Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 15:09   #4276
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The scanner doesn't check your tag balance. It only checks whether tag status is Active or Blacklisted.

Blacklisted is when the balance goes to negative.

Say you have 20 INR and the toll booth you pass has a fee of 50, you will cross this without issue but soon after the balance will go negative and tag status to Blacklisted and you won't be able to pass the next one.
To avoid this I am thinking to do some good scheduled payment (monthly?) to the fastag account through NEFT or so. Atleast there will be sufficient balance in the account all the times. Since I travel every two months or so, this will help even if I forget to charge the fastag before travel (Surely I will forget it since not used to the fastag). After going blacklisted, charging the account on a travel might not always be possible considering the network range and speed. In that case instead of paying double the toll, having some extra money in account would be better.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 16th December 2019 at 15:10.
Old 16th December 2019, 15:17   #4277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
To avoid this I am thinking to do some good scheduled payment (monthly?) to the fastag account through NEFT or so. Atleast there will be sufficient balance in the account all the times. Since I travel every two months or so, this will help even if I forget to charge the fastag before travel (Surely I will forget it since not used to the fastag). After going blacklisted, charging the account on a travel might not always be possible considering the network range and speed. In that case instead of paying double the toll, having some extra money in account would be better.
At least with ICICI from my own experience, the Tag becomes active immediately after the balance goes to positive without any delays.

And with UPI payment, even recharging takes as less as 20 seconds for the balance to reflect in your tag account.

Even I travel quite frequently and it is before the journey that I make these top-ups but never have any scheduled instruction for this. Like you check for vehicle documents and your wallet before you leave for that journey, you can as well check the tag balance and recharge it as a practice!!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 15:32   #4278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Update on using Fastag for the first time:

So I did a Noida-Corbett trip this weekend and used the Paytm Fastag for the first time.
2. Brijghat Toll: Amount: INR 55/-. While going to Corbett there were no issues. However, while coming back, the toll guy said my card is blacklisted. Another guy came with a hand held scanner and gave the same response. I was a bit skeptical but had to pay cash. After 30 min I checked my Paytm App and found out that the money was deducted from my Fastag as well. Immediately wrote to Paytm with a picture of the receipt from toll plaza but no response yet. Its been more than 3 days now. Paytm has usually been like this. They just DO NOT RESPOND.
Meanwhile, I did not get a single response from Paytm. Its been 8 days. I expected Paytm to be slightly better than others, however, if you call their FT Helpline no one answers. The help line chat has also not been replied to. Gone are my 55 bucks.
Old 16th December 2019, 15:40   #4279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
At least with ICICI from my own experience, the Tag becomes active immediately after the balance goes to positive without any delays.
Not immediate, Takes about half hour for the status to reset even though balance shows positive. I've experienced this once. Recharged just after Vikravandi toll (km 149), and crossed Sengurichi in about 40 min ( km 198), showed blacklisted there. Status was OK by the time I crossed Thirumandhurai (km 255).
Old 16th December 2019, 15:44   #4280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Not immediate, Takes about half hour for the status to reset even though balance shows positive. I've experienced this once
For me it was immediate and I even for a text for the same. Checked on ICICI app and status was Active. May be a one time experience for you or for me
Old 16th December 2019, 15:51   #4281
BHPian

I'm in a weird situation.

I have got two Fastags for the same vehicle - Paytm and Axis. There were delays from Paytm, hence I ordered from Axis and got it earlier.

Now, when I login to Paytm to manage my Fastag account, I don't see any active tag linked to my account, the "manage fastag" link shows an error. There is a Rs 150 balance account in my Fastag though.

How do I know which of these two tags are active? Is there a way to find out?

I'm yet to fix the tag on my car
Old 16th December 2019, 15:53   #4282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I have one query. What if there is not enough balance in the Fastag account? Will the scanner at the toll booth reject passage or will the excess amount show as negative balance in Fastag account ?

