200.00
Tag Deposit: Rs. 200.00
Charge back Amount: Rs. 0.00

Is that balance amount Rs.200 as shown above can be usable or do I have to recharge fresh for future toll payments?
Old 7th December 2019, 14:10   #4140
BHPian

Can I have two fastags for the same car. Not simultaneously I mean. I already have an ICICI fastag, but would like to go for another one say Paytm. Is it possible.

Most Viewed