Always maintain expected toll amount plus at least Rs 100 balance.
Old 16th December 2019, 16:10   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post

Now, when I login to Paytm to manage my Fastag account, I don't see any active tag linked to my account, the "manage fastag" link shows an error. There is a Rs 150 balance account in my Fastag though.
Even I'm in the same boat, I have both PayTm and HDFC tags active. However, most of the time PayTM tag reserve amonut shows 0 and sometimes 300. Also mostly I can not access "Manage Tag" link with the app. PayTm helpdesk does not bother to reply for 8-10 days altogether.
Old 16th December 2019, 16:29   #4284
Senior - BHPian

Confusion prevailed at the toll plazas between Mumbai and Pune on Sunday, the day one of the FASTag rollout, as vehicles waited in long queues on either sides of the facilities and most commuters paid the fares in cash.

The scene resembled any other day along the Mumbai entry toll plaza at Vashi. Both the toll plazas on the Pune-Mumbai expressway saw vehicles waiting to pay the toll, instead of driving through the gantry without a halt.

Toll officials were seen collecting the fares in cash at all the three plazas, even on the special ETC (electronic toll collection) lanes. An attendant at an ETC lane at Khalapur toll plaza said, “FASTag has officially been implemented, but we did not notice much transition on the ground.
Several vehicles did not have FASTag. Some vehicles had the FASTag, but it was not recharged. Many have old, damaged or invalid FASTags. We had to collect toll in cash from such motorists.”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72702354.cms

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 16th December 2019 at 16:32.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 18:14   #4285
BHPian

My dad asked me to get a Fastag for him - I looked up HDFC and ICICI.

HDFC said they didn't have any charges for the tag itself but said the reload transactions carried varying amount of convenience fees (1.1% for Credit card for instance).

ICICI had a Rs 100 charge but no convenience fees for ICICI bank account holders or those who paid with an ICICI card (don't remember the exact clause).

Are there any suggestions for companies providing Fastag which do not charge any amount? My dad drives very rarely but I'd still prefer to have a "free" option.
Old 16th December 2019, 19:22   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Some confusion about recharge:

ICICI App recharge page shows as:

Recharge your Wallet >

Recharge your Tags >

Transfer balance >

Which one should I recharge -Wallet or Tags (I think money deposited in the Wallet will go into the Tag account automatically when the amount in the Tag account get reduced?) ?

Why we have to maintain two different accounts (Wallet and Tags)?
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 19:37   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Recharge your Wallet >

Recharge your Tags >

Transfer balance >

Which one should I recharge -Wallet or Tags (I think money deposited in the Wallet will go into the Tag account automatically when the amount in the Tag account get reduced?) ?

The tag. A lot time ago before UPI the only option was to transfer funds to the wallet and then to the specific tag.

Once my tag got blacklisted because I recharged my wallet and forgot to transfer to the tag. So recharging the wallet alone is not enough.

The Wallet is mainly for these large tour operators who would like to transfer money at once and then allocate to the specific vehicles based on the usage. It used to be an irritating additional step for us single car users.

However now you can directly recharge your tag using any UPI app using netc.vehicleno@icici
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 19:54   #4288
BANNED

Quote:

Recharge your Wallet >

Recharge your Tags >

Transfer balance >

Are you using the latest version of the app? I dont have ICICIs fastag, but I'm an ICICI Customer. In the app, once you login, open "Bill pay, > FASTag". In this, you'll find the recharge tab. Your options I find are "Recharge vehicle" and "recharge tag wallet". Pick your choice.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 20:03   #4289
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is basically just one Fastag account which is identified by the Account Id. Under this, logically it has balance placeholders for a "wallet" and each tag(one per vehicle) that is associated with this ICICI Fastag account Id.

If you recharge the wallet, the balance goes into the "CUG wallet" which is typically used by fleet operators or those with more that one tag and then they can move the required amounts from the wallet to individual tags using the balance transfer feature. For a retail/domestic user like most of us, this isn't very useful, so I always directly recharge the tag (I have 2, one for each car).

So, I would think your choice should be Recharge Tag account

Last edited by NPV : 16th December 2019 at 20:04.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 20:30   #4290
BHPian

Quote:

Recharge your Wallet >

Recharge your Tags >

Transfer balance >

Yes, it is confusing. My understanding (gleaned from this forum) is:
>>
CUG is like a reserve, in the sense: In case tag account balance is low, you can xfer from CUG wallet to TAG account.
>>

Why in the world would someone operate like this, beats me.

So I make it a point to never recharge to CUG account. Instead I always recharge to TAG account.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks